• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
sorry, I lost track of time playing Toy Soldiers for the 360. processing all the entries right now. Ill know who the winner is within the next 10 minutes =)

Freki

Caspel said:
sorry, I lost track of time playing Toy Soldiers for the 360. processing all the entries right now. Ill know who the winner is within the next 10 minutes =)

Good luck to us all - may gaf win :-D

Gribbix

Patch 2 Notes:
StarCraft II Beta - Patch 2 (version 0.4.0.14133)

Balance Changes

Terran
Banshee
-Cloak: This ability no longer requires Fusion Core to research.

Barracks
-The build time for this building has decreased from 65 to 60.

Factory
-The build time for this building has decreased from 65 to 60.

Reactor
-The build time for this building has decreased from 40 to 25.

Reaper
-The build time for this unit has increased from 30 to 40.
-Nitro Boost: The build time for this upgrade has increased from 90 to 100.

Starport
-The build time for this building has decreased from 55 to 50.

Tech Lab
-The build time for this building has decreased from 30 to 25.

Protoss
Mothership
-The build time for this unit has increased from 120 to 160.
-The food cost of this unit has increased from 6 to 8.
-The number of shots fired by this unit has decreased from 8 to 6.
-The shield of this unit has decreased from 400 to 350.
-The health of this unit has decreased from 400 to 350.
-The acceleration of this unit has decreased from 1.3125 to 0.3125.
-The deceleration of this unit has increased from 0 to 1.

Nexus
-Chrono Boost: The duration of this ability has decreased from 30 to 20.

Zerg
Corruptor
-The damage done by this unit has increased from 12 (+8 massive) to 12 (+10 massive).

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Freki said:
Good luck to us all - may gaf win :-D

so as luck would have it, a GAF member won; and it was because of the second entry! I'll let the member let everyone know he or she won, if he/she chooses to do so. Would never want to put his/her life in danger when GAF hunts him/her down haha for impressions, and well, the beta key of course haha.

LowParry

Caspel said:
so as luck would have it, a GAF member won; and it was because of the second entry! I'll let the member let everyone know he or she won, if he/she chooses to do so. Would never want to put his/her life in danger when GAF hunts him/her down haha for impressions, and well, the beta key of course haha.

But it's fun to use pitchforks and tar!

TheExodu5

Banned
LiK said:
i waited for you, but you stood me up :'(

I had some chores to do, but I'm about to play!

I wish we would know who won...kind of kills the fun. Hope they make themselves known so we can congratulate them.

LiK

TheExodu5 said:
I had some chores to do, but I'm about to play!

I wish we would know who won...kind of kills the fun. Hope they make themselves known so we can congratulate them.

ok, if you see me on, invite.

some dude named XenobladerX on twitter won the key.

Reaper nerfs, but I wasn't using them much already in the early game-better to scare protoss by showing a tech lab at your wall-off rax and then go 2 rax marauders/1 rax marine (against 2 gate) or 1 rax marauders/2 rax marine after you kill off his scouting probe (at which point the only tech info he'll have on you is your tech lab and he'll have to get stalkers to protect against possible reaper harass.

Dunno if Banshees needed a buff to be honest. I think you now pretty much have to go for a 2 port opener in TvT.

Fragamemnon said:
Reaper nerfs, but I wasn't using them much already in the early game-better to scare protoss by showing a tech lab at your wall-off rax and then go 2 rax marauders/1 rax marine (against 2 gate) or 1 rax marauders/2 rax marine after you kill off his scouting probe (at which point the only tech info he'll have on you is your tech lab and he'll have to get stalkers to protect against possible reaper harass.

Dunno if Banshees needed a buff to be honest. I think you now pretty much have to go for a 2 port opener in TvT.
I was a pretty big reaper rusher, unfortunately; guess I'll try out your strategy.

I love how on top of protoss OP blizz seems to be. They even took it slow, nerfing mothership just a little, seeing if the warp ability was key, and increasing gateway time, and then in less than a day they realize it needed more so they uber-nerf the MS and chronoboost like crazy!

They sound like they know what they're doing. Not sure how i feel about nydus though, zerg has a lot of weaknesses, especially air so it makes sense for them to dominate close combat ground IMHO.

Slayer-33 said:
A BIG development has occurred guys. ALERT INTERNETS

:lol *slaps hands together* shit just got real.
shitjustgotreal.gif

BUT WHAT

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I don't condone any illegal activities but you guys w/o beta invites might have to do some searching for a certain something ;p just a heads up.

Gotta practice some SC2 before retail release somehow you know.

Now you have an idea.

Slayer-33 said:
I don't condone any illegal activities but you guys w/o beta invites might have to do some searching for a certain something ;p just a heads up.

Now you have an idea.
If you are talking about the "crack" released earlier today, that does basically nothing for you, no play against AI or anything.

Zaptruder

Banned
Slayer-33 said:

Now you have an idea.

You vague motherfucker. Just tell us if someone has found or emulated a server crack.

Top Bottom