• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

*eagerly crosses fingers that integrated graphics laptop somehow is accepted into beta*

Oh god, if a game would ever make me actually build a cheap desktop it's freaking starcraft 2

Apath

God damn I'm hyped for something that I have no choice of taking part in. A good consolation prize will be the flood of HD matches on youtube.

Wedge7

Its close..

Man, its finally happening...

Seeing the actual US beta forums, the placeholder threads created, any day now.

Apath

TheExodu5 said:
I've seen more convincing evidence on a piece of toast.

I'm just being skeptical for the hell of it. :)
No really, doing anything else is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/28462-Eve_of_the_Beta_Release

SK Gaming said:
Testimonies are also coming in that people are receiving the first wave of emails for the confirmed beta release. It cannot be verified for the validity of these claims, as there are several active Battle.net forum posters who make false claims every day. However, this would coincide with the latest developments pointing to an imminent release for the StarCraft II beta. Predictions indicate to the first wave of the beta testing phase beginning either tomorrow or Thursday, (Pacific time). Those posters who claim to have received confirmation emails seem unanimously adament about the concept of the beta beginning on Thursday.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
JonAmikar said:
bsbqpgsingle.jpg

might as well ask this here... Why can't I login on the SC/SCII forums on battle.net? I use the battle.net email address and password plus the CD Key that I have for starcraft.. I always get a login error.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Louminater said:
might as well ask this here... Why can't I login on the SC/SCII forums on battle.net? I use the battle.net email address and password plus the CD Key that I have for starcraft.. I always get a login error.
it wants a StarCraft TWO license, not SC1.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mmm, so the record replay tool will be active for the beta?

i guess they wont be expecting people to be tight lipped about the game.

Sloegr

Pandaman said:
mmm, so the record replay tool will be active for the beta?

i guess they wont be expecting people to be tight lipped about the game.

In the Italian forum Q&A, they said that there would be no NDA. So hopefully people won't be tight lipped at all about it :D

Wedge7

That nerf roach quote is probably just a test post by blues. Heh, still funny to see all the comments on other forums "HOW DID THAT GUY GET ON ALREADY!"

Majine

Banned
hrrmmm, shouldn't the first wave of invites begin soon then?

Or maybe it has, and Starcraft-Gaf is real unlucky.

Anksta

I think the SC2 Beta is going to be launched in the next 12 hours. Whether I'll have access to it in the next 12 hours is another thing altogether!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ThatGuy said:
Is there already a SC2 GAF Beta matchup thread?
Can't wait to see you there.
whoever gets into the beta might want to make a thread in the online forum.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DieH@rd said:
We also need one section for EuroGAFers :)
what? why?

geez, this is starcraft, don't you guys remember the good old days of playing cross continent on a 56k line?

PC master race is so spoiled if they worry about a few frames delay in an RTS.

luffeN

Pandaman said:
what? why?

geez, this is starcraft, don't you guys remember the good old days of playing cross continent on a 56k line?

more like because of the time differences?

I've got my shitty normal mouse, my indifference to base expansion and resource collection, and there's no way I'm going to try to chain click one of my units out of the firing range of some korean kid's battlecruiser. I'm ready to fail at some Starcraft. 2.

...if my computer can even run it. What was once brand new last year has become so fucked up with viruses and heat damage it may well not even to load the program, which of course means I'm a shoe-in to get an invite.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
banKai said:
more like because of the time differences?
unless the beta is limited to certain times of day, i fail to see an issue?

dont worry theinfinity, a skilled player would never use a battlecruiser.

deleted

I would love to participate in the beta, but I got my beta preferences right only yesterday, when I activated Diablo 2 with my Battle.net account. I believe there are a few other players first in line...
Hopefully it goes the quake live way and other people can be invited.

DieH@rd

Banned
Pandaman said:
what? why?

Ive played SC1 with 33.6K modem more than 10 years ago :D I still remember that good old days.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
the imminent release of the SC2 beta is going to make my participation in "The Contest" thread on the OT that much more difficult :(

I wonder if the first build is going to have achievements built in. I want to play a PvT and get an achivement that says "Easymode" right after I warp in my first pylon.

Zzoram

Fragamemnon said:
I wonder if the first build is going to have achievements built in. I want to play a PvT and get an achivement that says "Easymode" right after I warp in my first pylon.

Manner pylon, amirite?

Top Bottom