• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Tenks

I may depending on what I'm doing Saturday. However knowing how badly my anus feels after playing a mid/high Master TvT or TvP I have no false ideals of making it anywhere deep.

Feels like it'll be like the GSL before they made it difficult to stay in Code S. Too easy to stay in, especially with most of the players being invited.

Pretty much. Newcomers moving up through the ranks is one of the best things about this whole concept and this really limits the ability for that to happen. It especially doesn't sit to well considering how many seeds there were.

The prize pool situation sucks for Korea considering there's one less GSL this year and there is no separate OSL. I hope they do get something else other than just 4 individual league tournaments a year.

Well Koreans will probably be winning money from WCS EU and NA as well as the global finals so that makes up for it somewhat.

Still i really hope we see some tournaments besides the WCS especially in Korea. Hopefully this whole things works out well and the prize money might go up in the future as well.

When r u gonna play? Hmm?

I'm waiting for WCS diamond edition.

suko_32

Hmm when is the join date?

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegamin...ason-1-qualifyin/info?mlg_source=wcsqual1info

Registration Starts: Fri 12 Apr 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Registration Ends: Fri 19 Apr 2013, 5:00 PM EDT

Tournament Bracket Play Starts: Sat 20 Apr 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Tournament Bracket Play Ends: Sun 21 Apr 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Tournament Schedule: Saturday 1:00 PM, Sunday 1:30 PM EST

Tournament Type: Double Elimination
Tournament Size: 512 Teams

Minimum Team Size: 1 Player(s)
Maximum Team Size: 1 Player(s)
Players In Match: 1 v 1

Games Per Round: 3

f0rk

I used to think Funday Monday was the beginning of Day9 getting a lot worse as he started focusing on the hero worshipers but since I've started watchig SC2 again it's the only thing I watch from him lol

Tenks

I haven't watched Day Dailies in years ... does he still spew random shit out as RTS fact? I swear to god he put so many bad habits in my brain when I first started playing.

f0rk

I haven't watched Day Dailies in years ... does he still spew random shit out as RTS fact? I swear to god he put so many bad habits in my brain when I first started playing.

When serious he still tries to add what the player is thinking when really they aren't thinking anything or something completely different, but on mondays he just takes the piss out of people so it's OK.

Playing a 4v4 as a group of 3 and giving all the money to the one random is pretty funny.
I wish he didn't have to read what everyone is saying though I can read.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, screw my wrists for now! Gonna be playing till I explode now.

Sibylus

Banned
Electric acupuncture? That is a special level of woo.

Splints aren't bullshit, by the by. Can probably buy one for your wrist if you can't be arsed to make one from rulers and duct tape.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That looks painful as hell ._.

Yoshichan

Alt tabbed to fix my SC2-headphones settings and the two programs fit perfectly.

uvZ1BBt.png

Tenks

Taeja is still on Liquid right? Can they not get the kid some damn healthcare?

He's in Korea he has access to public healthcare. From what I understood Nazgul wasn't too thrilled with his route for treatment but tries to remain fairly hands-off.

Should also note Taeja's wrists are worse than ever

Ketch

It's so cool that GAFers are gonna participate in WCS, best of luck to you all. I wonder if those games are allowed to be streamed? Would love to watch and cheer along.

Wunder

Yeah good luck to all the NA participants! Unfortunately I don't think MLG are going the ESL route with mass broadcasting of the qualifier, they've said they will be only casting like 4 games a day for 4 days out of the massive 512 bracket they have. :[

Is there a centralized place we can watch all the WCS going on?

Pretty confusing as a noob to try and figure out where to watch what cast by who.

Wunder

Is there a centralized place we can watch all the WCS going on?

Pretty confusing as a noob to try and figure out where to watch what cast by who.

No, it's quite disorganized as is. For now you can visit teamliquid.net and on the sidebar to the right there is a bunch of streams in various languages (NASL.tv and WCS EU are the main english ones) that you can click and just watch games. These are currently all qualifier stages though, not the main stuff.

Zyae

Does anyone have any useful advice for MP? I play Protoss, a friend of mine plays Terran. I'm a pretty shitty player, so my strategies are pretty limited. I find it hard to multitask, and I'm pretty bad at unit micro.

What's the best way to use an early game force of zealots/stalkers + sentries for example? How many sentries are considered a good amount in terms of ratio with zealots and stalkers? Are they good for anything other than the defensive shield?

My only other strategy is to build a bunch of Stargates and spam Void Rays. I don't even know why. I think I just like the way they move and attack. It's pretty cool to have concentrated laser spam en mass. Unfortunately that only works when I get them out fast enough and the opponents don't have strong anti-air.

What are good synergies between Protoss and Terran in 2v2 games for HotS?

We played against a Zerg-Terran team yesterday and got totally creamed by the Zerg player alone. He started expanding really quickly, and his initial army was just Queens. After we did an initial attack which seemed relatively successful, he started pumping out Roaches really quickly. Within a matter of minutes he had expanded to 3 different spots on the map, and his creep was covering pretty much the entire map preventing any sort of expansion for anyone else. It was really... painful. Lol. >_<

You generally always want some amount of Sentries with you. Force Fields are key to winning many Protoss ground engagements.

A good Terran Protoss combo is having the Terran go bio with tanks and the Toss player go for Colossus deathball or Air with Zealot support. Really good against almost anything. Terran player can get vikings if the opponents go Colossus or Brood.

Ketch

Can our higher skilled zergs post like their best ZvZ replays? I'm looking at my replays seeing how fast my opponents get speed lings to my base, and I'm wondering how fast somehow who's really good could do it.

ShaneB

I realized yesterday I still have 2 guest passes from my old box copy of WoL, no idea who needs them here, but let me know if anyone wants em!

mackaveli

Finally got promoted to Masters on NA server.

My first Masters. Feels good.

Going to try and get Masters on EU/KR as well.

Maybe I should buy a better mouse/keyboard instead of using regular old keyboards/mouse.

Do you guys find having actual gaming gear increases your play?

Don't really want to spend $200 on them if it won't really increase my skills.

Thanks.

Ketch

Just successfully nydus wormed someone! Too much fun =) He cannon rushed my natural, so I had to! I mean I killed his cannon rush with my drones and lings no prob, but if you're gonna cheese someone you gotta be open to some new experiences... like a giant alien worm spitting up goo in your back yard. It didn't take him long to notice me but I killed all his drones at his main, killed his natural, and then since his 3rd just happened to be on my way back to base I killed that too =) =) I wasn't even planning on going nydus, he just decided to let me leave an overlord in the corner of his base so I took advantage of it, probably sucked to be him. Didn't even get a GG =(

Nice void rays brah, too bad I'm in your base killin all your dudes!

Yoshichan

Not doing that again... Wrists and neck = gg...

jersoc

2-2 tonight, not too bad. won against 2 golds and lost to a stupid stuff on the others. just freakin promote me blizzard if i'm going to keep playing golds

Do you guys find having actual gaming gear increases your play?

Don't really want to spend $200 on them if it won't really increase my skills.

Not really.

If you have a best buy or microcenter near you, it's possible to just buy and try then return to store.

I wouldn't suggest getting new "gamer gear" unless you have the cash to burn or your current stuff breaks.

Ketch

Wth, I'm at the silver league and with each win I'm steadily going from 24 to 28 to 30. Why is that happening???

The other people in your division are playing more then you? Or are just getting more points faster.

When does the season lock? I want to get into top 8 in my division before it does.

Paches

The other people in your division are playing more then you? Or are just getting more points faster.

When does the season lock? I want to get into top 8 in my division before it does.

I think promotions lock on the 20th. Season ends on the 1st.

Top Bottom