• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

So my next match is vs a high gm toss. But looking closely at his account he plays alot of teamgames with the maphacker that beat catz today.

I'm thinking about just not playing the match. high chance of an actual hacker here...

My PvP is all gimmicks right now, so if hes hacking then there is no chance.

Might as well try, the worst that can happen is you lose. If he does cheat at least you can use the replays to get a hacker banned which is something.

Ketch

Aww man I really thought you had that last one. Guess there's nothing you can do with a DT running around in your base with no detection or no easy way to get detection... =(

GG though man. Total inspiration.

well yeah, sorry for the constant cheese. But when I get thrown my worst matchup and keep getting the map with the easiest cheese on it. I'm gonna go for it.

Anyways thanks for supporting me brosssssss. I truthfully think I just got a lucky bracket.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I missed all of the WCS America qualifiers. Did any Americans get through?

Alicia, TheStC , CranK, and Oz made it out today(all korean)
, with 4 more being decided tomorrow.

Playing and watching mirror matches today made me realize something.

TvT is either Doom drop, Tank play or Reaper all-in

PvP is DTs, Oracle with Stargate units, Mass Blink Stalkers or mass Colossus

ZvZ is Ling+BLing to Muta and then maybe Infestor or Hydra depending on players choice. Rare to see lategame Ultra or BLs.

Kinda funny now that I think about it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Playing and watching mirror matches today made me realize something.

TvT is either Doom drop, Tank play or Reaper all-in

PvP is DTs, Oracle with Stargate units, Mass Blink Stalkers or mass Colossus

ZvZ is Ling+BLing to Muta and then maybe Infestor or Hydra depending on players choice. Rare to see lategame Ultra or BLs.

Kinda funny now that I think about it.

I'd imagine every matchup will eventually devolve into rock paper scissors and mostly mirrored builds over time. I'd imagine it would be almost impossible to make a game with a constantly evolving metagame with so many people working really hard to find the perfect build. Mirrors are just the first to fall to that since they can learn off each other so easily.

That's why I hope new versions of starcraft can be released fairly regularly forever. Its the only way to keep the game strategically interesting beyond just positionally and mechanically.

Ketch

No, would make clumps of banelings pretty useless.

Yea, good point.

So, I did 3 ladder matches, and two of them were vs zerg. It's like the game knows that I hate ZvZ and it just relishes in it, like it's rubbing my nose in it. Stupid game, you don't know me.

Anyway the first match was vs a gold terran and I crushed him handedly, the 2nd game was against a gold random lvl 85! with 3500 some career games! He killed me with a 1 base roach that was super effective.

The last game was vs an unranked zerg who I killed early with ling bling. The first time I ran in on his natural I sent my lings to his drones and my banelings up his ramp, and they ran right into his whole ling force and blew them all up, which was pretty sweet. When I came back for another attack he just gg'd as soon as I got into his base. I watched the replay and I only killed one worker the whole game so I don't think he had to GG right then but oh well, I'll take it!

I'm back into the top 8 in my division, I want to finish the season as number 1. If I can figure out this ZvZ business I'll be good to go. My win rate vs terran is 68%, vP is 57%, and vZ is a lowly 29% (but I'm working on it).

Woorloog

Banned
The same.

I mean, there were some weird exceptions such as island maps where there was air-only access to main bases (these became almost completely defunct very quickly in competitive play or maps where the base is set in the low ground and the expansion is set in the high ground (but there's still a ramp entrance) or maps where everything is on the low ground but there's some feature that keeps players apart at the beginning (e.g. Monty Hall; Flash's game against Bisu is one of the more creative cheese builds that exploits that particular map's idiosyncrasies) and even a few where everything is on the low ground and nothing terribly gimmicky about it (e.g. Tau Cross, site of one of my favorite Jaedong vs Flash games), but by far the standard is maps where the main base is on the high ground, with a single ramp entrance that can be walled off.

Ah, thanks.
I understand why the map design is what it is but still doesn't stop me for wishing something else. I don't like always the same, i like a bit of, i don't know, randomness.

I remember how this manisfested in me in Warcraft 3, i got so utterly bored with the standard way of doing things i tried something i thought as odd or unique (though in retrospect it wasn't, just uncommon). Once i teched to Tier 2 ASAP, before anyone else just to mix things up a bit. Once i took aura as my Hero's first ability instead of mana-using one (Endurance aura with Tauren Chieftain). It was also common for me to take area effect spells for killing enemy troops instead of hero-killing spells (played mostly team games there), much to dismay of my team mates i think.

Whenever i can, i try unconventional and lateral thinking, i hate sticking with accepted metagame, with status quo if there is no evolving metagame.
I think this as a strength, for if i can make it work it gives me almost certainly an advantage.
Of course i should master basic playing as well... i try to run before i can walk...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm uncomfortable with all these mods here now. I can't talk smack about gaf without fear!

I hope to ladder tomorrow. I haven't played since I was ranked #1 diamond.

Mumei

I'm uncomfortable with all these mods here now. I can't talk smack about gaf without fear!

ixjTXYH9jNRTb.jpg

zargle

Just watched the last games from last night, EJ. Good job, boooo DTs. Are you going to register for the challenger qualifier?

AdventureRacing said:
This tournament really blows so far. WCS NA is basically like an extremely watered down GSL. The tournament had a lot of promise but this blows.

Well, this is just the qualifiers, so I think its like watching mediocre up and downs or just normal Code A qualifiers.

Ecto311

Googled but could not find if the ladder was locked. If it is not locked should this be happening?

4L2ADbO.jpg

I have had nothing but golds to go against recently. Was thinking about trying the "leave league" button on the ladder page but not sure what would happen.

Ketch

Googled but could not find if the ladder was locked. If it is not locked should this be happening?

I have had nothing but golds to go against recently. Was thinking about trying the "leave league" button on the ladder page but not sure what would happen.

Ladder is locked as of yesterday. Nice job getting the number 1 spot. After the season is over everyone has to do 1 placement match and then it takes into account your performance from last season so you might get placed higher then gold. Don't leave league, would probably just end up working against you.

You don't have to be number 1 in your division to get promoted either.

4L2ADbO.jpg

your w/l is pretty much 50% right now. You need to try to get it to at least 60% winrate before you will start seeing plat players and eventually get promoted.
Also all that button does is reset your MMR and winloss.

Wunder

your w/l is pretty much 50% right now. You need to try to get it to at least 60% winrate before you will start seeing plat players and eventually get promoted.
Also all that button does is reset your MMR and winloss.

Leave League resets your MMR? Are you sure? I was under the impression it didn't change your MMR at all

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hmm I get 5upload now on comcast. I wonder how much better I can improve my stream now. Might test it out tonight...before it was around 3up and I could do like 720p fine.

sixghost

http://www.twitch.tv/wcs_america

They can not resume the game from the point where his keyboard stopped working. Both players are free to go watch the replay.

Unless Nony wants a re-game instead of the free win, they have to give this to Nony. This is also why you don't do online qualifiers for anything important.

Won

So is that Nonys attempt on a comeback? This is so eerie to see his name in a tournament. Like seeing a ghost. Maybe I just missed something?

Deadman

After he left liquid he said he was carrying on and still wanted to be successful. Hes been quietly laddering and streaming and is getting better. I believe hes currently ~45 NA GM.

Top Bottom