• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
valenti said:
Dopey SCV rushing a terran is probably the dumbest thing on earth :lol More viable on protoss.
yeah, and keep enough minerals on hand so that SCVs on the backline can repair the ones in front :D

ezrarh

Hey guys, I just got my beta recently thanks to procarbine. Feel free to add me if you're looking for someone to play online. I'm currently in a copper league but it's because I kinda messed up my placement matches due to a few dc's and me sucking at defending against cheese. I'm around silver level skill.

edit: user id is ezrarh.thach

So apparently I just discovered that you can make "conversations" which are basically chatrooms, and you can invite anyone. No one knew about this. Mind blown.

2mzmykz.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
FromTheFuture said:
So apparently I just discovered that you can make "conversations" which are basically chatrooms, and you can invite anyone. No one knew about this. Mind blown.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mzmykz.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
is the chat room persistent? like, if no one is online can i still join it and just idle in there until other people come online?

Scrow said:
is the chat room persistent? like, if no one is online can i still join it and just idle in there until other people come online?
Nah, I don't think so. People come in on invite basis only. But there seems to be unlimited room atleast. We've got ~15 GAFfers in the one i just made, organizing a tourny.

FromTheFuture said:

Prettypicture.jpg

oooo ahhhh

color me extremely jealous of all those names.

a176

Banned
Scrow said:
you can chrono boost a warp gate? i thought that only worked on gateways?

You can reduce the cooldown by using crono boost. Though, if you're protoss and you find yourself having to cronoboost warpgates ... chances are you're not going to win the game. (with the exception of late game and not having anything else to spend crono on)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
sorry guys, you're probably getting the feeling that i'm avoiding you, heh. everytime i get invited to something i have to decline cause my lunch break is about to end. :(

unfortunately it's the best time for me to play, since at home i'm busy with other stuff and when i finally do get to play a game at home, none of you are online :(

still... probably for the best to save myself the embarrasment. :p

fanboi said:
When someone send you an message (not the enemy player but another one) how do you respond?
I assume you mean while you're in game? You can type /r <msg> to reply to the last person who sent you a message, regardless of whether or not they're on your friends list.

Zzoram

Is it just me, or if you go random vs a chosen race, you almost always end up in a mirror matchup?

What's are good mirror match strategies? I never know what to do.

ggs NeoGAF.

We just had our first 2v2 impromptu tourney.

That was so much fun.

1st Place: DeltronZero (aznpxdd) & PezRadar (Turtlesnatcher)
2nd Place: Milabrega & Pandaman
3rd Place: Zealous & Terproerg

Who is Terp on GAF?

Good games guys!

Trasher

OK...so here it goes.

THE FIRST EVER SC2 2v2 GAF TOURNY:

--First round--

Game1: Panda/Mila vs ProCarbine/Ezrarh Panda/Mila Advance to second round

Game2: Zealous/Terp vs Arma/Moofaa Zealous/Terp Advance to second round

Game3: Walrus/Hobart vs VertigoII/Trasher VertigoII/Trasher Advance to second round

Game4: Deltron/PezRadar BYE (they end up playing the winner of the first two teams that lost*)

--Losers Bracket: Winner plays Deltron/PezRadar in second round*--

Game1: ProCarbine/Ezrarh vs Arma/Moofaa Arma/Moofaa Advance to play Deltron/PezRadar in second round

--Second Round--

Game1: Panda/Mila vs Zealous/Terp Panda/Mila Advance to final round

Game2: VertigoII/Trasher vs Deltron/PezRadar Deltron/PezRadar Advance to final round

--Third Place Game--

Zealous/Terp vs VertigoII/Trasher Zealous/Terp Win 3rd place

--Final Round--

Panda/Mila vs Deltron/PezRadar Deltron/PezRadar 2v2 GAF Champions

Milabrega

Here is an MSPaint version of our bracket done real quick before I go to sleep:

bezic7.jpg

Since we lost some people, and some people were just spectator only the two losers of the first two round 1 games played to see who would fill the 8th seed. Red lines = winners who advanced, Blue/Green losers

After FromTheFuture discovered the chat room, it took forever to set up, forever inbetween games, and we lost people due to boredom, disconnects, and forgetting but we finished. Was a lot of fun.

Congrats Aznpxdd/TurtleSnatcher for winning (Pezradar and deltronzero on bnet).

Moofaa/Armageddon Vs. Procarbine/ezrarh is easily the best match in the whole set, and should be in Zealous' pack so watch it if you were the people in the other game lobby watching the canon rush game that went on at the same time.

So what did we learn from this tourney?

Speedlings are really fucking good. So are Ghost's snipe and Deltron's micro.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, so I wanna go ahead and start organizing for the 1v1 tournament.

Go ahead and post if you wish to participate, and I'll put together the list. Once we figure out how many people want to join, we can iron out the details.

Trasher

Count me in.

lol @ your MSpaint graph. So confusing! :lol

I'm just happy we were able to actually finish it. Means there should be much more organized and better ones in the future.

ZealousD

1v1 List so far:

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Milabrega (Milabrega.mila)
Trasher (trasher.trasher)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
FromTheFuture (Alumus.mosaic)
-COOLIO- (???)

-COOLIO- said:
i'll participate :D

What's your SC2 id?

Trasher

Milabrega said:
Moofaa/Armageddon Vs. Procarbine/ezrarh is easily the best match in the whole set, and should be in Zealous' pack so watch it if you were the people in the other game lobby watching the canon rush game that went on at the same time.
The cannon rush game was actually a pretty good one as well. Was quite close almost all the way to the end. Each team lost a teammate fairly close to the same time I believe. Then again I was playing in the game so I wasn't able to see everything you guys did. Maybe it actually sucked I dunno. :lol

ZealousD

Okay, the 2 matches NOT in my pack are

PezRadar DeltronZero vs Armageddon Moofa
and
Trasher Vertigoll vs Hobart AbortedWalrus

Anybody have these replays?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sorry for bailing, computer froze and then I had business to take care of.

ZealousD

ZealousD said:
1v1 List so far:

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Milabrega (Milabrega.mila)
Trasher (trasher.trasher)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
FromTheFuture (Alumus.mosaic)
-COOLIO- (???)
Wedge7 (wedge.ncn)
TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.pezradar)