• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

There's rumblings that the PTS will be updated soon with the new operation and stuff, the thread on the official forums was updated 2 days ago by the mods apparently.

Can't wait to try it out, they've also said that the new gear from terror from beyond will be a middle tier up from campaign gear (it will more than likely look exactly the same as campaign and just have level 65 mods in it)

One of the mods also said that the armorings for this new gear will no longer be bound to slot so you can use head armorings in your boots for example.

The pvp gear they are adding is just mainhand and off just to discourage people from using the new 65 weapons in pvp

Great, so I'm still not full campaign'd out and will have to work towards an all new tier!

SM of the new Operation will likely be on level of denova. New gear requirements aren't supposed to happen along with new tier of gear added. Sounds like we might not see new tier of gear till NM EC.

HBroward

One of the mods also said that the armorings for this new gear will no longer be bound to slot so you can use head armorings in your boots for example.

They just meant it will drop the next tier of the unbound armorings, just like Kephess does now, there is no change to the the main armor mods being locked to piece.
Here is the relevant comment:

Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings.

People misread that, I believe my interpretation is the correct one.

And the event ends Tuesday, the 21st.

HBroward

Bowcasters that are bound to legacy, new pets, custom sand people gear, I think that's about it. Oh a new speeder that looks like it's breaking down and about to explode.

Kilrathi

I just came back to the game, been trying to get my gear back up speed it was full rataka sith sorc dps set. Im guessing I could walk into denova hard mode?

They just meant it will drop the next tier of the unbound armorings, just like Kephess does now, there is no change to the the main armor mods being locked to piece.
Here is the relevant comment:

People misread that, I believe my interpretation is the correct one.

And the event ends Tuesday, the 21st.

Yea that makes a hell of a lot more sense, hoping we get the PTS drop in the next week or 2 to check it out

HBroward

Another heal would be nice, especially an instant cast that actually does a decent amount. And what I read of the warzone refers to having to go into a center room and just kill each other over and over. Basically deathmatch. It'll be interesting to see how that works out in practice.

New trailer up for upcoming stuff, shows what appears to be from another of the new space missions, but nothing really new, just new footage of what has already been announced as coming.

Cystm

New trailer up for upcoming stuff, shows what appears to be from another of the new space missions, but nothing really new, just new footage of what has already been announced as coming.

That trailer was meh. "Thundercats, Ho!"

The new Warzone looks rad, though.

No one posted this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49_bDv4_ik&feature=player_embedded

Gameplay from the new WZ. Apparently in the video there is a 30s cd, instant heal for the Sorcs now.

Would be glad for us to get a bit of loving after they made our big heal pretty much useless since 1.2 (I dont think I have ever used it once since we've been doing our hard denova runs the past 2 months)

Unnatural preservation is the new heal, pretty sure it says it cant be used on others so its just an emergency heal to keep us alive if we take a lot of damage.

Alur

Would be glad for us to get a bit of loving after they made our big heal pretty much useless since 1.2 (I dont think I have ever used it once since we've been doing our hard denova runs the past 2 months)

Unnatural preservation is the new heal, pretty sure it says it cant be used on others so its just an emergency heal to keep us alive if we take a lot of damage.

So basically it's our defensive cool down we begged for.

I'm with you on Dark Infusion. I have found over time that I have incorporated it back in PVP wise, but for PVE I dunno. I only just started PVE again last night. It made a big difference once I put it back in there for PVP in numbers, it's just very situational.

I absolutely loathe the force-sucking turd that is Dark Heal.

So basically it's our defensive cool down we begged for.

I'm with you on Dark Infusion. I have found over time that I have incorporated it back in PVP wise, but for PVE I dunno. I only just started PVE again last night. It made a big difference once I put it back in there for PVP in numbers, it's just very situational.

I absolutely loathe the force-sucking turd that is Dark Heal.

Dark heal was worth it when the force bending bug was still present where it wouldnt drop off after an innervate, just throw a quick force bended dark heal on yourself after consuming was awesome.... then they fixed the bug in 1.3 and screwed us again.

World event ends next tuesday, wait 3 months for new content and its gone in a week... frigging ridiculous, I know it wasnt amazing content but still it was better than nothing

UltraMav

Has anyone else had their dilapidated speeders insta-explode on them after mounting? I can't seem to find any other cases of this through google but I can't complete the quest my main due to this. I tried resetting the quest and no dice.

I have terrible luck. :(

Gamescon Interview from Darthhater: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

Sounds like they are wanting to do a new event in January on Illum to celebrate the anniversary of the incident that took place early this year..... lol

NM Denova might be out soon after the new OP is released.

World event ends next tuesday, wait 3 months for new content and its gone in a week... frigging ridiculous, I know it wasnt amazing content but still it was better than nothing

Yea right now it feels like there should have been much more to this event as it just ends in a whimper. Hopefully the new operation is out soon next month and not actively waiting 6 weeks from the event date to release.

so I'm guessing this new OP is being development to be on the same tier as Denova if they are planing to release Nim denova after?

About same level in difficulty it sounds, but I think they mentioned some new items being added to the HM version leading into the next tier of gear.

Also is it just me or there new colors of the current Campaign/bh gear on the preview vids? Assume next tier is just going to be recolors then kinda like how Tionese/Columi/Rakata were just different colors

Kilrathi

About same level in difficulty it sounds, but I think they mentioned some new items being added to the HM version leading into the next tier of gear.
if that the case then the content will be burned up pretty quickly, for how much time and effort they are putting in like new art work.

The bigger concern I have is when they increase the level cap is it going to trivialize the current content , if so are they going to rebalanced everything for level 55 or create new content which I didn't get answer from at E3 when I went(which was in a enclosed room with only 4 PCs they showed off a heroic 4 mission in a instance).

if that the case then the content will be burned up pretty quickly, for how much time and effort they are putting in like new art work.

The bigger concern I have is when they increase the level cap is it going to trivialize the current content , if so are they going to rebalanced everything for level 55 or create new content which I didn't get answer from at E3 when I went(which was in a enclosed room with only 4 PCs they showed off a heroic 4 mission in a instance).

Can't really put a whole new tier of gear and difficulty with each new op, that does the same thing with trivializing the previous content really quick.

Cystm

DH: Next one, very recent, yesterday The Grand Acquisition Race came online. Anything you can tell about world events? Are they coming more often or, just every few months, every year?

GA:Our long-term plan is to get the world events to be really frequent, and we’re going to continue to add them to the game. In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet. We’re targeting that for, January is when we’d like to see it, but we’ll see when it happens, you can’t hold me to that! I know how everyone does, and then I’m going to have the Executive Producer on me saying “you said a date!” and it’s like “no, no” but that is our target, because that’s when we’d like to have it because of the spirit of, and just sort of laughing at what happened.

PH0uf.gif

hlhtR.jpg

Oh, god. Please. PLEASE. Shut the fuck up.

Oxn

so i was kinda glad when they announced the free to play thing.

then i decided to try out the first 15 levels for free and see if it has changed since it first released. but nope combat still feels like crap.. guess i aint playing even when it goes f2p

Milly79

Thanks for stopping by to shit on the game we enjoy though! :p

Yeah, since December I guess he thought they were going to massively overhaul the combat. It won't ever change.

Also,

Hello! So I spoke to Principle Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert about this, and he feels that with some of the Legacy rebalancing that has occurred recently, he definitely agrees that there is a need for more rewards for players with Legacy levels 25 and higher. The team hasn't made any decisions yet, but it is something that they are exploring.

They shouldn't be exploring, there should have already been stuff in the works for the higher legacy levels. You made it go up to 50 but never planned to actually support it past lvl25?

Cystm

so i was kinda glad when they announced the free to play thing.

then i decided to try out the first 15 levels for free and see if it has changed since it first released. but nope combat still feels like crap.. guess i aint playing even when it goes f2p

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you might want to at least have some substance to back it up.

Cystm

They shouldn't be exploring, there should have already been stuff in the works for the higher legacy levels. You made it go up to 50 but never planned to actually support it past lvl25?

They are so out of their league when it comes to PR and communication. Every time they open their mouths, they quickly attempt to swallow their feet. Gabe "Warhammer PvP!" Amatangelo being one of the worst of the bunch. Stephen Reid and Daniel Erickson are/were the only one's that for the most part are/were respectable. Obviously Reid got the Axe, so more PR for DE, please.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What is Erickson up to now anyway? I haven't seen anything from him since the last layoff hit and the F2P announcement. Same for Ohlen.

I saw a quote somewhere that they're both still there.

HBroward

It's funny how out of all the people let go, the guy responsible for end game still has a job. Don't get me wrong, what is there has been good, but content has not been getting out consistently.

It's funny how out of all the people let go, the guy responsible for end game still has a job. Don't get me wrong, what is there has been good, but content has not been getting out consistently.

If its really his fault that content is not being released or the whole shift in staff along with change of focus to f2p. The work for F2P conversion had to have started some time back already which probably has screwed all us paying customers.

UltraMav

Can't say I much care for the recent rumblings of backpedaling on the whole "subscribers don't pay for new content" thing. I'd think they'd at least want to not jeopardize their remaining sub-base until they figure out exactly how the figures work with F2P/Subscription by waiting until well after the conversion to start thinking of changing their mind.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522771

Been gone for ages

Not sure if serious.

Cystm

Can't say I much care for the recent rumblings of backpedaling on the whole "subscribers don't pay for new content" thing. I'd think they'd at least want to not jeopardize their remaining sub-base until they figure out exactly how the figures work with F2P/Subscription by waiting until well after the conversion to start thinking of changing their mind.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522771

i18jR3zd1rPaQ.gif

The official forums are a cesspit.

Enosh

It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content
why the fuck is this up for any kind of discussion? do they really believe that people are going to pay on top of their sub for one planet?

Won

Hmm either piss off your subscribers or piss off your shareholders. I wonder which side will win out in the end!

Alur

Depending on what's included they will have to charge us. You can't release a huge chunk of content for free and not capitalize on it.

I will grant you concessions for the size of the update, but if they ball up a fully fleshed out planet plus raid/wz/space etc and want to charge a few bucks for it I don't see how anyone who has played an MMO before could be upset.

I'm as upset as anyone with their cavalier attitude, lack of foresight, and apparent lack of either effort or management...but there's no way I realistically expect them to drop a large update/expansion for free because I pay 15$ a month.

Top Bottom