• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Mystery

Hooray, I just got into masters on the Korean server! I couldn't do it in WoL, but in HotS it was pretty easy for some reason.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been gone for two days... anything I've missed?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I jest. I know I shouldn't play with your heart like that. He's prolly still at home working on some 2 base build that is based around landing a factory in a choke point.
I was TeamLiquiding it if it was true or not... don't play with me like that!

StayDead

Usually, being the best and making money go hand in hand. Unless you decide to transition into being a commentator.

Flash was never in it for the money.

Infact outside of MC and Stephano I've never seen any progamer say that they're in it purely to get money.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I dunno, if you make at least 30,000 then your making pretty good compared to some college graduates for playing a videogame. Anything more is amazing.

true, but the liftestyle is still pretty paycheck to paycheck, and it looks like you have to pretty much skip college to do it.

J2d

Is SC2 down in europe or something? I get a message that tells me i should switch or revert to my old region but I have never touched that.

How hard is it to maintain servers without fucking something up blizzard?

Yoshichan

EU SC2 is always unplayable to me.

Edit: Like now for example. Stuck at log-in screen. Utter fucking joke.

Yoshichan

It's actually unbelivable. I've tried logging in for 15 minutes now and it says that it's connecting to battle.net and asks me if I want to play offline.

I want to rage-uninstall this pos.

edit: I am fucking milliseconds from destroying my table. Literally one millisecond. WHY WON'T BLIZZARD UNDERSTAND THAT I DO NOT HAVE AN HOUR SPARE EVERY DAY TRYING TO LOG IN????

StayDead

It's actually unbelivable. I've tried logging in for 15 minutes now and it says that it's connecting to battle.net and asks me if I want to play offline.

edit: I am fucking milliseconds from destroying my table. Literally one millisecond. WHY WON'T BLIZZARD UNDERSTAND THAT I DO NOT HAVE AN HOUR SPARE EVERY DAY TRYING TO LOG IN????

It sounds like it's your connection.

You should contact Blizzard customer service and save an innocent table!

It sounds like it's your connection.
And yeah, run some diagnostics on your shit.

I'm not sure what is going on. I personally never had any problems with Battlenet.

Yoshichan

Yeah, definitely contacting them tomorrow... shit's getting out of hand.

Yoshichan

I don't "do" pylons.

TwiztidElf

What's going on with matchmaking?
I'm a casual bronze zerg player who loves the game. I should probably at least be in silver if I applied myself, but I digress.
I keep getting matched up with gold and platinum players, and am running a w/l ratio of something like 1:3.
I guess I haven't helped myself with a couple of wins against plats, but still...
Is it just a case of the matchmaking on HotS trying to sort itself out? Did HotS start with a clean slate and needs to build it's stat database and the matchmaking will improve over time?

My bad guys, completely forgot it is Wednesday seeing as I'm on spring break.

Gaf night
will start half an hour from this post 9pm est.

Please use the mumble server during GAF night!
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739

Ketch

What's going on with matchmaking?
I'm a casual bronze zerg player who loves the game. I should probably at least be in silver if I applied myself, but I digress.
I keep getting matched up with gold and platinum players, and am running a w/l ratio of something like 1:3.
I guess I haven't helped myself with a couple of wins against plats, but still...
Is it just a case of the matchmaking on HotS trying to sort itself out? Did HotS start with a clean slate and needs to build it's stat database and the matchmaking will improve over time?

Yea I don't know either, I get this feeling too... like they are always putting me up against people who are better then me.

Woorloog

Banned
Yea I don't know either, I get this feeling too... like they are always putting me up against people who are better then me.

Doesn't SC2 matchmaking test players at times and match them against better players, see if they can beat them? Though i suppose it shouldn't do it constantly.

sixghost

Doesn't SC2 matchmaking test players at times and match them against better players, see if they can beat them? Though i suppose it shouldn't do it constantly.

I think lower league players just play less ranked matches, so it's harder to get those guys to match up all the time. The game seems to prioritize getting you into a game more than making sure every game is even.

Vaporak

Did HotS start with a clean slate and needs to build it's stat database and the matchmaking will improve over time?

Yeah, everyone got new Matchmaking ratings with Hots. Just be glad you weren't one of those lowbie guys who had to be matched against the pro's in the first week. Also, the relative size of the bronze league shrunk and gold increased to compensate so you're probably underestimating where you think you should be.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Let me know when shit like this happens on a gaf night

EDVRM.gif

0X0MG.gif

lol2suc8.gif

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

I just had the most disgusting defeat against protoss. Was winning badly the entire game and right when I stop paying attention for just a second storms come down and my army is gone and he walks to victory. So sad right now :(

Wunder

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

I just had the most disgusting defeat against protoss. Was winning badly the entire game and right when I stop paying attention for just a second storms come down and my army is gone and he walks to victory. So sad right now :(

standardddd

Ketch

I think lower league players just play less ranked matches, so it's harder to get those guys to match up all the time. The game seems to prioritize getting you into a game more than making sure every game is even.

Yea, it definitely feels that way... I loose 3, win 1, and move up 10 spots in the division. Almost, top 8 silver.

I keep getting matched up against terran, which is my worst matchup(i play terran). I actually won both matches tonight though. Upgrades bitches:)

Ketch

Ugh, guys. I try SO HARD, and then loose. Ugh. Super fun game, that I should have won.

I haven't looked at this replay yet, but can someone please give this a look and just tell me how bad I suck please? http://drop.sc/317691

What do you do against tanks? I should have went muta/ling I guess... I thought the roaches would beat the marines but when they started getting shredded I didn't know what to do. I built banelings, but they didn't do too great either... I thought I did a really good job of keeping denying his expansions, and I should have got ultra's out a lot sooner. and then his drop murdered me.

I must have missed one of his expansions, there's no way he got so much on two bases.

I just need to play more games. I feel like I'm getting better... but it's really hard to tell.

Top Bottom