• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

** PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS ** - Old drivers can cause significant issues in StarCraft II. Please ensure your video card drivers are up-to-date.

StarCraft II Public Beta - Known Issues

This is a listing of some of the known issues that we expect some players may experience while playing in the Public Beta, please keep in mind that this list is not complete.

The latest patch notes can always be found at:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

General Issues:

• The Intel Core i7 processor occasionally runs StarCraft II slower than usual.
• ATI x1800/x1900 cards display black box shadows with Medium lighting. - Try lowering your graphics settings to temporarily resolve this issue.
• Some objects are visible through the fog of war on low graphics settings.
• The mouse cursor is not always confined to the game window when running windowed fullscreen mode with dual monitors.
• StarCraft II microphone settings are overwriting Windows' microphone settings.
• Unsupported aspect ratios can become available when using a portrait style monitor.
• Some letters are being cut off in the message log at certain resolutions.
• The game can close when switching to another program shortly after starting StarCraft II. - If you experience this issue please try updating your systems drivers.
• Samsung 2253LW monitors experience an issue with the 1600x1200 resolution not stretching properly to fit the screen.
• Resolution issues can occur when rapidly changing between display modes. - Changing display modes can correct the issue.

Paged Pool Memory:

Players may experience a drop of performance or odd graphical issues after playing for long periods of time. Usually when this occurs a message will appear mentioning the players page pool memory. If you receive the overlay messages informing you of the problem you can try to lower your graphic settings and restarting your client/machine, or increasing the system’s memory. Also ensure your drivers are up to date and all OS updates have been applied.
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23279958079

Wedge7

Its pretty much 'confirmed' now, but just in case those were still thinking maybe fake, its being confirmed by much of the community in fansites etc.

Bear in mind its just the 'client' dl, but still, exciting shit.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=112596&currentpage=All

Oh yea, for those lamenting the lack of email, a common theme seems to be said by many

"I should mention that I have recieved NO e-mail from Blizzard about the beta, I only checked my bnet account and saw that it was available for download. CHECK YOUR BNET ACCOUNTS PEOPLE."

So dont get initially discouraged.

Akia

In a perfect world, we would have a thread for beta testers to post impressions and another thread for everyone who's waiting.

RPGCrazied

I paid 40dollars for the blizzcon 09.. gimme key!

LOL, oh well.. They did say that the streamers an ppvers would get a better shot.

Akia

If you got in then prove it with a screen cap of you downloading with this thread open.

We don't need a bunch of fake "OMG I GOT IN" posts to make people F5 their e-mails any harder.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TurtleSnatcher said:
OMFG..

I CAN DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT..
casualty-care_clip_image004.jpg

DAMN YOU

Any EU players getting in?

Oh and please post your specs if you've been invited. Maybe there's still time to change profiles between waves.

/hype

RPGCrazied

plus the game has been in development for so long, we've seen pretty much most of what it has to offer.. cept single player campaign.

Vitet

OMG I CAN DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT TOO

And it comes in seven languages! (maybe it's only the downloader)
Windows
English (EU) Descargar
Deutsch Descargar
Français Descargar
Español (EU) Descargar
Русский Descargar
Italiano Descargar
Polski

It's 1,63GB

EDIT: I'm EU / Spain

I bought your games since Warcraft I and chain sold them to my friends and this is how you repay me Blizzard :(.

Oh well, I still love you.

Vitet

My specs because someone asked:
Especificaciones de mi sistema:
SISTEMA OPERATIVO:WINDOWS 2.6.0.6001 (SP 1)
CPU:INTEL(R) CORE(TM)2 DUO CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHZ
VELOCIDAD DE LA CPU (GHZ):3,017
MEMORIA DEL SISTEMA (GB):3,997
MODELO DE TARJETA GRÁFICA:NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 ULTRA
CONTR. DE TARJETA GRÁFICA:NVD3DUM.DLL
RESOLUCIÓN DE PANTALLA:1280X1024
TAMAÑO DE DISCO DURO (GB):97,656
ESPACIO LIBRE DE HD (GB):15,085

Milabrega

I feel like a kid on Christmas, I don't want to open my battle.net account encase I get a sweater, but man will I be happy if I get in.

Belfast

Man, they need to be sending out keys already. Once again, seems like anyone who has obtained access (that was not a random opt-in) can't download it yet.

I should be getting a key, but it's making me crazy nervous!

oompa

Yeah I didn't get any email either but the client is available in my Bnet account so check there if you haven't.

Lothars

I didn't get in but I am happy to see the Beta starting which hopefully says that the game will be out this summer or so :)

I can't wait.

Top Bottom