• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

zargle

I understand you dont like daybreak, but then why pick it? Just to be in control of the situation? I just feel like, Oz has probably been cannon rushed many, many times. Afterall he is teammates with InControl and Huk.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Paches

I understand you dont like daybreak, but then why pick it? Just to be in control of the situation? I just feel like, Oz has probably been cannon rushed many, many times. Afterall he is teammates with InControl and Huk.

kobe-bryant-reaction.gif

There was no way I was gonna win otherwise. The daybreak game was closer than you might think.

I knew it was close, I was just curious as to your thought process.

So you go to lower bracket now? I hope you get to play the maphack guy. That would be great.

Yep lower bracket time

Just share the replays afterwards, that is more than enough.

I appreciate this, but there isn't really a chance I can make top 8 here. Too many good pros, the bracket has just been really nice to me. So it's cool if I stream, imma stream my lower bracket matches too for you guys.

zargle

I appreciate this, but there isn't really a chance I can make top 8 here. Too many good pros, the bracket has just been really nice to me. So it's cool if I stream, imma stream my lower bracket matches too for you guys.

Well that is very nice of you. I was also worried if it would cause you connection issues. Wouldn't want you to have lost due to lag or something. You had like 80 viewers for the second game.

Edit: Also, you gotta BELIEEEEVE.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
How are they filling out the challenger league anyway? If they're taking 32 from this tournament, you'd think they'd be taking anyone who made it past loser round 8, right? Or are they doing another open tournament for that league separately?

How are they filling out the challenger league anyway? If they're taking 32 from this tournament, you'd think they'd be taking anyone who made it past loser round 8, right? Or are they doing another open tournament for that league separately?

No 24 players are invites. Only the top 8 from this tourney get into challenger.

Wunder

I believe top 8 of this tourney get into Premier Divison (Code S) and the rest of top 32 of this qualifier get invited to a separate qualifier to qualify for Challenger League. I think.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
No 24 players are invites. Only the top 8 from this tourney get into challenger.

No that's priemier league, not challenger.

I believe top 8 of this tourney get into Premier Divison (Code S) and the rest of top 32 of this qualifier get invited to a separate qualifier to qualify for Challenger League. I think.

I thought Challenger was supposed to start with 32 players, just like code A.

Won

They are going to do another one next week for the CL.

Mumei

What are you guys watching now?

What about OG SC/BW maps?

The same.

I mean, there were some weird exceptions such as island maps where there was air-only access to main bases (these became almost completely defunct very quickly in competitive play or maps where the base is set in the low ground and the expansion is set in the high ground (but there's still a ramp entrance) or maps where everything is on the low ground but there's some feature that keeps players apart at the beginning (e.g. Monty Hall; Flash's game against Bisu is one of the more creative cheese builds that exploits that particular map's idiosyncrasies) and even a few where everything is on the low ground and nothing terribly gimmicky about it (e.g. Tau Cross, site of one of my favorite Jaedong vs Flash games), but by far the standard is maps where the main base is on the high ground, with a single ramp entrance that can be walled off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watching Byun versus Stephano was amazing... one of the best SC2 games I've ever watched.

Seriously, two beasts going at it like a mofo.

f0rk

hmmm... what units should I make BEFORE I get the mutas though?

Lings + Banelings!
One of todays games showed the important point that you shouldn't make the switch as soon as your Spire is done as the other player might just add another ling+baneling wave and just run you over.

Striek

Just woke up and realised NA WCS was happening :eek:

Watched the vod of EJ vs. Oz...

I was like OH SHIT HE DID IT but then I was like...wait...wait....why isn't he double-walling? :(

So close, but yeah...I think if you build at least one extra pylon on one side you're guarenteed to get cannons up.

Gl in loser bracket now....imagine a gaffer in WCS.

Mumei

Playing the campaign missions, I find spreading creep to be weirdly satisfying.

I've played very little zerg in the past.

It's very fun! I really like the mission where you have to spread it to Scourge Nests. There's something very satisfying watching your creep spread across the map, especially with Malignant Creep on.

This tournament really blows so far. WCS NA is basically like an extremely watered down GSL. The tournament had a lot of promise but this blows.

I doubt he has faced all that many cannon rushes. Further he is a pro Korean player, is playing standard really all that more likely to provide a win? Especially if you don't like PvP.

So my next match is vs a high gm toss. But looking closely at his account he plays alot of teamgames with the maphacker that beat catz today.

I'm thinking about just not playing the match. high chance of an actual hacker here...

My PvP is all gimmicks right now, so if hes hacking then there is no chance.

Top Bottom