• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Beat a zerg who complained about me turtling today (my first masters zerg I've beaten) and then I had an amazing comeback against a 1A bio terran who then complained he hates playing against people like me as I play to win and not for fun.

Ah the ladder, what an amazing place :p

rofl

That's the most hilarious shit I've heard all week.

Yeah, winning is for losers! wat

Ketch

I bought the original and brood war but only played through the terran campaign... maybe I should go back to it?
LOL Yea right!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i just played my first 1000+ apm opponent. i dont know how he did it considering how chill the game we were playing was.

1000apm_zps24275096.png

Ketch

pretty sure there's a bug with zerg APM, you can hold down a button to build units and it counts it all as like 30 actions at once or whatever.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
pretty sure there's a bug with zerg APM, you can hold down a button to build units and it counts it all as like 30 actions at once or whatever.

oh ya i heard about that but i think zerg apms usually still average around 250~ in long games.

FluxWaveZ

ehh I don't know, mine gets above 200 and my actual apm is probably more like 75.

Zerg I go against usually go from 250-300 APM. Never seen anyone above 400 yet, but I'm mid-Master and not high like COOLIO. If that 1k APM is legit, it's definitely not common.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
im checking out the replay and somehow he was spiking to 2500 apm spreading creep tumors and looking around the map with 0 production. must be some weird glitch.

oh man, I didn't even know cheating was a thing in this game. No wonder I keep loosing, they're all a bunch of frickin cheaters! I knew it!

Only time I've ever played a blatant maphacker was on Taldarim altar and he proxy gated me in my base. Then he got my Terran friend a couple games later and did the same to him. LOL.

Terproerg

i never really post on here, but i was wonder if you guys could check out my youtube for me and let me know what i can do for improving my current series im going to be making on this game. Click here

I am usually a Toss player as some of you who remember me know! Please just let me know if its ok quality and such. Thanks guys :D

Striek

I've copied Demuslims TvZ build and gone unbeaten by ladder zergs since :x I had no idea how to play the matchup before.

11rax, 11gas, two reapers, expand, reactor fact, expand, six hellions + 1/1 into a few widow mines for all-in defence then just mass MMM + hellbats. Its so goood. Early harass keeps the zerg honest and I've just been anihilating them with a 2/2 timing after I land my third. Every time they've been caught with their pants down either starting to mass mutas or rushing to ultras.

It is so easy to do without worrying about deploying mines or tanks. Just gotta split effectively.

I've copied Demuslims TvZ build and gone unbeaten by ladder zergs since :x I had no idea how to play the matchup before.

11rax, 11gas, two reapers, expand, reactor fact, expand, six hellions + 1/1 into a few widow mines for all-in defence then just mass MMM + hellbats. Its so goood. Early harass keeps the zerg honest and I've just been anihilating them with a 2/2 timing after I land my third. Every time they've been caught with their pants down either starting to mass mutas or rushing to ultras.

It is so easy to do without worrying about deploying mines or tanks. Just gotta split effectively.

Oh nice can I see a replay?

Also I've gotten a streak this morning. Beat the crud out of 7 Zergs. Not a single match lost. I'd say my TvZ is hitting 80% soon. :D

As for Protoss though, nope no luck. Lost both matches I attempted to play against Toss.

Overall 8/10 wins isn't bad with the 2 losses to Protoss.

Got BMed by the last Zerg i beat lol. Base race only he stuck to Bane and lings.

LOL

Could have finished him off earlier but I wanted to work on micro vs Ultras. Turns out he didn't want to go to late game composition. >.<

I still have a lot to work on since way too many banelings hit me for my own good.

Ushae

Banned
GAF I'm silver league at the moment, relatively new to the game, is there any hope for me? My ID is the same as my name Ushae.

:(

GAF I'm silver league at the moment, relatively new to the game, is there any hope for me? My ID is the same as my name Ushae.

I started off in Bronze and am working my way to Diamond right now. Rank 1 Plat Terran. Just keep at it and you will get good.

The more you play and lose to strategies the more you know how to counter them.

Lost to a Stalker Voidray push today, I realized that if I had a tank and made more Marines I would have been fine.

Don't be sad, there is nothing wrong with being in silver league.

i just played my first 1000+ apm opponent. i dont know how he did it considering how chill the game we were playing was.

1000apm_zps24275096.png

Maybe hacks? Bots can get you APM that high. Also, confirm he isn't a map hacker. Check if he is ever staring at your base through fog of war and blind countering your compositions.

Torec

Neo Member

All great players started at the bottom and worked their way up with hard work and dedication! Practice, practice, practice and have fun. I think some great advice to new and old players alike is to keep a good attitude at all times. Sometimes you lose and some times you win. Don't associate a negative feeling with losing. Even the pros lose. Make each game a learning experience.

While having a good attitude is essential and productive to improvement, macro is also a very crucial skill for all players. Microing is just as powerful, but you can't micro an army you haven't made! Always remember to make worker units, reinforce your army, and keep yourself from getting supply blocked. If you focus on those three things, I guarantee you'll see improvement in your game. Consider copping a build order or two from some pros. They know what they're doing!

Also, keep some of your early game replays saved. If you stick with the game, it might be neat to go back after a while and see how much you've improved.

So I'm a low level [gold] zerg player and was just wondering what the actual correct response to these cheeses are:

a. two gate. I'm on two base, take gas early for roach? defend with just ling spinecrawler? sac second base? 3 or more spines?

b. two rax. I'm on two base, cancel gas after 100 for speed? cancel gas altogether? how many spines? make a few queens at the expense of lings?

I know a lot of it will be reactive but I just want to make sure i'm not doing anything completely stupid.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
So I'm a low level [gold] zerg player and was just wondering what the actual correct response to these cheeses are:

a. two gate. I'm on two base, take gas early for roach? defend with just ling spinecrawler? sac second base? 3 or more spines?

b. two rax. I'm on two base, cancel gas after 100 for speed? cancel gas altogether? how many spines? make a few queens at the expense of lings?

I know a lot of it will be reactive but I just want to make sure i'm not doing anything completely stupid.

well scouting a terran fairly early always helps, if theres no barracks in his base then get speed, start cranking out lings and win it!

Top Bottom