• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Moaradin

Awesome. Renewed my subscription last week. I enjoy GW2, but it actually made me appreciate TOR more, if that makes sense. Playing GW2 really made me miss the story aspect that TOR gives. I'm probably going to re-roll a republic character this time.

Is the GAF guild still going?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Is it bad that the biggest part of 1.4 to me is no more diaper jedis?

The part I'm most looking forward to is not having my companions looks like idiots so I think it's ok!

Moaradin

Nice, the shadows were one of my biggest complaints about the graphics. I wound up turning them nearly off because of how low resolution their maps were.

That said, what the actual fuck is going on with the music/SFX in this video. Cracked me up.

No idea lmao.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They fixed diapers?

Here you go, just took these shots on the live and PTS respectively:

screenshot_2012-09-25f2si4.jpg

Cystm

Awesome. Renewed my subscription last week. I enjoy GW2, but it actually made me appreciate TOR more, if that makes sense. Playing GW2 really made me miss the story aspect that TOR gives. I'm probably going to re-roll a republic character this time.

Is the GAF guild still going?

PUB GAF is still going strong.

Milly79

I really wish they would allow advanced class respec'ing via Cartel Coins. That way I could be your pocket healer.

Double Slinger? What level are you?

44 now. Been hitting it hard. Thankfully I can swap stuff over tomorrow even cheaper!!! The slinger animations are better anyway, IMO.

Heysoos

Has anyone that played want to fill me in on the details for the MK-2 Recruit Set.

Also:
3 Warzone Commendations can now be traded for 1 Ranked Warzone Commendation.

I'm confused, hasn't it always been 3:1?

Edit: Guess they're just doing it since it seems players didn't know you could use the slider to exchange from 1-99 at a time.

Has anyone that played want to fill me in on the details for the MK-2 Recruit Set.

They got rid of recruit set and released a more buffed up version thats closer to battlemaster, probably because they dont want new people giving up on pvp after they their face smashed in by someone wearing all elite war hero gear.

UltraMav

With the shadows being dynamic now, could we potentially see day/night cycles down the line?

I certainly hope so, but from the patch notes it states only moving objects have dynamic shadows, I suppose this means the tech could possibly be applied to all objects later.

HBroward

The MK-2 Recruit gear is supposed to be close stat-wise to the old champion gear I believe.

Edit: Yooni, please check if that change to followthrough really did remove a cool down, or what that change was. Marksman dps would go up a notch potentially, which would be awesome, even more burst! It's too good to be true, so go ahead and dash my hopes.

Why has everyone been saying MK-2 gear is free..? It hasn't been for any of my toons. Am I missing something?

When you hit 50 you get the redemption thingie to trade in for recruit gear. Most of us already redeemed our free set or sold the stuff for creds and we are not getting new ones. MK-2 just replaces completely the old set on the vendors

Heysoos

Oh, really?

Chump change I would Imagine.

Fuck it. I am broke on JC, need any creds I can get.

From what I hear, you can't get credits now. Only armor.

To clarify, the mission that gave you free recruit gear MK-1 set or the credits is now only offering MK-2 sets. If you have already done this mission, you don't get it again. So MK-1 users, have to suck it up and buy the new set if they want it. (My Commando is officially retired from PVP since I used the mission to buy MK-1 set before 1.4, I don't get MK-2 for free.)

StudioTan

I don't see this in the patch notes but the armor preview now has hi-res textures. That one was of my biggest small issues.

HBroward

Not looking forward to jumping into some PUG group for the new op, frigging boo

Yeah, it sucked not having you last night, Barbie and I were the ones healing it. We got up to the last boss with no issues and then called it there after two unsuccessful attempts. That phase 2 of the last boss was just killing people left and right. People weren't leaving the platforms for the tentacles slam attacks, and it does a ton of damage even in story mode!

Somnia

My game is finally downloading! I broke down cause it wouldn't work and reactivated WoW and bought MOP, I really regret it now =(

Gonna reup after its done downloading so I'll see all you PUBS on tomorrow (even though I'm extremely low level on republic side).

Heysoos

My game is finally downloading! I broke down cause it wouldn't work and reactivated WoW and bought MOP, I really regret it now =(

Gonna reup after its done downloading so I'll see all you PUBS on tomorrow (even though I'm extremely low level on republic side).

Are you already in the GAF guild?

Cystm

Selva Umbra?? The assassin? Idk, but they're pretty annoying.

Yeah, That was the character!

I thought they were a GAFer. They said they missed me... Weird.

She followed me around all game waiting for me to get near fire traps, then would destealth, overload, and then spike/electrocute and then /tickle me.

I was impressed either way.

HBroward

So there are chests in TFB, someone on reddit found two of them:

Not sure if everyone is tracking the locations of the two chest before and after the 3rd boss from TFB (Operator XI).
[Before Operator XI] As you entered the building with these blue hologram-type walls, there is a wall that is passable which leads to the room that holds the chest. Mobs will spawn as you enter.
[After Operator XI] As you exit the building you can see the hypergate before you fight Kephess the Dying. Turn to the right and you will see a wall with mobs waiting for you. The chest is located behind that wall.

Top Bottom