• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Ketch

Man, I just realized that I'm actually really excited for the NA WCS to start, despite the "controversy".

woop, suck it void rays.

How about them sick camera angles?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So many GAFers upgrading in levels!

GJ!!!!!

MrKnives

Anyone been in GOM or proleague studios? I'm wondering if I can get some signs from there where I can write stuff or should I get one myself. Will go there to promote NeoGAF ofc.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone been in GOM or proleague studios? I'm wondering if I can get some signs from there where I can write stuff or should I get one myself. Will go there to promote NeoGAF ofc.
You going to S. Korea anytime soon?

MrKnives

You going to S. Korea anytime soon?

Been here for some time already but was a bit busy doing other things. I'm leaving to Seoul this Thursday to travel around S. Korea but coming back to next month so I can at least catch some ro16 action. Also proleague is a walking distance away from here so I should check that too.

ExReey

Noob question:

is it possible to play 2vs2 with a friend, in Bronze League? Or can I only play with a random team mate?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Noob question:

is it possible to play 2vs2 with a friend, in Bronze League? Or can I only play with a random team mate?

it is! cant remember the exact method of the top of my head, but i think form a party or group first then go to ladder

also WCS europe starting now, first qualifier, over 1000 people signed up

Striek

also WCS europe starting now, first qualifier, over 1000 people signed up
Wow. So many scrubs to plow through I guess :x

Edit: Just had a dumb game I lost...gg'd out with bad mindset thinking 'wow I was dominating that toss all game wtf imbaaaa'...then I went wait a sec I'll check the replay try and learn....I left like 8 medivacs and two vikings that I'd previous used to doom drop his main out of the last fight... would've turned a somewhat close defeat into an overwhelming win -.- Sanity restored.

Zen

Banned
Just popping in to say to everyone that you guys are awesome and SCII/hosts rocks.

Also, we had a gaffer long about during WoL that made a lot of good customs and eventually gave up due to the stupid customs system. Is he still around? Maybe he could port his stuff to Hots and it might get more exposure? :D

FluxWaveZ

Give locust air attack back, or atleast as an upgrade.

That'd be neat. I don't really use Swarm Hosts anymore because I'm always confused how or when I'm supposed to transition from them into something else and it seems that you have to have a very specific number of Swarm Hosts in mind to fit specific situations; not too many or too few.

f0rk

That'd be neat. I don't really use Swarm Hosts anymore because I'm always confused how or when I'm supposed to transition from them into something else and it seems that you have to have a very specific number of Swarm Hosts in mind to fit specific situations; not too many or too few.

You only need like 12-14 and then you transition (normally into Ultras). You should be trying to keep them alive for the late game though.

jersoc

i'm pretty sure i've heard them mention before they have the stuff there for making signs. i think artosis or maybe wolf even showed the bench on a tour vidoe they did like a year ago.

Yoshichan

MOTHER OF GOD, TWITCH ON IPHONE NOW WORKS PROPERLY!!!!

Fina-fucking-lly!

I am having a lot of trouble w/ TvT. I do pretty good against Toss and Zerg, but other terrans confound me. Here is my latest replay. Thanks

http://drop.sc/323806

I know I don't scout very good, I am more focused on macro in the beginning of the game. I think I hung in there pretty good until he got BCs.

Ketch

Hey everybody, I just wanted to post this replay as sort of a Scrub League advertisement.

http://drop.sc/323808

It's a practice game between me and Esiquio (Zeke in game), where we both wanted to try out new builds that we weren't very good at yet, but the resulting match turned out to be really epic for our skill level.

Action in the early game, action in the mid game, epic end game units used by both sides. Multiple harassment attempts by both sides. Whole armies getting crushed. It was just like the HotS opening cinematic. Kerrigan showed up riding a nydus worm and busted out a kamehameha... okay that last one is made up.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome, it was a really intense game that we both really enjoyed. It's a good example of what can happen in the scrub league. So, if you're new, or if even if you've been around forever, scrub league is the place for low tier GAFers to play some low stress games. Get some practice while not fretting about the ladder.

If you're interested PM me, or mbmonk, or anyone else is the scrub league (any of us can invite to the group). Ask around in the regular GAF group in the game, let us know that you want to play, we need more people! Lets all get good together.

PS. If anybody who looks at the replay wants to comment/analyze/suggest, please go ahead. Esiquio and I would both appreciate it =)

Yoshichan

Been here for some time already but was a bit busy doing other things. I'm leaving to Seoul this Thursday to travel around S. Korea but coming back to next month so I can at least catch some ro16 action. Also proleague is a walking distance away from here so I should check that too.
That's awesome! Good luck man!

Ketch

I am having a lot of trouble w/ TvT. I do pretty good against Toss and Zerg, but other terrans confound me. Here is my latest replay. Thanks

http://drop.sc/323806

I know I don't scout very good, I am more focused on macro in the beginning of the game. I think I hung in there pretty good until he got BCs.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but once your opponent decides to turtle up then you can just lock him in there and starve him out. Don't bring your army back to base, rally it to the safe spot right outside of his natural. I don't play terran but if I did I would use siege tanks and vikings to keep him in his base while I expanded repeatedly. The only other thing you need to do besides parking your army where he can't escape is making sure you have vision so he can't escape out the sides. So vikings, and missile turrets I guess.... SENSOR TOWERS!

Don't feel the need to bust down his front door, you'll just be playing into his strategy at that point. Just focus on macroing and maxing out your supply. Once you know you have more bases then him you can safely trade armies and force him to spend his limited resources. You can guess how much minerals/gas he has left by counting how much you have left in your main and natural.

Esiquio

I didn't watch the whole thing, but once your opponent decides to turtle up then you can just lock him in there and starve him out. Don't bring your army back to base, rally it to the safe spot right outside of his natural. I don't play terran but if I did I would use siege tanks and vikings to keep him in his base while I expanded repeatedly. The only other thing you need to do besides parking your army where he can't escape is making sure you have vision so he can't escape out the sides. So vikings, and missile turrets I guess.... SENSOR TOWERS!

Don't feel the need to bust down his front door, you'll just be playing into his strategy at that point. Just focus on macroing and maxing out your supply. Once you know you have more bases then him you can safely trade armies and force him to spend his limited resources. You can guess how much minerals/gas he has left by counting how much you have left in your main and natural.

Love Sensor Towers SO MUCH. Ketch, let's play. MEOW.

Sibylus

Banned
Based sensor towers. Love those fucking things (though naturally not before my map position has been scouted at least once).

StayDead

So here's two games against the most annoying/semi bm player I've ever played. I couldn't help but laugh the second game though. I lost once to his all-in which was fair enough, I wasn't expecting it, but we got matched up again and well, I won late game, but until that point was hilarious.

First game

http://drop.sc/323841

Second game

http://drop.sc/323839

He tried the old "pause game and type has left the game" trick, which hasn't worked on me once, but apparently 1 out of 10 times it works everytime whatever that means. I couldn't stop laughing when he said that :p After his second attempt he sat there for 5 minutes watching me kill all his buildings and then tried pausing it again.

Ketch

So here's two games against the most annoying/semi bm player I've ever played. I couldn't help but laugh the second game though. I lost once to his all-in which was fair enough, I wasn't expecting it, but we got matched up again and well, I won late game, but until that point was hilarious.

First game

http://drop.sc/323841

Second game

http://drop.sc/323839

He tried the old "pause game and type has left the game" trick, which hasn't worked on me once, but apparently 1 out of 10 times it works everytime whatever that means. I couldn't stop laughing when he said that :p After his second attempt he sat there for 5 minutes watching me kill all his buildings and then tried pausing it again.

Never surrender!

:( No one commented on my nuke. T_T

Praise it you guys! lol

Anyways looking to get into Diamond before the season ends. Also gonna change my Hotkeys since that seems to screw me over sometimes.

I lost vs that toss in the gif because I moved by accident to another part of the map and dropped mules lol. I should post the replay.

The replay

The guy was pretty cool as well.

Getting back into SC2 after not playing for months really b/c of work and I am SOOOO rusty. I mean I wasn't anything to write home about, but I can visibly notice the rust coming off with each game played.

Top Bottom