• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Ice Monkey said:
this is kinda what i was wondering about. I looked into the relative risks involved with sharing your account and it seems rather straightforward, you can change the password if you know it beforehand but not the email unless you know the security question so I feel as if trust is a non issue as I made fake info for the account I made.

Anyone know anything else about this?

I know I'm no more deserving then anyone else who wants it..... But I wouldn't mind being one of the ones being considered. I've been checking daily since the first announcements of beta, opted in day one, played a few rounds of the SC1 in the beginning when everyone else was also waiting for a key, and continue to watch replays, and play the computer daily to hone my skills so I won't get destroyed by the beta folks when the game actually comes out lol. And if need be, I am totally willing to only play certain times...

<3 from a die hard fan :D

i'll keep ya in mind but i may have to go with some of the sc1 guys i played with though out of respect for the sc1 gaf games, still not sure whether having shifts would work at all since it may result in fisticuffs :-/

Still waiting on any information anyone has about whether or not there's any risk with account sharing that you could lose the account, I'd only do it if I had a failsafe and I believe there is with the security question.

Pandaman said:
all eyes were on that MM ball and then it... went away.

Haha.. Yea.. Then I just said f it and went right into the front door with your mutas..

We took out both armies including mech units and a bunch of buildings (I think we got mainly the extensions on buildings like tech labs and reactors.. but it was still funny.

Then I chased a bunch of SCVs from the main mining area to the natural expansion on the ramp with my banelings and blew up a ton :p

fanboi

Banned
Yes!

Succeeded in my first DT rush, and then I got gayed (meaning the one that I rushed called me gay... but I said I wasn't interested).

Akim

Banned
I don't really know how to play. I was never big on starcraft, mostly played wc3. This seems to be really mineral based and it is kinda overwhelming. Really don't know how to learn, just get stomped every time.

Apath

fanboi said:
Yes!

Succeeded in my first DT rush, and then I got gayed (meaning the one that I rushed called me gay... but I said I wasn't interested).
:lol B.net never changes, no matter the game.

Ashhong

woooo won my first game that i didnt rush in :lol

held off an attack on my base with my last carrier, and then got a mothership, a grip of carriers, and waited for him to attack my base. he could see shit so i wiped his units out then took out his base. so gooooood

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ashhong said:
woooo won my first game that i didnt rush in :lol

held off an attack on my base with my last carrier, and then got a mothership, a grip of carriers, and waited for him to attack my base. he could see shit so i wiped his units out then took out his base. so gooooood
Well carriers are cheating so...

Apath

Louminater said:
this thread is making me so fucking jealous

lol I'm not gonna open this thread again until I'm in, if ever.
I keep saying the same thing to myself... but we all come back eventually.

fanboi

Banned
This is beta... and 4-5 months away from release maybe? And it is very polished already.

What if other developers did the same...

Sloegr

fanboi said:
This is beta... and 4-5 months away from release maybe? And it is very polished already.

List Master! Is the beta everything you hoped it'd be? :D

Sh1ner

I have watched all of HDs/Husky's replays and sometimes the loser types "blah blah is so op"

what does that mean?

Also regarding invites, is it friends only invites going out or are Bliz still sending out keys to the ones who have opt-in in each wave?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sh1ner said:
I have watched all of HDs/Husky's replays and sometimes the loser types "blah blah is so op"

what does that mean?

Also regarding invites, is it friends only invites going out or are Bliz still sending out keys to the ones who have opt-in in each wave?
I heard that it is the friends who got invited who are getting invites. I haven't gotten a second friend invite yet. Anyone confirm?

Also "_______ is op" is just a certain unit is overpowered.

Complaints:
Brood Lords, Collosi in large numbers with stalkers, carriers?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
fanboi said:

blizzard are.... a special case. seriously. few develops enjoy their luxuries... the thing is developers like them have worked hard and EARNED those luxuries.

i put blizzard and valve in the same basket in that regard.

Sh1ner said:
I have watched all of HDs/Husky's replays(...)
For anyone interested in good games, a lota theorycraft, higher level insight, and just geeky/funny starcraft insight into things you should really check out
Day[9].tv

He's pretty hilarious too.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ice Monkey said:
i'll keep ya in mind but i may have to go with some of the sc1 guys i played with though out of respect for the sc1 gaf games, still not sure whether having shifts would work at all since it may result in fisticuffs :-/

You know, there is a whole thread containing a list of over a hundred GAF members who are just dying to get into the beta:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390520

So if anyone finds themselves with a spare key and are wondering what to do with it, just keep your fellow GAF members in mind who have not been so fortunate to get into the beta so far. I'm #41 so I doubt I have any chance of getting a key this way, but remz has been at the top of the list for a long time now.

Cheeto

I won a PZZZ FAA match last night as the lone protoss, which was pretty wild... A lot of roach rush was countered by my immortals and then I massed phoenix, sentry, and stalkers to take care of their hydra/muta switch. Haz can tell ya, I'm not a great player, but it was still very satisfying.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i've got to be... like, the worst SC2 player around right now.

3-4 matches lost in a row tonight. i just can't ward off the rushes. i'm too slow or something... by the time i have 3 zealots out my opponent might have 10 marines or 16 zerglings marching across the map to end me.

how do you play early game for protoss well?

Cheeto

Scrow said:

3-4 matches lost in a row tonight. i just can't ward off the rushes. i'm too slow or something... by the time i have 3 zealots out my opponent might have 10 marines or 16 zerglings marching across the map to end me.

I usually get a second gateway after I start building my Cyber-Core, if I'm playing someone I think might be aggressive early... but usually FFA matches tend to be a lot of turtling

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Cheeto said:
I usually get a second gateway after I start building my Cyber-Core, if I'm playing someone I think might be aggressive early... but usually FFA matches tend to be a lot of turtling
FFA? i'm talking about 1v1.

Corum

Scrow said:

With Protoss, who are slightly slower at getting units out than the other races at the start, it's more about utilizing the units, you have got, efficiently. You probably know all this, but if not, make sure you've got an effective choke point, typically using a pylon and warp gate at the top of the ramp, and funnel them so that 16 zerglings actually turn into waves of 3 or 4 zerglings which you're zealots can cut through.

From the replay's I've watched, many players have used a probe as an additional defense unit, as it acts as a shield or buffer for zealots especially against Terran.

Get a probe on a watchtower so you can see when the opponent is making the push so it gives you to time to chrono-boost your warp gates for some additional units if you're a bit low.

Cheeto

Scrow said:
FFA? i'm talking about 1v1.
Well the same still applies, Get zealots early and once you have a few throw a cannon or two up at the entrance for extra support... and remember it doesn't hurt to send an early scout to see what kind of forces they are massing.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
GGs last night all, demi and I had that one which I almost bullshitted out, next time we will, I want a rematch Mila and Panda! :p

Procarbine said:
GGs last night all, demi and I had that one which I almost bullshitted out, next time we will, I want a rematch Mila and Panda! :p
That was awesome

I loved how you were like "Playing blindly w/o resources is fun"

:lol

V_Arnold

Orangepeel said:
For anyone interested in good games, a lota theorycraft, higher level insight, and just geeky/funny starcraft insight into things you should really check out
Day[9].tv

Oh my god, this is exactly what I wanted to check out for learning the basics and the thinking game behind matches.....thanks, will watch this nonstop o_o

Procarbine said:
It was funny when Mil started using the Factory into opponent's natural expansion tactic we discussed yesterday.

Sh1ner

Orangepeel said:
Day[9].tv

I must be doing this wrong, I have clicked on the link and the starcraft 2 vids, so far I have tried watching 3 vids and I got:
Some dude giving me a backlog of his cast and how awesome it is for 2 minutes
How awesome his buddy is cause hes casting his buddy for 3 minutes
Backlog on How awesome his audience is and how he screwed up by casting for 5 minutes without a stream for a minute and then the stream froze with his mouth fully open and his pupils looking directly up :|

I want to see starcraft 2 and his commenting on the game DAMMIT, anything else is torture!

aznpxdd

Yeah...don't really like those streams. The one I saw pretty much had the commentator going "yeah, I just got out of school and I've been partying it up" and shit.

Trasher

Finally got my own copy of Windows 7 for my Macbook. I should be on a LOT more now since I don't have to use my roommate's computer. :lol

aznpxdd said:
Yeah...don't really like those streams. The one I saw pretty much had the commentator going "yeah, I just got out of school and I've been partying it up" and shit.
You mean HDStarcraft?

His arent bad..

But yea I agree.. I hate how they ask for donations and then thank people in the game..

All they did was upload a video to youtube.. who the hell is fricken donating?!

Trasher

TurtleSnatcher said:
You mean HDStarcraft?

His arent bad..

But yea I agree.. I hate how they ask for donations and then thank people in the game..

All they did was upload a video to youtube.. who the hell is fricken donating?!
I've never understood this either. There are some weird people that will do anything to get attention and have their name said in a Youtube video about Starcraft. :lol

I generally enjoy HD's and Husky's videos though. Not so much that I would donate money!

hobart

Looking for a noobish 2s player. Also someone to run builds with in a non-competitive environment. Really looking to get hotkeys down... and my timing... etc. Can't really do that without TONS of losses (personally).

Lemme know.

hobart.hobartaj

Cheeto

hobart said:
Looking for a noobish 2s player. Also someone to run builds with in a non-competitive environment. Really looking to get hotkeys down... and my timing... etc. Can't really do that without TONS of losses (personally).

Lemme know.

hobart.hobartaj
add me hobart, name is cheeto.cheetobandit

nilbog21

Banned
quick question: can you get matched up with people from different leagues?

I hope that plat members only get matched up w/ other plats ;[

Milabrega

Yes, current matchmaking is designed to find the quickest match and not to match by league. So in platinum you can be facing people as low as silver I believe.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Milabrega said:
Yes, current matchmaking is designed to find the quickest match and not to match by league. So in platinum you can be facing people as low as silver I believe.

Well it first looks within your division, then your league, then other leagues. It's not like it's totally random which league your opponent comes from.

Top Bottom