• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
Not sure if you guys have seen this, it looks old, but I just played through the first couple missions and it's the real deal. It's got all the cutscenes and original VO, it's pretty crazy good.

Starcraft 1 in Starcraft 2

I do need to play this sometime, it always seems like a hassle to get running though.

GAF I'm silver league at the moment, relatively new to the game, is there any hope for me? My ID is the same as my name Ushae.

:(

Also WATCH GSL AND PRO GAMES! Go onto a site tht has build orders and pick some to practice. But most of all have fun.

GAF I'm silver league at the moment, relatively new to the game, is there any hope for me? My ID is the same as my name Ushae.

Hey, a lot of people will suggest Dapollo and filtersc2 tutorials. I find these helpful. Day9 waffles too much for my liking but you can check him out too.

filter: http://www.youtube.com/user/filtersc
apollo: http://www.youtube.com/user/dignitasApollo

they have turotials for all races, right from the bronze level. If, on the off chance, you're a zerg then fenner has some good basic tutorials and an easy roach build that will win you games and get you into the groove of doing certain things at certain times.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fenn3r

He has some advanced stuff but just search for the lower level stuff.
edit - husky starcraft too.

Paches

I've copied Demuslims TvZ build and gone unbeaten by ladder zergs since :x I had no idea how to play the matchup before.

11rax, 11gas, two reapers, expand, reactor fact, expand, six hellions + 1/1 into a few widow mines for all-in defence then just mass MMM + hellbats. Its so goood. Early harass keeps the zerg honest and I've just been anihilating them with a 2/2 timing after I land my third. Every time they've been caught with their pants down either starting to mass mutas or rushing to ultras.

It is so easy to do without worrying about deploying mines or tanks. Just gotta split effectively.

Post a replayyyyyy

E: Nevermind, found a VOD with the build I believe:

http://www.twitch.tv/demuslim/b/390008375

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

There is still this
panel-9528716-image-5bc99b4f82c0fa97-320.png
I just recently rewatched some of those parts! Truly fantastic :3!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
haha. Hopefully square ports FF8 over sometime and Ill do that again.
Just the thought of that... Hnggggg! You're uploading Ni No Kuni right now, right?

StayDead

I sure do love those games where people say GG then don't leave until you kill all their buildings, he didn't even build anything, just let me break out of his contain (he had swarmhosts locking me at my main later game after ultras beat everything) and just went AFK I guess.

People really don't like playing against mech. :/

I just want to get my damn 15 year Feat of Strength but the achievement servers have been down for days :(

Still taking my time through campaign though. Haven't played any missions in ~2 weeks. Just been doing Starjeweled hoping to trigger the achievement, but yeah...

Chris R

I've yet to play a single PvP that didn't involve the other player rushing to void rays. Got sick of it so now I just double proxygate them and win the game quickly instead of dragging that bullshit out (ugh at playing a 50 min game when the other player drops GG at the 20 min mark).

I guess the Husky Bronze/Silver PROTIP OF THE DAY would be to either scout to see I have nothing in my base or build a single zealot before my 3 zealots arrive to give yourself a fighting chance at least :|

edit: And I partially blame Tasteless for his Tasteless build. Turtle + Void Ray into Tempest is what happens 95% of the time if I don't kill them quickly.

f0rk

I've yet to play a single PvP that didn't involve the other player rushing to void rays. Got sick of it so now I just double proxygate them and win the game quickly instead of dragging that bullshit out (ugh at playing a 50 min game when the other player drops GG at the 20 min mark).

I guess the Husky Bronze/Silver PROTIP OF THE DAY would be to either scout to see I have nothing in my base or build a single zealot before my 3 zealots arrive to give yourself a fighting chance at least :|

edit: And I partially blame Tasteless for his Tasteless build. Turtle + Void Ray into Tempest is what happens 95% of the time if I don't kill them quickly.

If mono Zealot is the answer to Mutalisks it's probably quite good against Void Rays as well.

Esiquio

Some help, please. I was Platinum in early WoL but I'm stuck in Silver here in HoTs. I have trouble versus other Terrans and Protoss. Sometimes I proxy 2rax the Protoss, which actually has worked a few times. Zerg, well I'll just be trying that build Coolio mentioned. But some tips, please?

Chris R

Some help, please. I was Platinum in early WoL but I'm stuck in Silver here in HoTs. I have trouble versus other Terrans and Protoss. Sometimes I proxy 2rax the Protoss, which actually has worked a few times. Zerg, well I'll just be trying that build Coolio mentioned. But some tips, please?

If you want you can whip me (Silver league Protoss)

I'd be down for a few games later tonight if you are.

Ketch

We have a GAF scrub league! We need more people for me and mbmonk to practice with! Find us in the GAF Group and send some friend requests, we should all play together! Practice matches are a great way to warm up for the ladder.

If I'm not all that interested in the campaign modes are they still the best way to get ready for the multiplayer?

Matches against the AI is probably the best. The campaign mission structures aren't really set up like a multiplayer match and there are significant differences in the units between single player and multiplayer.

Ketch

Matches against the AI is probably the best. The campaign mission structures aren't really set up like a multiplayer match and there are significant differences in the units between single player and multiplayer.

True True, but I also think they do a pretty good job of teaching you how to multitask. Almost all of the missions focus on moving around the map, producing things at your base, and defending key points simultaneously... They're kind of like the very best version of the micro or macro challenge type custom maps.

GG Esiquio. That was such an amazing game. Harass, defend, HARASS!, DEFEND!!!!. Welcome to the scrub league. =) We need more peeps to join!

Chris R

So stupid that there is an achievement for killing things with the chrysalis spawn in whatever mission that is, but there isn't one for never spawning them :( And the stupid cocoon took 4 points of damage screwing me out of that one too.

mbmonk

2013-04-13

I am now possibly better than 8% of the people who play HotS! Amazing.

Thanks EJ, Ketch, and everyone else who helped me out.

Chris R

nothing feels better than getting out of bronze.

I think i'm creeping up to gold cause that's all I ever play now.

I'd probably be Gold if I played a few matches every day instead of just Saturday, constantly facing top 8 Silver and some Gold now.

Striek

GW monk.
If I'm not all that interested in the campaign modes are they still the best way to get ready for the multiplayer?
If you're really only interested in multiplayer start there. Ladder. Get placed, work your way up. Fastest way to learn the mechanics and develop your game sense.

In other news I've won 17 of my last 18 ladder games...on SEA :p

The game I lost I accidently loaded all my SCVs at the start. Still should've won but it threw me off badly and it was against an oracle all-in.

Ketch

Thanks everybody! And thanks for all the killer advice!

You guys are all so awesome, taking the time to actually analyze what are probably the worst groan inducing replays, and then being encouraging with actual good advice and shit.

I'm happy I'm actually able to get into this game, I can see myself playing it for a long time. So much more intense then league, and the community is waaaay better
Thats you guys <3

Ketch

Just hellbat drops. I didn't even see it used on proleague, lawl.

Hellbats? HELLBATS?! OMG, I bet you even used marines didn't you? Why don't you invent your own units you copy cat?

Sorry, I'm just practicing for when I get good. Gotta learn how to BM.

Top Bottom