• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

From Destructoid

Update: I have official confirmation from Blizzard. The installer will appear in your account if you've been flagged for beta access. If you see the installer, you're in. Access is directly linked to your account, so you won't be getting an a key. Just download the installer, sign in with your Battle.net account, and you're good to go.

It sounds like people are still being added to the system in this first wave, so give it a day or two -- you may get access later today or tomorrow. If you don't get in this wave, more testers will be added in later, so you still have a chance down the line to participate.

Wedge7

Nice, zerg now.

Hilarious to see how small the beta community is currently that he's playing the same guy again.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Since i'm stuck at work. Hows it all looking via the streams etc? Does it look like it will be a thing of beauty?

Zzoram

jsrv said:
For anyone that got in, what are the selectable video settings in the beta?

My childhood friend I grew up playing Starcraft Broodwar with got in the beta and I didn't. I am so jealous :(

Milabrega

evlcookie said:
Since i'm stuck at work. Hows it all looking via the streams etc? Does it look like it will be a thing of beauty?

Yeah. This stream is the best going right now, good players, good video, decent sound and stable.

I read there are issues with i7 boards is this true/being addressed? I want to upgrade right away and isn't the i7 the top of the line board atm?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
TheExodu5 said:
1024MB VRAM for Ultra textures. O_O
Well, my GTX275 has "only" 896MB but it defaulted to Ultra anyway.

Anyway, need to reboot as my CPU is overclocked just too much and my GPU is downclocking (d'oh) but will post a couple of gameplay screens soon. As for performance, until my GPU decided it hated me, pulling 60fps without a sweat.

Apenheul

TheExodu5 said:
I hope my 896MB GTX 275 can handle ultra (I assume I should be able to since I'm running 1680*1050).

That's the exact same card as I have actually, I assumed it was 1024MB DDR3 but you're right it's 896MB. I would also assume it's sufficient for ultra.

Anksta

It would be nice to have a new (stickied) thread where the first post keeps a list of the streams. It's something for those of us that don't have keys to watch.

Wedge7

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Liquid`NonY

Another nice stream.

In terms of skill, NonY is probably one of the higher players your gonna see, at least streaming.

Zzoram

Wedge7 said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Liquid`NonY

Another nice stream.

In terms of skill, NonY is probably one of the higher players your gonna see, at least streaming.

He's probably in the top 5 non-koreans so ya that should be good. He's just goofing around learning hotkeys and the tech trees for now.

KnightM7

Banned
Getting a new laptop in the next few months.
So does anyone think an ati 4650 Mobility will be able to max out this game in 1080p? or should I go for the newer 5650 or better? i3 or i5?

And by max out I also mean being able to play all the eventual 10 player thousand unit TD/zergling blood maps that are sure to come.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anybody watch that ICCUP stream? Red Protoss didn't have a single expansion, so he just steamrolled the guy. :lol

Zzoram

KnightM7 said:
Getting a new laptop in the next few months.
So does anyone think an ati 4650 Mobility will be able to max out this game in 1080p? or should I go for the newer 5650 or better? i3 or i5?

And by max out I also mean being able to play all the eventual 10 player thousand unit TD/zergling blood maps that are sure to come.

The 4650 will play it fine, but won't max it. The 5650 should come closer, but the game requires 1GB video RAM to max textures.

Zzoram

ZealousD said:
Anybody watch that ICCUP stream? Red Protoss didn't have a single expansion, so he just steamrolled the guy. :lol

He could've beaten him about 8 minutes into the game but decided to take every base on the map and play around.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trasher said:
That protoss guy was awful.

iCCup spent all that time building expansions and he killed the guy with just a few mutas and ultras. :lol

Top Bottom