• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Caspel said:
For GAF members who have entered, 2 and a half hours until I announce the winner of the beta key I am giving away. Good luck to those who did take their time to enter =)
:D

Realistically though I'm just waiting for retail, as I know that's how my, and god almost every vocal blizzard fans luck is lol.

Caspel said:
For GAF members who have entered, 2 and a half hours until I announce the winner of the beta key I am giving away. Good luck to those who did take their time to enter =)
Yeah, in about two hours, I'll either be bawling my eyes out or jumping around the room like a madman. I personally hope it's the latter ;)

Thanks again for the contest, Caspel. This would be a great time for me to develop some luck.

TheExodu5

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
Yeah, in about two hours, I'll either be bawling my eyes out or jumping around the room like a madman. I personally hope it's the latter ;)

If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be in Vent, laughing maniacally while I destroy my opponents with Zerglings.

Slightly speaking of voice chat, has anyone tried it yet? Blizzard said in their patch notes that it's an early feature and there are known issues, but is it usable?

I've heard a few people in streams trying to use it, and it sounded rough and garbled. But the stream could have been to blame for the poor quality.

TheExodu5 said:
If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be in Vent, laughing maniacally while I destroy my opponents with Zerglings.
Thanks I guess
you bastard
but I don't know if I'll be heading on Vent again. I always had the feeling that I was intruding and your friend calling me annoying kind of turned me off of going on there :lol

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
FromTheFuture said:

I truly hope someone from GAF wins so I know how they like the beta after the play it =)

Cirruss

Caspel said:

Dammit i knew i shouldn't have opened this thread before i went to sleep, now im going to end up staying up :p

TheExodu5

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
Thanks I guess
you bastard
but I don't know if I'll be heading on Vent again. I always had the feeling that I was intruding and your friend calling me annoying kind of turned me off of going on there :lol

If it was inthedark7, ignore him, he's a whiny baby. :)

Wedge7

Tremis said:
thanks again Caspel.

Agreed, regardless of how it goes, thanks for giving us the chance.

And I suppose, in all likelihood, for delivering the crushing realization that once again, no beta again. :lol

elbkhm

Caspel said:
I truly hope someone from GAF wins so I know how they like the beta after the play it =)
*Fingers crossed*
You've been very cool about this, and I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

LiK

exodux is online but not responding to my PMs in the beta, c'mon~~~

btw, played my first match against humans in 2v2, it's slowly coming back to me. i lost but i was actually doing good. just forgot to expand more.

LiK said:

btw, played my first match against humans in 2v2, it's slowly coming back to me. i lost but i was actually doing good. just forgot to expand more.

did you play orcs or undead? hehehe j/k :p

Caspel said:

Im curious as to how many people have entered into this contest.

TheExodu5 said:
If it was inthedark7, ignore him, he's a whiny baby. :)

Seconded - get on vent! (even if you can't hear me properly :D)

LiK said:

Add me to your list. In the "Online / Matchup Forum --> Starcraft Closed Beta" thread there is a list of the current GAF members in BETA.

TheExodu5

Banned
LiK said:

Sorry...was logged in but I was eating. :(

Zzoram

Ice Monkey said:
lol im busy in sc1 getting my ass handed to me by people treating the game like its a pro game. do pros even play 3v3? lol

No. Pros only play 1v1. There was a period where they dabbled in 2v2 but team games are all about crippling 1 guy early and you auto-win.

So my friend is apparently in the beta now.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Does anyone else get the impression that invites aren't really going out in waves anymore?

Edit: Nevermind, he says it was in his spam box so he probably was in an older wave.

celebi23

Caspel said:

Thanks for holding this contest :D

Door2Dawn

Banned
autobzooty said:

Does anyone else get the impression that invites aren't really going out in waves anymore?

Edit: Nevermind, he says it was in his spam box so he probably was in an older wave.
Did your friend go to blizzcon?

two games of sc1 confirmed it. sc2 appeals to me far more than sc1 ever did, and sc1 just in general seems so....meh and not fun. I'm so bad at sc1 but with sc2 i actually have a fighting chance, its so strange. :-/

oh and no auto-rally minerals and just muta harass in general just makes me cry inside. I remember now why I never got into the melee scene in sc1!

Caspel said:
Well, it looks like I'm qualified. I'm your man. Make it happen
LET ME WINNNNNnnnNN

TheExodu5 said:
f it was inthedark7, ignore him, he's a whiny baby. :)
I'll keep that in mind! Just as long as it's fine with the rest of you. Like I said, I already felt like I was intruding anyway because I kept going on there. Not sure if you guys had a problem with it. No worries, I'll be on later to bring the annoying ;)
as well as some crying when I never get in the beta.

calder

autobzooty said:
Ah crap, thanks for the 10 seconds of false hope while I desperately searched gmail for the spam folder.

Nothing in there but a old mis-blocked email from D&D Online. :(

Shanadeus

Banned
Caspel said:
*holds fingers crossed*
You are an awesome dude for giving a key away

TheExodu5

Banned
Heh it's interesting. But the Toss player completely had him. He just had to get 400 minerals and build elsewhere instead of getting all his probes killed on the planetary fortress.

(actually I think that's exactly what he did)

The replay goes on for a while longer, so the Protoss likely won.

TheExodu5 said:
Heh it's interesting. But the Toss player completely had him. He just had to get 400 minerals and build elsewhere instead of getting all his probes killed on the planetary fortress.

he should have just attacked the command center right away

kilongs

TheExodu5 said:

Ya, that was only like 8 minutes. The replay shows it was a 25 minute match.

autobzooty said:

Oh god I just checked my spam folder twice to make sure lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Let's all drumroll for the announced winner of the SC2 beta key. We're almost there. Best of luck to all of you, hope one of you gets to join in on the awesome.

Top Bottom