• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

UltraMav

Yeah one of each. I saved JK for last as its the most significant (although not most well written) story IMO. Guardian DPS is super fun, I'm glad I'm ending on a positive note. :)

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yeah one of each. I saved JK for last as its the most significant (although not most well written) story IMO. Guardian DPS is super fun, I'm glad I'm ending on a positive note. :)

Is it? My 45 is a tank spec Guardian and going from my slinger to him is painful because he takes 20 mins to kill anything. I never play tanks in MMOs but I wanted to try for a change. I'm so used to being DPS. Maybe I'll try respeccing him.

Draxal

I hope they put EC on the lfg tool soon, never got to finish it and not enough active raiders left in our guild :(

They'll have to nerf it a bit for that to happen and since it drops rakata, I don't think that will happen.

Is it? My 45 is a tank spec Guardian and going from my slinger to him is painful because he takes 20 mins to kill anything. I never play tanks in MMOs but I wanted to try for a change. I'm so used to being DPS. Maybe I'll try respeccing him.

Charge classes are pretty fun in general (ping ponging between mobs is fun), and it's not as nearly as complex as sentinel/marauder, I did have fun with mine.

Cystm

They'll have to nerf it a bit for that to happen and since it drops rakata, I don't think that will happen.

Charge classes are pretty fun in general (ping ponging between mobs is fun), and it's not as nearly as complex as sentinel/marauder, I did have fun with mine.

Objection!
:(

UltraMav

Nothing more satisfying than force leaping in, killing, force pushing and force leaping to your next target while proccing multiple Master Strikes in the process. I would definitely give one of the DPS specs a try.

mileS

What happens if you sub, start a Chiss character (a race that is locked from F2P users) and let your sub expire? Could I keep playing my Chiss agent after that? Not sure how this works. Anyone know?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What happens if you sub, start a Chiss character (a race that is locked from F2P users) and let your sub expire? Could I keep playing my Chiss agent after that? Not sure how this works. Anyone know?

You can keep playing him.

You can keep playing him. I still have a Sith Pureblood and Chiss that I can still play. Plus I also made another Chiss Agent before my sub was up on Harbinger. I can still play that as well now that I'm Preferred.

Alur

Finally hit 50 on my scoundrel earlier today. All WH already minus weapons, thanks to my sorc. Feels good to have some balance back in my PVP win/loss ratio, lol.

HBroward

You post that pic and not the one of the 15k sniper we took into HM TFB 30 minutes after he hit 50????

Finally hit 50 on my scoundrel earlier today. All WH already minus weapons, thanks to my sorc. Feels good to have some balance back in my PVP win/loss ratio, lol.

Gonna need to get some games in with you!

Milly79

I'd say it's more of a feat to be at least 6~ levels off of a planet and to be that deep into it...

It's not hard to get 5k more hp over the course of a day or two.

HBroward

I'd say it's more of a feat to be at least 6~ levels off of a planet and to be that deep into it...

It's not hard to get 5k more hp over the course of a day or two.

Lol, he had like 1750 cunning, I'd say it was a great accomplishment, if only by the other 3 dps we had! And YOU try healing someone with 15k health in HM TFB haha. Spoiler, it wasn't easy. :) Proof being the times he was one shot by mechanics!

After spending so much time doing pvp with my sniper and loving it, going back to my tank jug in pvp.... ugh. Can't kill anything and feel useless outside of Huttball

Cystm

After spending so much time doing pvp with my sniper and loving it, going back to my tank jug in pvp.... ugh. Can't kill anything and feel useless outside of Huttball

Totally different story for me. Dump on everything with my Knight. My Smug would be up there, but is a fresh 50 so he gets trounced with almost no effort required. I can kite for days, but my damage output is almost non existent. That's with WH mh and oh.

I wish I would've waited until this patch to hit 50 on him. Shame, because I love that class, but the gear grind is just not appealing because of the gear gap.

Maybe I'll check out Dirty Fighting as Yooni suggested at some point, but I am enjoying my Jugg so much that I would just rather do that for now.

Editing this in here:

I made a quick video on my Assassin. Just a 3min video of me playing some Huttball. Mix of BH gear because my WH set is all tank and I hardly ever play this character anymore.

Alur

Gonna need to get some games in with you!

That'd be sweet! It's already like night and day PVPing on pub side. I'm 200 comms from full war hero again, but I have no money to get kits or augments lol.

Surprisingly (to me at least) a lot of the games are pubs vs pubs, kind of like how it was always imp vs imp a lot of the time on Keller's Void. I've noticed my imp guild VeT went from 4 and 5 pvp groups a night when I joined a month ago to 2 if they are lucky. It's kinda sad, and I'm a contributor to the exodus this time =/.

Totally different story for me. Dump on everything with my Knight. My Smug would be up there, but is a fresh 50 so he gets trounced with almost no effort required. I can kite for days, but my damage output is almost non existent. That's with WH mh and oh.

I wish I would've waited until this patch to hit 50 on him. Shame, because I love that class, but the gear grind is just not appealing because of the gear gap.

Maybe I'll check out Dirty Fighting as Yooni suggested at some point, but I am enjoying my Jugg so much that I would just rather do that for now.

Tank spec though?

daoster

Yay! I'm taking a break from my Jedi Knight and Consular alts and FINALLY levelling my Empire Alt (Bounty Hunter), and I'm almost to the point where I can FINALLY experience the Empire-only Flashpoints...

I can only stand to do Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Hammer Station, and Cademimu so many times throughout all my damn characters.

Cystm

Tank spec though?

Oh, well, then yeah - tank spec should feel like it takes forever to kill something.

You can stack vindicator gear to marginally increase damage throughput.

I'm on my phone away from a pc, so I can't link a spec that should work better for you just yet, but I will later.

Heysoos

Man. I don't know what to do with my Shadow. I really don't like Balance on my Shadow. Which is weird, because I quite enjoyed it on my Sage, but not on my Shadow.

Tarazet

Man. I don't know what to do with my Shadow. I really don't like Balance on my Shadow. Which is weird, because I quite enjoyed it on my Sage, but not on my Shadow.

Balance doesn't work well for Shadows. You can do a lot of numbers, but it's pressure damage so you don't feel powerful, especially since you're a squishy melee. Most folks run a tank hybrid so they get the survivability and utility but can still hit decently hard.

daoster

Only 500 cartel coins to dual spec! And another 500 to fast travel!

so, there's another patch going up tomorrow morning? I thought they were gonna take a holiday? Wonder what's gonna be on it...

Cystm

Only 500 cartel coins to dual spec! And another 500 to fast travel!

so, there's another patch going up tomorrow morning? I thought they were gonna take a holiday? Wonder what's gonna be on it...

Bug/exploit fixes. Hopefully some optimizations. I do not expect any content at all.

Alur

They are supposed to be putting items on the market each week, so we'll probably see another recolored set of something. I want the imperial trooper armor on my scoundrel, dammit.

HBroward

I'm wearing the Phantom helmet color matched to my CE trooper gear on my sniper Alur, it looks really nice, I'm glad it works with color match.

Alur

I ran into three bubble specced sorcs earlier.. I can see why they're nerfing them. :lol

Yeah I can see the nerf, I just can't see destroying it completely. Nerf the resolve issues and the problem goes mostly away, or nerf the stun so it breaks on damage...hell, do both if you have to. But making it caster only makes it a lot less desirable.

That's why I'm pvping on my scoundrel now! Finally got fully WH'd and augmented...EWH here I come. I feel cheap as hell after all that work on my sorc for weeks to get WH back before rated...and I did it in 2 days. Can't complain though, feels good man.

Cystm

Added this to the OP, sorry I missed it.

ixcmqaWnfIw0T.png

So the Makeb expansion is officially announced, sorta: http://www.swtor.com/rothc?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-hp-013

The non subscriber price is pretty high. Hope there is more to this "expansion" that is to be revealed. Can't use cartel coins to buy it, damnit they probably knew subscribes would just save up their monthly allowance for it. Lame

Do we know if the story continuation has a separate story for each class, or is it only a single "planet" story for all classes?

daoster

Do we know if the story continuation has a separate story for each class, or is it only a single "planet" story for all classes?

I mean from reading some of the interviews, it seems like it's a single planet story...with them referring to you and some of your actions....like, "Oh, it's you Smuggler,
King of the Underworld
, we need your help!!"

That's probably how they're going to "personalize" each experience...=\

Though who knows, hopefully, it'll be better than that.

wasnt Makeb a planet for a content patch along with cat people? I thought we would get story continuation thorugh patches as well. dammit. this should have been free. not enough investment on their part.

I mean from reading some of the interviews, it seems like it's a single planet story...with them referring to you and some of your actions....like, "Oh, it's you Smuggler,
King of the Underworld
, we need your help!!"

That's probably how they're going to "personalize" each experience...=\

Though who knows, hopefully, it'll be better than that.

fuck. I remember getting flamed to bits 3 years ago for voicing the post-launch story progression content, due to cost.

I hate when I am right. I hope they will give give real answers, not excuses, me honest with their playerbase and find some other path or way that makes it still be each person own story.

wasnt Makeb a planet for a content patch along with cat people? I thought we would get story continuation thorugh patches as well. dammit. this should have been free. not enough investment on their part.

Cathar is a separate release, was never tied to Makeb, they were just revealed at the same time along with a bunch of other content that's already been released this year. We still have no major details on what this "expansion" is going to include outside of the 5 extra levels. Hopefully it includes some new flashpoints or other content to make it seem more worthwhile.

They been talking of possibly selling Makeb stuff few months ago, really hoped it would be free to subscribers and make it paid content for free players. Or at least let players buy the expansion with cartel coins so subscribers could use their monthly allowance savings on it.

HBroward

So subscribers still have to pay $10 for new content. Yeah.... don't think I am a fan of the new model. Does someone have the job title of "I fuck up the game"? They seem to be actively seeking negative press attention at this point. Dammit, I like this game, don't turn me negative on it Bioware. And they didn't even fix the Holostatue exploit. Sigh.

Alur

The non subscriber price is pretty high.

I dunno, 20 bucks for an expansion is pretty cheap compared to WoW at least, but...

BattleMonkey said:
Hope there is more to this "expansion" that is to be revealed. Can't use cartel coins to buy it, damnit they probably knew subscribes would just save up their monthly allowance for it. Lame

...WoW expansions definitely had a lot more in them. This thing needs to come with the planet, a new raid, a new WZ, and new space stuff at the minimum. Otherwise it's not an expansion and needs to be called some kind of "upgrade". And if the planet and level cap is all there is, then yeah $10 and $20 is a bit pricey.

I also think I'm the only person not excited about the level cap increase.

EDIT:

HBroward said:
So subscribers still have to pay $10 for new content. Yeah.... don't think I am a fan of the new model. Does someone have the job title of "I fuck up the game"?

Yeah, I think there is someone that works there. On the other hand...not to be a wanker, but folks like myself and you who bought a buncha cartel packs shouldn't really complain about a $10 expansion of shit that's actually usable versus what we actually got in those packs :p.

So subscribers still have to pay $10 for new content. Yeah.... don't think I am a fan of the new model. Does someone have the job title of "I fuck up the game"? They seem to be actively seeking negative press attention at this point.

Yeah not a big fan of this. If the expansion does have more content like they say they will unveil in the coming months then I won't mind throwing some money at them.

Alur

Oh, you! You've spent way more than $10 on cosmetic rng!

LOL! You beat my stealth edit saying the same thing. Trevin and I definitely can't complain about the price, IMO. Him more than me, I just bought a couple...really, only a few!

EDIT:

BTW, finally they add the jedi dude from the splash screen's outfit and Malgus' outfit to the cartel market. At least one of my alts will be thrilled.

I dunno, 20 bucks for an expansion is pretty cheap compared to WoW at least, but...

...WoW expansions definitely had a lot more in them. This thing needs to come with the planet, a new raid, a new WZ, and new space stuff at the minimum. Otherwise it's not an expansion and needs to be called some kind of "upgrade". And if the planet and level cap is all there is, then yeah $10 and $20 is a bit pricey.

I also think I'm the only person not excited about the level cap increase.

Lvl cap increase raises so many issues with whats going to happen with endgame. It also pretty much forces everyone to buy it if they are going to play from now on future content probably even if it's free new content updates.

This is more like a content pack like DCUO that they do for $10, but they also usually have a mix of content in those. There was some data mined about what looked like a new raid related to this, so perhaps the new raid will be part of this expansion. But we should be seeing some new Flashpoints soon, we've gotten like two of everything else so far.

Top Bottom