• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Wallach

I meant re-colored. My bad.

Maybe the IA one is, I haven't looked. The BH set there is just plain old EWH colors (PT sets).

Pretty weird picture to release if you ask me. I feel like they're rushing the pre-order stuff to generate interest, but there's not much to it for that to happen. They don't even have a full collection of gear sets to show.

Milly79

Agent War hero:
Imperial-Agent-War-Hero-Gear.jpg

Wallach

Right, but the Elite War Hero stuff is black and white like in the image. It's definitely just EWH for both IA and BH now that I've gone back and checked. Not sure why they didn't just leave those two out of the image altogether if they don't have new items to show for them.

Milly79

I'm hoping there are new sets for those 2 classes. I'm getting tired of all the re-coloring. I want some bad ass Agent gear for once.

Cystm

Interesting survey on the Cartel Market over at Darth Hater.

Have you bought anything from the Cartel Market?
  • Yes 87%
  • No 13%

Have you bought any Cartel Coins with real money?
  • Yes 50%
  • No 50%

What kinds of items have you purchased on the Cartel Market?
  • Random Cartel Packs 80%
  • Armor 33%
  • Weapons 4%
  • Vehicles 7%
  • Color Crystals 6%
  • Legacy Unlocks (such as Rocket Boost or Ship perks) 61%
  • Life Day items 16%
  • Weekly Access Passes 1%
  • Access Unlocks (such as additional quickbars or Artifact gear access) 7%
  • Customization Unlocks (such as hide head slot or display title) 3%
  • Content Authorization (such as Section X access) 2%
  • XP Boosts 20%
  • Grade 7 Ship Parts

More at the link. 2500 people participated in this survey, with 89% of them being Subscribers.

This game needs that MMOChampion boost.

Interesting. I'm also a subscriber who has spent cartel points, all auto-granted, almost entirely on legacy perks.

Would be interested in seeing how those #s break down between subs and non-subs.

Started a Jedi Knight on Jedi Covenant earlier today (daughter wanted to customize a character), will ping someone about guild stuff soon.

Cystm

Survey depending on how truthful it is, kinda shows how stupid the weekly content passes are.

The thing is, thinking about it now, the amount of people polled are the smallest fraction of the actual player base. I don't think that we can accurately extrapolate anything beyond the few people who are even actually aware of what Darth Hater is.

I really wish this game had the same representation that WoW gets with MMO Champion. When I was playing WoW I would check that site every day. With Darth Hater, I just don't expect much - which is really too bad. I know this game and the people that play would benefit greatly from a website that brings the same level of content and information that MMO Champion brings.

ShaneB

Case in point, i have no idea what Darth Hater is. That name doesn't exactly bring about the idea of 'mass tor/mmo information hub'

Miletius

The thing is, thinking about it now, the amount of people polled are the smallest fraction of the actual player base. I don't think that we can accurately extrapolate anything beyond the few people who are even actually aware of what Darth Hater is.

I really wish this game had the same representation that WoW gets with MMO Champion. When I was playing WoW I would check that site every day. With Darth Hater, I just don't expect much - which is really too bad. I know this game and the people that play would benefit greatly from a website that brings the same level of content and information that MMO Champion brings.

It took years of WoW being a success for MMO Champ to be a thing though -- you can't really expect DH to spring up overnight to fill the void. DH is like WoW Weekly, which was it before MMO Champ was it.

Either way, I agree that the survey means about nothing since only the smallest segment of the population even checks DH.

It would be a small sampling of course and probably be just those who have been already playing the game. But I just can't see the real results being far different, everything seems in line with what I imagine would be the split.

Never see free players doing hard modes and doubt many are running around doing ops. Doesn't help that doing either of those activities is pointless without first buying the artifact gear unlock which is pretty pricey. Also the currency limits placed on f2p players further makes buying the weekly passes pointless since they can not earn enough coms for the gear they need, while the vendors also charge the f2p more for the gear, which they had to buy the artifact quality gear unlock for. Why bother raiding when that way you can not properly gear up for the raids since the hurdles pretty much stop you? You cant realistically play for free and do end game content for cheap so why would people bother? Premium players still deal with these currency caps and increased vendor prices so the whole thing about playing your way doesn't really work. Anyone who wants to take part in endgame play has to basically sub or get out, which in the long term does not sound like a good solution as free players taper off instead of progressing into the end game and helping to further grow that part of the game.

If it turns out to be true and the weekly passes are just not being bought, it would be in their best interest to just give them out to the free or at least premium players or with greatly increased limits to let them be able to participate on a semi regular basis. Would go long way to build up good will towards the game when there is so much negativity to it and how the f2p has been handled.

Vlodril

Ok i ve been back to playing for about a week with no problems. The last couple of days i get hard locks on my pc after about 15 to 30 minutes of playing. I tried google but i coulnd't find something. I tried the swtor forums but apparently non sub peasants don't get customer support since i cannot create a post or reply to a post in the forums.

Was there a new patch the last 2 days? Anyone have any idea at all at what could be wrong? I do not have the problem with any other game.

My temp is normal and there is plenty of ram and gpu speed is normal also.

Cystm

Have you tried running a repair? I haven't touched this game in awhile due to the holidays and sacrificing my wallet to Gaben.

KePoW

Banned
Ok i ve been back to playing for about a week with no problems. The last couple of days i get hard locks on my pc after about 15 to 30 minutes of playing. I tried google but i coulnd't find something. I tried the swtor forums but apparently non sub peasants don't get customer support since i cannot create a post or reply to a post in the forums.

Was there a new patch the last 2 days? Anyone have any idea at all at what could be wrong? I do not have the problem with any other game.

My temp is normal and there is plenty of ram and gpu speed is normal also.

I haven't gotten any hard locks, but I have had a couple weird instant crashes to desktop. And one time, it reset a couple of my graphics settings (but not all of them, which was weird) and I had some strange tree graphics corruption.

I did the full Repair scan, and it fixed the graphical problems.

Vlodril

I run swtor.exe from inside the retail folder but nothing is happening. The launcher works correctly. I guess i will reinstal and see what happens.

Well prices for grade 7 ship parts have tanked quite a bit since their launch, now I can actually do the new harder space missions without rage quits

KePoW

Banned
Hm how do i repair? Only option i find is in the launcher and its grey.

Run the launcher like normal, but you have to login first. Where the "Play" button is active.

Then hit the gear-icon in the bottom left of launcher, and you should be able to click Repair.

HBroward

Candy and I outpsed their top players as HEALERS. It was a wonderous game, look at how little healing she and I had to do in a Voidstar of all things. It was ridiculous. Stun bubble nerf will be sad.

I hope they let people buy RotHC with cartel coins. Seems like a huge oversight especially when you can purchase Section X using coins.

They probably know lot of subscribers have a ton of saved up cartel coins and they rather get them to pay for the expansion rather than use up their saved coins. Lot of my guildies have tons of saved coins waiting for "something good" to be added to the cartel shop. Many expected to be able to use their coins for it. So yea they are just trying to squeeze more money out of subscribers.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just mention dual specs. Just once? No? Ok. :(

I imagine that inclusion of the legacy perk to respec anywhere allows the devs to feel like that issue isn't terribly pertinent, but yeah. It's still a pain in the ass to have to fill out the tree and fix your hotbars every time you swap specs, and is enough of a deterrent (after being spoiled by wow) to make me not swap to heal spec on my merc unless I absolutely have to despite the fact that I like the playstyle well enough.

HBroward

Field respec + sub = dual spec

Working as intended

But not to my intentions, just their misguided ones. As the previous poster said, it's the juggling of abilities on my bars that is the bigger issue. Uhh, it sucks just thinking about it. I mean, on my sorc it isn't even an issue, my sniper however is completely a pain in the ass to change up, as a ton of my abilities are on my cover bar that I need access to on the fly in the more mobile specs.

HBroward

Eh, there are a bunch of things you can only do in cover, so it lets me have more useful things on my bar for other times. I have a bunch of the same abilities in bar 1 and the cover bar that replaces it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Welp quit WoW so I decided to resub for a month for some fresh videogame air and to get all my cartel coins before that promotion expires lol. Getting pvp gear still a crazy grind?

Milly79

Welp quit WoW so I decided to resub for a month for some fresh videogame air and to get all my cartel coins before that promotion expires lol. Getting pvp gear still a crazy grind?

War Hero, no. It replaced BM and you can have it within a few days. Elite War Hero now replaces WH, so yes that is a grind.

UltraMav

I think we still need a buff for PvE, mostly in energy management, if only to allow the class to not be excluded from Ops on principle, but I do fine in PvP now that I've caught up a bit gear wise. Any buffs would definitely be welcomed of course. I'm hoping all that class feedback they collected was not ignored and will be put into action with the level cap increase.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think we still need a buff for PvE, mostly in energy management, if only to allow the class to not be excluded from Ops on principle, but I do fine in PvP now that I've caught up a bit gear wise. Any buffs would definitely be welcomed of course. I'm hoping all that class feedback they collected was not ignored and will be put into action with the level cap increase.

Can we still 3 shot people in PvP?

I miss hidden strike ---> vanish ---> hidden strike.

Top Bottom