• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Cystm

Wow...

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce a new monthly LiveStream Q&A Event. The objective of this new LiveStream event series is to answer any questions our Community has concerning the content within each Game Update. Below is all the information you need in order to watch and participate in the first monthly LiveStream Event.

Very cool.

first monthly LiveStream Event.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - LiveStream

9/21/2012

4:00pm to 4:30pm CDT

The first LiveStream Event will discuss Game Update 1.4 – Terror From Beyond. This Game Update brings a brand new Operation, enhanced customization options, and expanded social features to The Old Republic. If you’d like to participate in this LiveStream Q&A Event, you can ask questions beforehand on the official forums or live on the LiveStream through Livestream chat, Twitter (#SWTOR), and Facebook.

Be sure to come back to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for all the latest news. Also, don’t forget that you can stay up to date on the latest news and announcements on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ through Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

Edit:

Did you guys get the Fatman? That'd explain the shitty chat.

Yeah, Fatman went to P5.

Names issues aside, the servers are filled with a shit ton of people. I am really looking forward to F2Play.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Did you guys get the Fatman? That'd explain the shitty chat.

I don't know about their server but chat on Shadowlands was much more immature than my experience on Corellian Run and Sith Wyrm before it. I was going to ignore one guy who was just screaming obscenities and spamming random all-caps gibberish except there were other idiots cheering him on and I didn't feel like putting them all on ignore, I just stopped looking at chat.

So it doesn't seem they raised the instance caps for zones? It didn't look like it from the little I saw, but I didn't get to spend much time in the game with Borderlands 2 out. And 1.4 should be next week mostl likely.

Wow...

Very cool.

Hopefully they keep it up unlike their podcasts they announced and then abandoned. Course that was probably due to more folks losing their jobs... so hopefully that wont be happening again with things ramping up with the F2P soon.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So it doesn't seem they raised the instance caps for zones? It didn't look like it from the little I saw, but I didn't get to spend much time in the game with Borderlands 2 out. And 1.4 should be next week mostl likely.

I don't think so, I went to a couple of planets and the zones were capping out at around 80 people just as before. I know some planets like the starter worlds and Coruscant are exceptions.

Cystm

The doctors are retiring from the games industry (thread in gaming, not going through the effort to link via my cell phone)

It should be interesting to see where this game goes without their continued presence at Bioware.

Sad to see them stop making great games.

StudioTan

The doctors are retiring from the games industry (thread in gaming, not going through the effort to link via my cell phone)

It should be interesting to see where this game goes without there continued presence at Bioware.

Sad to see them stop making great games.

I think we've already seen the changes, they've known about this for 6 months.

StudioTan

Oh cool, I lost my main's name even though I was a destination server. Time to unsub.

Everyone got moved in this transfer. The new mega-servers share names with previous servers but you're not on the same server you were. Who got to keep names was determined by stuff like when the character was created, level, sub status, whether you already had to change your name etc.

Sorry you lost your name :(

Heysoos

hutt bucks

COMPLETELY OT here:

back when I was in elementary there was that whole "futt buck" thing going around so that us as dumb kids could get away with cussing. I'm not sure if it was because English wasn't my first language, but I could never get it right so I always ended up just saying futt fucks.

yeah..

Somnia

Is something wrong with EA's servers? I couldn't download Origin update and it's having issues downloading SWTOR Client (I miss the game and am resubbing)

Somnia

Well I have no idea what the problem is. I keep getting Network Error 310 (it starts at 8kb/sec and then goes to 0/kb right away and times out) and nothing is fixing it, I've done everything I can think of.

On top of that Origin is doing the same thing, I can't download their new update. Everything else internet wise is perfect on my computer, it's only these 2 EA programs.

Heysoos

Is something wrong with EA's servers? I couldn't download Origin update and it's having issues downloading SWTOR Client (I miss the game and am resubbing)

Are you trying to download the client from Origin? If you, have you tried downloading the client from the website? If it's only EA programs, could it be an internet issue? You could try to go to the SWTOR customer support and see if they can help you further. They usually ask for a log and they can tell if you if you're having problems connecting to their servers pretty quickly. Have you installed any new programs that could have possibly affected your internet? New Antivirus, new router/modem maybe? I think there's a port list in the SWTOR forums in case you have those closed.

---

We were down 100-8 earlier, so I decide to push for east alone. Killed a Sniper and Juggernaut. Capped east.

Me and Hobi started directing traffic for our team. Andddddd

We win!

Somnia

Are you trying to download the client from Origin? If you, have you tried downloading the client from the website? If it's only EA programs, could it be an internet issue? You could try to go to the SWTOR customer support and see if they can help you further. They usually ask for a log and they can tell if you if you're having problems connecting to their servers pretty quickly.

I did the checks and everything off customer support (I'm not the only one with this problem, or the only one who has had it in before it appears based on old posts). I have good connections to their servers, no idea. I'll just try again later and see what happens.

Cystm

Are you trying to download the client from Origin? If you, have you tried downloading the client from the website? If it's only EA programs, could it be an internet issue? You could try to go to the SWTOR customer support and see if they can help you further. They usually ask for a log and they can tell if you if you're having problems connecting to their servers pretty quickly. Have you installed any new programs that could have possibly affected your internet? New Antivirus, new router/modem maybe? I think there's a port list in the SWTOR forums in case you have those closed.

---

We were down 100-8 earlier, so I decide to push for east alone. Killed a Sniper and Juggernaut. Capped east.
http://i.minus.com/jy5L1vOJyTLdd.jpg
Me and Hobi started directing traffic for our team. Andddddd
http://i.minus.com/jbnqZR0DoQTdee.jpg
We win!

Some weak ass dps there, Jay.

Nice Objectives score though.

Quality of Life Improvements in Game Update 1.4

Still not quite hitting the sweet spot, but I am liking the effort they are putting in.

Somnia

Oh. I misread it as thinking you were downloading it directly through the Origin client.

Thanks for trying though :)

Origin is giving me issues also and searching around, it appears I'm not the only one. Hopefully its just something that's cleared up tomorrow as I really want to get back in.

Cystm

Some guy was being really mean to me in-game! He told me to "go post on GAF." and that I was a "baddie."

Later, I will cry myself to sleep.

Milly79

Funny to see all these people get banned.

HK - Before end of year.
Cathar - No time frame.

NiM is going to be totally different. New mechanics and much, much harder. Nice!

Milly79

<3

Going to work on my scoundrel whenever I get some sort of free time

Didn't realise BSW fell apart while I was away for a few days, pretty crazy...

Yeah... It's pretty sad. Angel was apologizing up and down, thinking he killed it. Could have been it, but I dunno.

Spagetti and dirt bags?

super_soaker.gif

Alur

I wouldn't bother with any Imp guilds at this point.

/begin lament

I just think we have a lot of "name" PVP players, who have their 3 or 4 they run with regularly...and too many of those in one guild creates issues. Everyone keeps trying to form super groups, but most of the people forming the super groups were leaders of a group already...and originally they are cool with taking the backseat, but they either can't keep their lips sealed or their former guild members still run to them to fix issues forming cliques and destabilizing the guild.

Imp side just keeps getting hammered with it. Rated has just been an absolute guild crusher for us on our side. VM has had it happen twice with two different groups of people (though one was their raiders). The Turks took in all the PVPers and then imploded cause of only one A team. Ewokalypse imploded because they brought in Turks folks with too many other folks who hated em, not to mention too many guilds absorbed at once in general. Evil Bastards lost all theirs to Ewok and then regained them and then lost them again to BSW. Battlestation Sexywagon I don't know about, but I'm sure it was the same thing...imp PVP guild just not possible at the top end of rated I don't think. We live up to the lack of cooperation inherent in our faction's backstory.

I've been playing pubs too. I've got one character in GAF and several unguilded (38 shadow, 31 sage, 23 guardian, 21 sentinel, 21 gunslinger). I dunno what I'll end up sticking with, but I do get aggravated when there are no heals in PVP and that's why we lose.

People just get along better over on the pub side on our server, work together better, and appear to be less inclined to ridicule and alienate each other. Always have, and it's nice doing something different.

Milly79

People just get along better over on the pub side on our server, work together better, and appear to be less inclined to ridicule and alienate each other. Always have, and it's nice doing something different.

I think the COers are doing a great job and starting shit with practically everyone on the server.

Even the Pub side seems a bit more hostile towards each other.

Alur

I think the COers are doing a great job and starting shit with practically everyone on the server.

Even the Pub side seems a bit more hostile towards each other.

I dunno, that may be the case there. I wouldn't be surprised. Troyy appeared to be the new Devil from what I had seen, but I didn't get to see much cause I can't get back on til 26th. Moving.

Top Bottom