• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

clav

Sai-kun said:
Just got my code.

I think I'm Misora.Sai or something. :lol Anyone wanna play 2v2 comp with me and help me learn the basics?
No one can login to Battle.net.

Btw comps are really stupid.

dmann

I used to be a good SC: Brood War player.
But I completely suck at this game, lol. Got my butt whooped twice already.

Battlenet id is Dan.dmann if anybody wanna add me.

mcrae

rhfb said:
Speaking of hotkeys, I'm still having a bitch of a time trying to proxy in mass units from warpgates with a warp prism :(

havcing never used warp prisms, but finding warpgates extremely easy to use, i've gotta ask: why?

Meeru

Banned
Ferrio said:
Anyone wanna play, I have yet to play a match heh.

Also is there a GAF tag or something?
Sup ferrio finally you got sc2. No gaf tags cuz sc2 doesn't have clan tags (yet)..sigh. You have to do the horrifying process of adding character.id for every player to your friends list.

I knew that map editor was real. Can't wait to see dota on sc2 WOOT. BRING ME LANAYA!!!

IceMarker

I want that editor NOW Blizzard!
ic5vsn.gif

lol when you guys first said bnet was down, i was skeptical because i successfully logged in. I can confirm that it has since gone down though :)

i swear blizzard and valve are the same company. the passing and 3v3/4v4/editor on the same day? cant be a coincidence they are out to make every geek's head explode at the same time then they will be king nerds of the kingdom.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
valenti said:
Sup ferrio finally you got sc2. No gaf tags cuz sc2 doesn't have clan tags (yet)..sigh. You have to do the horrifying process of adding character.id for every player to your friends list.

I knew that map editor was real. Can't wait to see dota on sc2 WOOT. BRING ME LANAYA!!!
WAIT.

MINT'S MOST WANTED HERO IN HON WAS LANAYA.

VAL IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO TELL US.

Cory_t_

Finally got a key and played my first placement match. I get to my opponent's base with 6-7 roaches and he has 3 marines. I start on his wall and he lifts off every building before I even get through. I lol'ed. Straight to mutas. As soon as he saw the first one he left, it didn't even have a chance to attack.

Anyways, that was fun.

CoryT.gaf if anyone is interested. I'm a total noob.

IceMarker

Just logged in, after trying a dozen times, played a single placement match (TvZ). I won by going straight to MMM again.He tried rushing me early with Lings and Hydras, but my small marine force at my wall halted it, then I started pumping out Marauders and Medivacs and his main base was my first target and he gg'd.

And I quote him, "that damned MMM, gg". :lol

Anyways after the match I logged out to see if I could re-login and fix my profile page again, and lo-and-behold I cannot get in at all now.

Ice Monkey said:
"the system is shutting down in 3 minutes."

PATCH PATCH PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUE THE GAF HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!
2a9ofie.jpg

Ashhong

Ice Monkey said:
"the system is shutting down in 3 minutes."

PATCH PATCH PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUE THE GAF HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!

danceyf.gif

WHAT? YES YES YE SYES YES

how did you get that message? i couldnt get on bnet...

Chris R

Damn, just got kicked from a match I might have won :( PvP I was pushing Void Rays pretty early and he was trying to cheese into my base (I sniffed it out all three times :lol )

Ashhong said:
WHAT? YES YES YE SYES YES

how did you get that message? i couldnt get on bnet...

they kindly tell you in the middle of killing the AI >.< j/k.

I never really played SC1 so I have a lot to learn, finding that protoss and terran are most like my play styles. Any tips would be absolutely awesome.

Also, on the last episode of pure pwnage they were playing the game, best gaming related sitcom ever.

Ashhong

rhfb said:
Damn, just got kicked from a match I might have won :( PvP I was pushing Void Rays pretty early and he was trying to cheese into my base (I sniffed it out all three times :lol )

too bad! its patch time! :lol

hm quick question, does performance take a hit if you play this in Windowed Fullscreen mode? i love playing it in this mode because i can easily switch to firefox or AIM or w/e while playing

Olivero

CURSE THE SYSTEM PATCH! I was dominating this terran dude and just before I finished him off server dropped me! Mega Sad face. Also, the game rocks.

Add me. Olivero.olivero

Yeah I was playing as well, just as we have a giant mmm mmm mmm mmm ball fight in ttvtt Man I feel slow compared to sc1 >< has anyone added me? playing with a newbie is good for the soul they say, orangepeal.gaf

mcrae

MrMister said:
Just logged in, after trying a dozen times, played a single placement match (TvZ). I won by going straight to MMM again.He tried rushing me early with Lings and Hydras, but my small marine force at my wall halted it, then I started pumping out Marauders and Medivacs and his main base was my first target and he gg'd.

eh i wouldnt say anything involving hydras is a rush

Exhumed

Got it working and started playing the practice matches. Only got a few games in but I realize I'm too good for beginner. I suck balls at Terran and got bunker rushed first match.

Can't wait till I get more time and actually get into placement matches. Looks like I'm gonna be zerg/toss player again.

Add me and look me up if you guys want to play some rounds if I am around. I'm still new so the more practice the better! Exhumed.exhumed

Ashhong

"We're aware that the US is experiencing issues that are affecting play, and we're currently in the process of investigating the cause. During this time the service may be restarted to address these issues."

doesnt sound like a patch

Ashhong said:
"We're aware that the US is experiencing issues that are affecting play, and we're currently in the process of investigating the cause. During this time the service may be restarted to address these issues."

doesnt sound like a patch

hasnt that been there for the past like 2 weeks? seriously.

Ashhong

Ice Monkey said:
hasnt that been there for the past like 2 weeks? seriously.

nope, slightly different message. the previous message has said like "we know there are server issues and they will be fixed with the database reset" or something like that. its changed since the game shut down 20 minutes ago or w/e

Ashhong said:
nope, slightly different message. the previous message has said like "we know there are server issues and they will be fixed with the database reset" or something like that. its changed since the game shut down 20 minutes ago or w/e

kiteboy2je.gif

blizzard is the kite DX

Sloegr

Ashhong said:

B.net seems to be working again.

Top Bottom