• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So yea as expected, they are doing some kind of new megaserver upgrade and they just posted about testing it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5154296#edit5154296

They copied all east coast characters to it?! Of course it's funny how they whined about not being able to copy character to the test server yet they were able to secretly do it to everyone on several servers

I'm curious if this means everyone will be on 1 server per type or if it's to facilitate the influx of FTP players without opening up any additional servers.

I'm curious if this means everyone will be on 1 server per type or if it's to facilitate the influx of FTP players without opening up any additional servers.

Perhaps. They delayed doing the auto transfers, so perhaps they are going to eventually consolidate everyone to these new megaservers. Course it's no doubt multiple servers just instanced together like other games have used.

HBroward

They posted on reddit and said it was to accommodate all the people who have yet to transfer to destination servers, in addition to potential new players. All the existing destination servers will be upgraded with the new tech.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PREFORMANCE PATCH YES!!!!!!

Until they have a "performance patch" that totally upgrades the engine into not requiring onerous loading screens that were barely acceptable 7 years ago every time you change areas, I won't be terribly impressed.

Milly79

Until they have a "performance patch" that totally upgrades the engine into not requiring onerous loading screens that were barely acceptable 7 years ago every time you change areas, I won't be terribly impressed.

When you have a computer that struggles to maintain 30 fps, I'll take what I can get.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
When you have a computer that struggles to maintain 30 fps, I'll take what I can get.

Not to derail here, but there is a girl that I always see at my gym that is the freaking splitting image of your avatar. Smokin hot. I'd take a pic a to prove it if snapping candid shots at the gym wasn't creepy as fuck.

vilmer_

Oh gawd I just had hm flashpoints and ops checked off in the group finder and the ops one popped, I accepted, then the flashpoint one popped, I declined and was no longer in the ops group :/

Cystm

So, I apparently stumped GW2 GAF.

I just bought the game. I want to play with GAF, but their server is full. I figured I would just make a throw away character until the server opened, but I got a message saying that If I can only choose one server and have to pay to play on another.

Is that... Are they really pulling that shit, or am I looking over something?

I just bought the game. I want to play with GAF, but their server is full. I figured I would just make a throw away character until the server opened, but I got a message saying that If I can only choose one server and have to pay to play on another.

You can transfer for free currently. Once the server is not at full status you can move over.

Heysoos

Yeah, you can't actually do it like SWTOR and create characters on different servers. Kinda sucks, but I believe they're going to eventually allow going into as other servers as guests or something. Anyways, for now you just have to wait until Stormbluff Isle opens up. :(

Cystm

Yeah, you can't actually do it like SWTOR and create characters on different servers. Kinda sucks, but I believe they're going to eventually allow going into as other servers as guests or something. Anyways, for now you just have to wait until Stormbluff Isle opens up. :(

Where is the pitchfork mob over that shit?

:lol

Did you guys get in the GAF server? Or where did you end up? Seems like I have to put a lot of weight in this decision...

I've been sitting at the server select screen for far longer than I should ever have to.

Edit: Fuck it, I am just going to roll with Dara again.

Edit 2: Jade Quarry is full too, so yeah. Fuck. Random ass server it is.

DAT GW2 INNOVATION!

Meanwhile, SWTOR is installing their superserver technology. They just put up a test server that has all the east coast servers' accounts on it.

HBroward

The problem with Stormbluff Isle is that it was a large server to begin with, and then the WvW rankings came out and SI was ranked number 2. So now a ton more people have transferred to our server so they can be on a winning team.

UltraMav

Damn I totally wasted a bunch of time leveling a JK to level 10 on the PTS. :(

Hi there. For Game Update 1.4, the previous titles granted for playing on PTS are not available. Your help in testing the new content is truly appreciated. Thanks for participating!

Heysoos

Where is the pitchfork mob over that shit?

:lol

Did you guys get in the GAF server? Or where did you end up? Seems like I have to put a lot of weight in this decision...

I've been sitting at the server select screen for far longer than I should ever have to.

Edit: Fuck it, I am just going to roll with Dara again.

Edit 2: Jade Quarry is full too, so yeah. Fuck. Random ass server it is.

DAT GW2 INNOVATION!

I'm on Stormbluff Isle, just keep and eye out and try to transfer to it as soon as it opens up.

MysticX

man, this sux, so I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition, but I can´t start because I have to purchase a subscription or use a game time card, but this is supposedly to have 30 games play time??? wth

fenners

man, this sux, so I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition, but I can´t start because I have to purchase a subscription or use a game time card, but this is supposedly to have 30 games play time??? wth

Once you sign up, you'll get your 30 days free play time - you won't be billed until the end of that free cycle. But they require you to sign up at least (like most MMOs/services like this). You're able to sign up with payment details & cancel right away, I believe, and still get your 30 days free.

vilmer_

We had a world pvp event tonight on Ilum, and I can't believe how much better everything runs there now. They most definitely did some serious optimizations there. Gone are the days of the slideshow :lol

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Did they re-design Ilum?

Not yet, it's really only useful for the dailies right now. He was talking about a PVP event that the people on his server created.

Did they re-design Ilum?

No but there are servers that have been doing organized pvp events there. Optimization improvements have it working out fairly well now.

Bioware says they are doing an event in January where illum is apparently getting a reboot. After the successof the pvp during the rackghoul event, it sounds like they are going to do something similar with mixing in pve elements to fight over.

Giolon

Was hoping for 1.4 to hit tomorrow due to the 8 hr maintenance window, but it's apparently just server consolidation.

For those freaking out, this isn't further merging of the high population servers; it's the forced move of all remaining characters on the zombie servers to the high pop servers.

And in great news (to me anyway), they're increasing the character cap per server to 12! Any moved characters will let you go over that limit, but you won't be able to create a new character until you delete some to get under 12.

kmz

Neo Member
For those freaking out, this isn't further merging of the high population servers; it's the forced move of all remaining characters on the zombie servers to the high pop servers.

And in great news (to me anyway), they're increasing the character cap per server to 12! Any moved characters will let you go over that limit, but you won't be able to create a new character until you delete some to get under 12.

Actually it looks like there will be some actual merging of previous destination servers: http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list

And name conflict rules are no longer "destination server wins" but "based on multiple factors".

I forsee... trouble.

kms_md

So JC is getting CO tomorrow, which is still an active server... More PVPers. Yay. \o/

Also, no more Fatman!

canderous has had pretty steady population since the merger. i am bummed that i will lose my names (again). i may bail on my imp guild on this move. any guilds looking for an op healer (will be bringing along two other 50s - annihilation marauder and pyro PT)?

Milly79

Elite Empire on JC needs a healer full time for one of their groups. I can't remember their raid times, exactly. Been sporadic lately since we've been farming HM EC for the past few months. HBroward would know more.

That is if you're geared, have done the fights, etc.

So more players are going to be losing their names tomorrow. Brilliant. That set off so many folks and pissed off guildies, they thought the last move was going to be permanent and everyone else was being moved to our destination servers. This is pathetic

Giolon

So more players are going to be losing their names tomorrow. Brilliant. That set off so many folks and pissed off guildies, they thought the last move was going to be permanent and everyone else was being moved to our destination servers. This is pathetic

Yep. And you know what would be awesome? More than 12 hours notice, but Bioware can't even get that right.

StudioTan

Well, I looked and after having to move to Corellian Run I'm now going to be moved to The Shadowlands. The good news is already have placeholder characters on that server with all the names I wanted. The bad news is this seems like it still won't guarantee me those names. Oddly enough one of the characters that I have on there has a name that I had lost on the first move. So will I get it back now? :p

Top Bottom