• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Patch notes for 1.4 on the Test Realm is up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=523625

The picture of the new trooper armor looks pretty bad ass.

So yea not many new features really outside of the new Operation. Lot of tweaks and changes to the game really though, seems they are making getting BH coms even easier now that they are putting in the next tier of gear. And Story Mode EC is getting big nerfs to make it easier, HM appears to be unchanged.

And booooo Bioware for not getting in Dual Specs which they said they hoped to do in 1.4

HBroward

Please let HK be in this content too! That video has me pretty hyped for the new operation, hopefully we have a raid group left to do it by the time it comes out.

Edit: Please explain this to me:
Marksmanship
Followthrough is now usable within the 5 seconds immediately following Snipe, Ambush, or Takedown.

Does this mean it has no cooldown now or something, what exactly is the change there? Is this a buff to marksman? A fix for some never encountered glitch?

Oh, and nice the weekly quests give daily commendations now.

Milly79

You are on lookout duty for any new titles we can earn on the test server!

"Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer the ability to copy characters for this test nor will there be any rewards offered for testing. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause."

And I have no idea on the FT thing. It's always up when I need to use it after Ambush proc'd or Snipe with Ambush on CD.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Patch notes for 1.4 on the Test Realm is up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=523625

The picture of the new trooper armor looks pretty bad ass.

So yea not many new features really outside of the new Operation. Lot of tweaks and changes to the game really though, seems they are making getting BH coms even easier now that they are putting in the next tier of gear. And Story Mode EC is getting big nerfs to make it easier, HM appears to be unchanged.

And booooo Bioware for not getting in Dual Specs which they said they hoped to do in 1.4

This is interesting:

Trees and large moving objects now cast animated shadows in the game world. Shadows are smoother, and players will notice improved self-shadowing. Additionally, the shadow system has been optimized to increase performance. Players utilizing AMD Crossfire or Nvidia SLI options will see a boost in performance. To see these changes, the shader settings and shadow settings must be set to "high."

EDIT: I like this as well :)

Players can now use "match color to chest" for their companions, and can choose to show or hide companion head gear.

HBroward

Well, nice to not have titles to chase I guess, but they could definitely remove the cooldown on followthrough, it could be used more then it is currently. That would be a nice change.

Tarazet

Well, nice to not have titles to chase I guess, but they could definitely remove the cooldown on followthrough, it could be used more then it is currently. That would be a nice change.

Followthrough is too powerful to remove the cooldown. It would make Snipers do double the DPS of any other class.

Tarazet

Good ones, yes. But, there are not many good ones on JC.

MM has the problem of being a white damage class in PvP. It's still really good at what it does, but other classes are better at dealing with heavy armor. In PvE though, Followthrough being off cooldown would make it retarded. It hits almost as hard as Ambush and has a net energy gain.

Milly79

MM has the problem of being a white damage class in PvP. It's still really good at what it does, but other classes are better at dealing with heavy armor. In PvE though, Followthrough being off cooldown would make it retarded. It hits almost as hard as Ambush and has a net energy gain.

That's very true. That's why I've went almost 100% full Leth, while HBroward does MM. It's a very nice compliment of specs.

Also, Elite WH OH/MH stats are up in this thread.

Also, TFB saved stream here FC, I believe. Link

Reduced cost for Mod extraction is good to see. But the best thing is that
1) Bind on pickup and bind on legacy items can be given to someone else who's eligible to roll for it for up to 2 hours.

2) off hand weapons/shields now can be modded.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Got up to the second boss(s) in Terror From Beyond, the zone is really freaking cool.

First boss dropped a Rakata piece. Also the trash mobs drop a crapload of credits, I have no idea if that's just for test but it was certainly nice.

EDIT - I forgot, it was nice to hear newly recorded dialogue for my smuggler.

Milly79

First boss dropped a Rakata piece. Also the trash mobs drop a crapload of credits, I have no idea if that's just for test but it was certainly nice.

That is awesome. I remember them saying they buffed it in 1.2 or 1.3, but even Denova didn't have that much dropping. A lot more than previous Ops, but yeah.

UltraMav

Hmm thinking of rolling a new character on the PTS to get the original titles for level 10 and end of Chapter 1. Those are still available, right?

Cystm

Hmm thinking of rolling a new character on the PTS to get the original titles for level 10 and end of Chapter 1. Those are still available, right?

*Please note the following:

All titles will be granted when Game Update 1.3 goes live.
The deadline to meet the requirements for the titles is June 16th, 2012

I don't think you still can.

That stream you posted, Yooni was awesome. The new Operation looks great.

Zafir

Wow, rage got a bit of a buff? Wasn't expecting that one.

Sorc and Merc still seem like they'll be the lowest 2 classes again, the changes don't really seem to fix the issues either class was facing.

Milly79

I'm really hoping they fix the performance issues tomorrow. Judging by the official forums, there are a lot of people complaining about this issue. I know I don't have the strongest computer, but if I'm running very low settings and getting 15-20 fps in outdoor areas and massive AOE fests in PVP, something is wrong. It was not this bad of a problem before the last patch.

Tarazet

Wow, check out the gear Yooni, snipers get screwed stat wise versus gunslingers. I really don't understand why we would get different stat allocations. We get almost no power at all, wtf? Here is a link to see what I'm talking about.

Isn't the Field Tech gear the same for Snipers and Gunslingers? Correct me if I'm wrong. Enforcer = DPS Operative/Scoundrel, Field Medic = healer Operative/Scoundrel, Field Tech = Sniper/Slinger.

Sigh, and with no BH equivalent I guess we won't be able to min/max like a Slinger.

Oh well. I'm leveling a Slinger now and it's in PD. :)

Im making a Scoundrel healer, fancy playing a bit on the pub side.

Anyone looked into the offhand change? Saw my focus had a color crystal, enhancement and mod slots, is it possible to get much better stats off your offhand now than with the basic ones in 1.3 if you play with mods?

Also the Hazmat implants cost 350 Black hole comms on the test server, it will be a little harder to get the comms as well considering the chests in EC no longer contain BH comms so better start saving now!

HBroward

Isn't the Field Tech gear the same for Snipers and Gunslingers? Correct me if I'm wrong. Enforcer = DPS Operative/Scoundrel, Field Medic = healer Operative/Scoundrel, Field Tech = Sniper/Slinger.

Look at the weapons for the two though. Slingers get power on main and offhand, while snipers get more crit.

Snipers get 238 crit rating, slingers get 258 power on their weapons. With all the crit on the field tech gear, snipers will have 431 crit rating, which is absurd, and a complete waste of stats. If there was gear to mix and match mods with it would be one thing, but you have to step down a tier gear wise to do so. If the pvp weapons are the same I will just quit, this is ridiculous at this point.

Tarazet

Look at the weapons for the two though. Slingers get power on main and offhand,while snipers get more crit.

Snipers get 238 crit rating, slingers get 258 power on their weapons. With all the crit on the field tech gear, snipers will have 431 crit rating, which is absurd, and a complete waste of stats. If there was gear to mix and match mods with it would be one thing, but you have to step down a tier gear wise to do so.

I see.

HBroward

Hopefully it is an oversight, and will be remedied before launch. I highly recommend any snipers to post in the PTS forums to try and have the issue brought to the attention of the devs.

Milly79

If the pvp weapons are the same I will just quit, this is ridiculous at this point.

LOL guess you're done

Slinger:
image261.png

image262.png

Sniper:
image255.png

image256.png

Can't really remember where the stats lay with the WH MH/OH atm. I know I'm sitting around 34% crit and 32%~ surge on my WH that I toyed with a bit. This MAY remedy my issue, IF I'm not losing any power (but I bet I am). But, more acc? Wtf.

Maybe they (Slingers) went through this with the WH and we're just catching up to them IF we didn't touch our gear in terms of crit/surge/acc? Just a shot in the dark.

I don't really have a problem with killing things, but I can see your frustration if we're getting gimped here. I've also heard that the Slinger may do more dmg than us because the OH puts out a 2nd amount of dmg that may total more than our single hits???

HBroward

Yeah, I can't log into the forums to post about it until I get home, so maybe someone will have posted about it by then. Supposedly the new PVP offhands have armoring that can be removed and placed in other pieces of gear for all classes except the agent/smuggler, whose offhands have barrels instead. Why Bioware, Why? I'm sure it will all be fixed, just amazed stuff like this falls through the cracks.

Draxal

Yeah, I can't log into the forums to post about it until I get home, so maybe someone will have posted about it by then. Supposedly the new PVP offhands have armoring that can be removed and placed in other pieces of gear for all classes except the agent/smuggler, whose offhands have barrels instead. Why Bioware, Why? I'm sure it will all be fixed, just amazed stuff like this falls through the cracks.

Well, they actually don't use shields/foci/generators but do wield offhand weapons so barrels make sense. It's a huge benefit anyway, as usually the offhand weapons are easier to pick up.

MysticX

I noticed that the standard edition is now on sale on origin, is it even worth buying since it will soon be f2p? or are there perks worth the while.

I´ve been playing the free trial and absolutely love it :)

StudioTan

I noticed that the standard edition is now on sale on origin, is it even worth buying since it will soon be f2p? or are there perks worth the while.

Yes, it's worth it because the game is $15 which is the same a 1 month sub so basically you're just paying the sub. You'll get some cartel coins to spend in the store when it goes F2P for each month you're subbed between now and then.

Cystm

Like StudioTan said, you can start accumulating Cartel Coins now by subscribing.

And it's worth mentioning that you can find the collector's edition for 30$ in-store at most Gamestops. Aside from the amazing price cut (originally $150) and all the collector's Edition items, owning the CE nets you 1000 cartel coins. Considering that as it stands right now, each paid month will net you 150 coins per. So for the price of two months of subscription time, you get 700 extra cartel coins too.

Here's the unbloxing for the Collector's Edition.
For this price, I recommend anyone new getting into the game do so in this way. It's the most bang for your buck.

StudioTan

Saw this on Reddit and thought it would interest some of you. Some data mined stuff from the PTS is hinting at upcoming content and FTP store stuff. I don't think there are any spoilers because we've know about some of this stuff but a warning just in case.

http://www.weritsblog.com/2012/09/swtor-14-data-dump.html

StudioTan

One of the things I thought was interesting was this: qst.test.jmoretto.bounty_test

I know I heard in an interview that they were thinking about bounty hunter missions as the type of content that would have you revisiting all the planets. This seems like it might be test code for a system like that. That would be very very cool.

I quit months ago. Any reason to come back? I got really bored and the game was poorly optimized.

Performance has greatly improved, but not having you bored, is hard to say.

One of the things I thought was interesting was this: qst.test.jmoretto.bounty_test

I know I heard in an interview that they were thinking about bounty hunter missions as the type of content that would have you revisiting all the planets. This seems like it might be test code for a system like that. That would be very very cool.

I assume if they do put in a bounty hunt type of system into the game, it won't be restricted to just Bounty Hunter characters. Would be pointless to create new content system for a single class on only one faction.

Looks like they will be adding in with the F2P the new dailies content stuff and probably HK-51 from this stuff. Seems to have the new space mission content as well.

Top Bottom