• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

So I'm a lvl 25 Shadow that just got onto Nar Shaada

Is there ever going to be a point when I'm not poor as crap? I'm biochem and I try to make some decent stuff but recently I've just been trying to sell the mats from bioanalysis. I had one successful sale but they seem sporadic.

I spent most of my pre-50 days extremely poor due to the high cost of skills and then speeder licenses/speeders. In the end, I decided I'd just quit buying the non-pertinent skills til I was 50 (on my first char). Mine was a sorcerer, so I never bought the lightsaber skills after like 25 or 30 until I was 50 because I never used them.

I've seen other folks claim they are rolling in the credits leveling though, so maybe you and I are just doing it wrong.

Crafting can make you poor while leveling heh. Slicing is nice for leveling and making some easy extra creds though since you literally constantly just find money laying around in those safes. But usually players are not going to make any major bank till they hit 50, you will constantly be spending money as you level. Only way some might be saving lots of creds is if they rarely upgrade their gear. I like to always hit the GTN every lvl or 2 and buy all new ups so when I lvl my wallet is always light, but many like to say to not upgrade and only use the ups you get from questing. Doesn't really matter to me since you don't save too much by the way you make 50 anyways, thats when the big money is made easy with dailies.

Heysoos

ibenGTQP1PHJUV.jpg

Seriously. I think Trooper's War Hero armor is one of the best armor designs in this game BY FAR.

kmz

Neo Member
I really like the WH Trooper sets (rocking a Supercommando set for my Vanguard's PVE) except for the helmet. Just looks too weird to me. But then I almost always toggle the headpiece off anyway.

Cystm

So I'm a lvl 25 Shadow that just got onto Nar Shaada

Is there ever going to be a point when I'm not poor as crap? I'm biochem and I try to make some decent stuff but recently I've just been trying to sell the mats from bioanalysis. I had one successful sale but they seem sporadic.

For leveling - always take three gathering professions. Pick one that will supply mats for a crew skill you will level up once you've hit 50 and sell the other mats in stacks that are competitive with prices on GTN. Lower level mats will almost always sell for very little, but grade 5+ mats sell for large amounts of credits.

Biochem is not a money making profession. Cybertech is the way to go. Mods and armoring gear modifications will always have a high demand.

Redownloaded this after not playing since last January, and I'm completely lost lol. Left with about 10 missions not completed, and have no idea what I'm doing again. Guess ill just delete my low level character and start over again.

For leveling - always take three gathering professions. Pick one that will supply mats for a crew skill you will level up once you've hit 50 and sell the other mats in stacks that are competitive with prices on GTN. Lower level mats will almost always sell for very little, but grade 5+ mats sell for large amounts of credits.

Biochem is not a money making profession. Cybertech is the way to go. Mods and armoring gear modifications will always have a high demand.

You can make easy money with biochem with only implants. Make blues and purples in the range of L21 to L40 targeting rich people leveling alts. You will have to buy the L21 schems on the GTN or via drops but they sell like hotcakes. Less than 1-2k worth of mats sell all day for 10k+ purples even more.

The easiest way to make money is not to target L50's or close but to sell to people leveling alts in the the L20- L40 range. My entire empire is almost exclusively based on prototype implants from L21-L35, purple critical/power 9, 11 and 13 enhancements and later on purple L49 augments.

What I used to make-

Armstech: Some barrels(only occasionally) and L49 purple augments.
Armortech: L49 purple augments and orange sets made to order.
Synthweaving: L49 purple Augments and orange sets made to order.
Cybertech: L20-L40ish armor and mods, hard work though 4 classes, concentrate on will/strength first. High end purple spaceships parts though I imagine the new stuff on the cartel market completely destroyed this market. Some low-level earpieces.
Artiface: L21-L35ish enhancements easy money all day. Some crystals, mainly yellow and orange to differentiate myself.
Biochem: Implants, implants and more implants. Again concentrate on will and strength first.

Cystm

You can make easy money with biochem with only implants. Make blues and purples in the range of L21 to L40 targeting rich people leveling alts. You will have to buy the L21 schems on the GTN or via drops but they sell like hotcakes. Less than 1-2k worth of mats sell all day for 10k+ purples even more.

The easiest way to make money is not to target L50's or close but to sell to people leveling alts in the the L20- L40 range. My entire empire is almost exclusively based on prototype implants from L21-L35, purple critical/power 9, 11 and 13 enhancements and later on purple L49 augments.

What I used to make-

Armstech: Some barrels(only occasionally) and L49 purple augments.
Armortech: L49 purple augments and orange sets made to order.
Synthweaving: L49 purple Augments and orange sets made to order.
Cybertech: L20-L40ish armor and mods, hard work though 4 classes, concentrate on will/strength first. High end purple spaceships parts though I imagine the new stuff on the cartel market completely destroyed this market. Some low-level earpieces.
Artiface: L21-L35ish enhancements easy money all day. Some crystals, mainly yellow and orange to differentiate myself.
Biochem: Implants, implants and more implants. Again concentrate on will and strength first.

That's great that you have capitalized on that aspect of the market.

UltraMav

Sad part is when you win by ninja capping twice after the rest of your team fails to defend nodes and then get no MVP points. :(

Oh well I'll take what I can get.

Alur

Sad part is when you win by ninja capping twice after the rest of your team fails to defend nodes and then get no MVP points. :(

Oh well I'll take what I can get.

Sounds like par for the course. They need an announcer - UltraMav capped the Eastern Turret! Most of the time I don't believe half the folks in there even bother seeing who did the deed. They just count themselves lucky and move on.

UltraMav

That would be particularly helpful for Huttball as well. Maybe they don't want to encourage "unsportsman-like" behavior with people trying to one-up each other and get the credit instead of working as a team or something.

KePoW

Banned
Quick question... I last played in April/May, and have not followed any of the F2P transition info.

If I do a full re-subscription again, does that unlock 100% of content? In other words, I don't have to pay extra for any other BS?

The cartel coin things, I have no idea what they are for... are they irrelevant for subbed players?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Quick question... I last played in April/May, and have not followed any of the F2P transition info.

If I do a full re-subscription again, does that unlock 100% of content? In other words, I don't have to pay extra for any other BS?

The cartel coin things, I have no idea what they are for... are they irrelevant for subbed players?

Yep, if you resub all the content is unlocked, including stuff that F2Pers have to pay for like Section X.

Cartel Coins are useful for subbers because you can buy adaptive gear (armor that is both modifiable and scales to your maximum armor class) and various toys and fun things. A lot of people also buy Cartel packs which are basically lottery boxes that give you random items that vary in their rarity and usefulness. Some items are worth millions, many are just trash.

KePoW

Banned
Yep, if you resub all the content is unlocked, including stuff that F2Pers have to pay for like Section X.

Cartel Coins are useful for subbers because you can buy adaptive gear (armor that is both modifiable and scales to your maximum armor class) and various toys and fun things. A lot of people also buy Cartel packs which are basically lottery boxes that give you random items that vary in their rarity and usefulness. Some items are worth millions, many are just trash.

Thanks for the info.

Are the cartel coin items all unnecessary cosmetic-type stuff? If so, I guess I'd be ok with that... kinda like buying special mounts in WoW.

Are the cartel coin items all unnecessary cosmetic-type stuff? If so, I guess I'd be ok with that... kinda like buying special mounts in WoW.
No, it's throughout the game in general. As someone with a sub it's sort of nice to get the free ones because you can buy legacy perks/inventory slots/etc. without having required legacy level or in-game money.

mileS

No, it's throughout the game in general. As someone with a sub it's sort of nice to get the free ones because you can buy legacy perks/inventory slots/etc. without having required legacy level or in-game money.

oh I was under the impression you still needed the legacy level to actually use it? Like I can't go out and buy rocket boots rights now without the level no?

oh I was under the impression you still needed the legacy level to actually use it? Like I can't go out and buy rocket boots rights now without the level no?

Thought you still needed legacy levels. You just get the option to buy with cartel coins the unlocks instead of having to spend credits. But I'm higher lvl legacy than all the perks so can't really tell

UltraMav

So new space mission weeklies are bugged for everyone right? I get none on Saturday and Saturday and Sunday both pop on Sunday for me.

HBroward

Aren't they supposed to be on a 24 hour timer from when you complete them? So they don't reset at the same time as any other daily.

Edit: Sorry, reading is hard.

UltraMav

They're weekly on certain days. Like you'll get one that says "repeatable weekly on Saturday" etc, but my days don't seem to be lining up properly.

Kinyou

So did they change the F2P restrictions?

My trial month ran out and I logged in to look at the changes and saw that my characters have 4 quickbars available.

Quickbar 5 and 6 are missing but I didn't use those anyway.

daoster

My trial month ran out and I logged in to look at the changes and saw that my characters have 4 quickbars available.

If you bought the game, you're a Preferred Account so you have less onerous restrictions than a pure F2P account...

I've been home for the holidays and I must say... I wish I was playing this game

Yeah they changed the preferred account action bars from 2 to 4. They're also going to be giving them 6 character slots up from 2 as well.

Wallach

Some Imp gear sets from Makeb. I think inquisitor looks good with hat turned off or a Nihlus mask etc.

I think the Agent and Bounty Hunter sets are already in the game (Agent Campaign PvE and Bounty Hunter War Hero PvP). Not sure on the other two.

Top Bottom