• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
darkressurection said:
If you are talking about the "crack" released earlier today, that does basically nothing for you, no play against AI or anything.

sorry for hyping everyone, I'm on the same boat :| no beta key yet i've been on bnet since forever :lol

still waiting for it.

clip

Slayer-33 said:
I don't condone any illegal activities but you guys w/o beta invites might have to do some searching for a certain something ;p just a heads up.

Gotta practice some SC2 before retail release somehow you know.

Now you have an idea.

Just post a link.

Trasher

Zaptruder said:
You vague motherfucker. Just tell us if someone has found or emulated a server crack.
Can't do anything other than build shit from what I've heard. No AI opponents even. My silly roommate downloaded it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Trasher said:
Can't do anything other than build shit from what I've heard. No AI opponents even. My silly roommate downloaded it.

practice your builds MF :D that's alright to get ready for retail.

Zaptruder

Banned
Trasher said:

I guess that's better than nothing.

I just wanna run it so I can test for stability and benchmark.

Force attacking doodads and checking out animations isn't that bad either.

Wedge7

darkressurection said:
If you are talking about the "crack" released earlier today, that does basically nothing for you, no play against AI or anything.

WTF...?

Honestly, thats basically nothing?

Man, maybe I'm just a different level of obsessed, but just playing around in a sandbox is incredible. Just working on build orders, practicing little bits of micro, seeing how units control, this kind of shit is incredible.

Obviously its not the beta, and nowhere near as good, but seriously.

oh and exodus and lik, you guys kept trying to bum rush us so i had to break out the big guns!

reapers still raaaaaaape :)

and my first successful m&m tehehehehehe WOOT

Slayer-33 said:
I don't condone any illegal activities but you guys w/o beta invites might have to do some searching for a certain something ;p just a heads up.

Gotta practice some SC2 before retail release somehow you know.

Now you have an idea.

ooo cool, I'm semi playing starcraft2!!! (lol I'm pathetic....)

Firstly, does anyone know if you can select any other race other then terran? mmm sweet sweet terran music :lol

Is it just my computer being shitty or is there a tiny bit of input delay? Like a simple thing such as making draging a selection box, theres like milisecond delay thing, its kinda offputting.

PS hotkeys are different I see, wtf rally isn't "r" is just strange, and marine is "a" such a netpicky thing to be complaining about I guess but still strange...

cramcakes

Anyone know a good stream with a Zerg that wins fairly often (or at least plays well)? I haven't watched much since the Battle Reports.

TheExodu5

Banned
New graphics settings. Different descriptions for a lot of things now.

Shaders is the biggest change:

shaders.png

Haven't checked if performance is different.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
OMFG SC2 is going to be INSANE. :lol

We all know blizz has us by the balls.

Protoss builds work so different and all the rally points and stuff is flawlessly now, quick shortcuts show up on your ui with tabs now it's great.

slayer i'm happy for you and all but i think people around these parts don't really like discussion of cracks and stuff, especially pic proof that you are using it.

i don't really know though I just figured i'd say something

Ice Monkey said:
slayer i'm happy for you and all but i think people around these parts don't really like discussion of cracks and stuff, especially pic proof that you are using it.

yeah...this IS kind of a special case though. i mean, it's a victimless crime as long as we can't get on battle.net, right? i still feel weird about the whole thing though.

Kamillio

Neo Member
Orangepeel said:
ooo cool, I'm semi playing starcraft2!!! (lol I'm pathetic....)

Firstly, does anyone know if you can select any other race other then terran? mmm sweet sweet terran music :lol

Is it just my computer being shitty or is there a tiny bit of input delay? Like a simple thing such as making draging a selection box, theres like milisecond delay thing, its kinda offputting.

PS hotkeys are different I see, wtf rally isn't "r" is just strange, and marine is "a" such a netpicky thing to be complaining about I guess but still strange...

Not that I would know or anything... but just keep restarting... it's random :D

Got to play with another gaffer tonight.

thesoapster and I got a few 2v2's in. I've also learned my Protoss early game is really good. My Terran game.. yea.. not so much.

We went 2-1 - We are a pretty good team :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Ice Monkey said:

I didn't provide any links or say how it was called etc just said that something works w/o any worries if they intended to test something. Whatever "it" is :lol someone else mentioned the "crack"

No one here will play this thing cracked anywhere, everyone will be on retail, you can't cheat bnet 2.0 thankfully. Blizz stepped up big time, I can't wait for Diablo 3 either because of possibly never dealing with dupes.

Would be great if blizzard decided to sell the damn game now and let us test it for them for $50-60 :lol

clip said:
clip
(Yesterday, 10:56 PM)

Just post a link.

:lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
HarryDemeanor said:
Just received two beta keys in my e-mail right now! Really happy that I was able to get in! :D

wow... lucky bastard lol

$200-800 bucks for you right there :\ :lol I wish I got in, need to practice vs humans

Okay quick question for those who have the beta.

They're asking me to name my StarCraft II character. Is this my online name or something different?

mint

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
Okay quick question for those who have the beta.

They're asking me to name my StarCraft II character. Is this my online name or something different?
Your Starcraft 2 character will be your online name yes. When people ask to be your friend, you can tell them your Starcraft 2 name or B.net name. Real ID friends on Battle.net can see each other's full profiles, including real-life names, real-life profile information, and all of their characters across all Battle.net games.

With starcraft 2 name, you will immediately start seeing that character in your friends list, but you will not be able to access real-life names, real-life profile information, or any other characters he or she might play. Other players are not notified if you add their characters to your friends list in this fashion.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
TheExodu5 said:
New graphics settings. Different descriptions for a lot of things now.

Shaders is the biggest change:

shaders.png

Haven't checked if performance is different.
Wait what? If shaders are GPU reliant, then how the fuck is it that everybody's expererimentation points to them being CPU reliant?

TheExodu5

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Wait what? If shaders are GPU reliant, then how the fuck is it that everybody's expererimentation points to them being CPU reliant?

Well that's why we've said there's something fishy going on. I was going to post it on their forums...but maybe since it seems to be a work in progress maybe I should just leave it be for now. My contention is that they haven't implemented all the GPU shaders yet and are doing a lot of the work on the CPU. Some shaders haven't been implemented period (not even on the CPU) like SSAO (the setting does nothing).

I need to get a bit of evidence together and get it all organized so it doesn't get discarded too easily.

mint said:
Your Starcraft 2 character will be your online name yes. When people ask to be your friend, you can tell them your Starcraft 2 name or B.net name. Real ID friends on Battle.net can see each other's full profiles, including real-life names, real-life profile information, and all of their characters across all Battle.net games.

With starcraft 2 name, you will immediately start seeing that character in your friends list, but you will not be able to access real-life names, real-life profile information, or any other characters he or she might play. Other players are not notified if you add their characters to your friends list in this fashion.

Alright, thanks for the info.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
TheExodu5 said:
Well that's why we've said there's something fishy going on. I was going to post it on their forums...but maybe since it seems to be a work in progress maybe I should just leave it be for now. My contention is that they haven't implemented all the GPU shaders yet and are doing a lot of the work on the CPU. Some shaders haven't been implemented period (not even on the CPU) like SSAO (the setting does nothing).

I need to get a bit of evidence together and get it all organized so it doesn't get discarded too easily.
Don't be afraid. In the worst case, Blizzard would come with an explanation of the technology behind their shaders, which would be cool. Even if they prove you wrong, it would be a tasy bit of information.

celebi23

Trasher said:
I just want the Mac beta to come out so I can feel like there is somewhat of a chance for me. :(

Same here. The Mac gaming community is so damn small, maybe all of us will get in :lol

HarryDemeanor said:
Just received two beta keys in my e-mail right now! Really happy that I was able to get in! :D

If you still haven't found someone to give that 2nd beta key code to, I'd gladly take it off of your hands :D Would love to get in so that I'm all set when the Mac beta client is ready :lol

Top Bottom