• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

FortMajor

Banned
*sigh

I don't know if its been mentioned but apparently with the new patch there is a glitch with the zerg allowing up to 5 larvae to spawn before the queen is completed.

Finally getting used to this game after a couple of matches, and am trying really hard to learn the keyboard shortcuts and break bad habits.

Footman.frenzy

Jokey665

So I somehow got placed into Div 2 Gold, rank 55. WHAT. Marauders are so OP, i lost all my games I tried to fast expand but won every game I marauder rushed.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Does voice chat work right now? Because I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I can see the Mic test registering my voice, but I can't hear myself.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i'm haly.haly now.

The new UI is pretty retarded. No "previous screen" button for profile, have to right click portrait to change it without even a mouseover effect.

Oh, they're in rewards.

Milabrega said:
He's not talking about the party, he's talking about the conversation/chat room thing we use.

Good to know. I'll ask for an invite next time. Sorry I lost so bad for us on the 2v2 zealous.. I'll get better for the next time I swear!

Chris R

Random 2v2 is totally random and I hate it for that. I got paired with someone who might have been mentally challenged, I just don't know. 20+ minuet game, he produced 6 reapers and that was it...

Lucky for me only 1/2 of the other team was any good. Mass brood lords vs mass hydras was a pretty interesting fight if I do say so. Oh and holy cow, queens move so damn slow off creep now. Creep tumor is basically a must have right away :|

Kamillio

Neo Member
Ahhh was about to win my placement match, then kaboom. B.net crashes :lol
And in my adrenaline-fueled state I quickly hit the "surrender" button by accident... hope that won't be a loss :/

nilbog21

Banned
here's a rep worth sharing

me and valenti (now sejin) in a 2v2 for our 4th placement match.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mqcgjp

valenti dies early to dual zerg rush, partly my fault because I didnt send him my zealots as early as i could, but we came back to win it :]

(i realy hope this is the right replay.. i can't check because bnet is down and im going to bed! Why did blizzard remove the time stamps from the replay name and replace it with "map name (#)"?? wtfff)

yo im bumping because i posted this during the reset madness :<

mcrae

rhfb said:
Random 2v2 is totally random and I hate it for that. I got paired with someone who might have been mentally challenged, I just don't know. 20+ minuet game, he produced 6 ravagers and that was it...

Lucky for me only 1/2 of the other team was any good. Mass brood lords vs mass hydras was a pretty interesting fight if I do say so. Oh and holy cow, queens move so damn slow off creep now. Creep tumor is basically a must have right away :|

huh, broodlords should annihilate hydras

and wtf is a ravager?

Chris R

mcrae said:
huh, broodlords should annihilate hydras

and wtf is a ravager?
I meant reaper :p I never play T. It was 10 BL (2/1) to about 45-50 Hydras (3/3). Lucky for me, hydras can't jump up cliffs :lol

NeoUltima

Milabrega said:
Best strategy to grow your buddy list is to add the frequent posters in this thread, and then ask for an invite to the conversation. In the conversation window you can open the tab on the right wall to see the list of players. You can then Right click Add all the names you don't already have.
Ahh well that makes things much simpler.

Sorry my comp crashed in that game Demi :(

Anyway, got back on and just played a custom game with a CPU (lol wtf at the AI). Got a lot more familiar with Terran now. Got the tech tree down pat and got a feel for the units.
I'll be a lot less incompetent in future games now :lol

Chris R

I really wish they would release tougher AI. I do want to work on improving as a Z player, but doing it 1v1 I usually get my ass handed to me so quickly I'm not really able to learn that much :(

Zen

Banned
Yeah I know, I just keep reading this thread hoping to see an epic matchup, clicking the link, and seeing a replay file. After that there's usually some swearing about the game not being out yet.

Jokey665 said:
can you recommend an easy way to record videos that's free and watermark free as well?

I'm not picky. :lol

I want proper chat channels :( those are going to be in the final bnet 2.0 right?

Any gaf chat things going on right now?

*omg new menu music is freaking awesome*

Meeru

Banned
nilbog21 said:
here's a rep worth sharing

me and valenti (now sejin) in a 2v2 for our 4th placement match.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mqcgjp

valenti dies early to dual zerg rush, partly my fault because I didnt send him my zealots as early as i could, but we came back to win it :]

(i realy hope this is the right replay.. i can't check because bnet is down and im going to bed! Why did blizzard remove the time stamps from the replay name and replace it with "map name (#)"?? wtfff)
That was just an epic game..still can't believe how we won that lol

Ashhong

Trasher said:
Only during placements. It's back in there in regular ladder matches.

weird, it showed up once during placements.

man it seems like everyone is rushing a lot more now. i liked this game before the new wave of people =(

clav

Milabrega said:
List of Gaf Members in Beta: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20918204&postcount=11057

If you want your name added to the list, Post your BNET name in the _____.____ Format. EU players please post EU next to the ___.___ so I can put you on the correct list.

Best strategy to grow your buddy list is to add the frequent posters in this thread, and then ask for an invite to the conversation. In the conversation window you can open the tab on the right wall to see the list of players. You can then Right click Add all the names you don't already have.

You've got to have someone reinvite you.
claviertekky.exe

All these new maps have definitely left the impression of the game feeling new.

On top of all of this:

1. Sounds.
2. Better graphics on the lowest settings. I'm impressed.
3. More music variety.
4. Achievements.
5. Smoother slick interface.

I love it although the influx of noobs is a double edge sword.

Top Bottom