• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Ketch

Aww man daybreak and newkirk city are like my two favorite maps.... the new map with the little bridge reminds of that old star station map with the island inbetween bases.

Also team games were fun, A LOT different then 1v1 though obviously.

Wunder

GOD 2/3 of the new maps are terrible. They should've just popped in the Proleague version of Newkirk, thrown Derelict in and reworked another map. Ughhhhhh

Son1x

J44OSEFJT52T1366936961192.jpg
FFE on third.

mbmonk

Total Biscuit is slaying the Blizzard community manager on State of the Game. He asked about DOTA2 type features and the dude bought up fucking All Stars lol
And the esports team is 4 people

The PR speak was amazing ( a.k.a. vomit inducing )!!! I felt like I heard him speak for 30 minutes yet he said almost nothing that was concrete or of value. It was like listening to a politician speak. :)

f0rk

The PR speak was amazing ( a.k.a. vomit inducing )!!! I felt like I heard him speak for 30 minutes yet he said almost nothing that was concrete or of value. It was like listening to a politician speak. :)

In the end he actually let more slip about All Stars than Starcraft. He basically said that team is working on all the features DOTA2 has, which as far as I know is pretty new information. Whoever said it had come along way from sitting next to Iron Chief or whatever was dead on.

In the end he actually let more slip about All Stars than Starcraft. He basically said that team is working on all the features DOTA2 has, which as far as I know is pretty new information. Whoever said it had come along way from sitting next to Iron Chief or whatever was dead on.

A few too many years late to that party and it really means bugger all to SC2 fans, in fact it's a bit of a worry because it sounds like those features won't be coming to SC2 at all.

mbmonk

True. How sad is that consider it was roughly a 30 minute interview? :).

It was good to hear that stuff 'might' come to SC2. But I would guess the time frame for the integration of that tech into SC2 is going to be when Legacy of the Void releases. If so that is a long time from now. But that is just a guess on my behalf. I hope its sooner.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best Metzen moment? Him talking to himself in one of the content patches in WoW (Thrall and Deathwing).

Ketch

Hey guys, I think I'm starting to get the hang of ZvZ (but now I'm loosing all my ZvTs and Ps!).

I decimated him in this last one, but can someone please criticize this replay? Just tell me how bad I suck, all at once, like a band-aid.

http://drop.sc/327874

DREAMHACK!!!!!!!!!!! I am excite.

I also have like a general higher concept question, maybe it's a bit too specific, but I'll ask anyway. I have these two strategies: this early gas>bling/speedling, and a super late (6min) gas 2 base roach 1/1 push. Right now I'm using the early gas vs zerg and the roach 1/1 vs everybody else. Should I stop doing this? I feel like the late gas roach timing attack just isn't working anymore, the harassment I'm receiving now early game is actually working for my opponent. Where before the harass was poor and easily defended, now I feel like I'm definitely loosing too much to early hellions or reapers. In ZvP, even if I nail the build and the timing, the roaches just aren't doing enough damage to justify the all the work getting there... I can poke and sorta kinda contain, but if they decide to push out I have to retreat.

Anyway, long story short, is the late gas roach 1/1 timing bad? Or more importantly, if I have these two builds at my disposal, how do I know when to do what? Should I just stick with what I'm doing and play more games?

If you cancel research do you get they money back?

Trying to watch the proleague but man it's so boring. 15 minute breaks or something after games where they show nothing but a result screen. No music, no commentary or ads or anything. Then after all that waiting you get to watch them go over the replay and in general just waste lots of time.

I just don't get why SC2 tournaments have to be so long and drawn out.

Steaming ladder for like an hour

http://www.twitch.tv/escapingjail

Might watch for a bit, that terran really couldn't handle those oracles haha.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Made #1 in my Gold division. First game I play after that is against a Zerg. Really tough match. He opens up with 6 really fast lings but good thing I had walled off. He get his expo immediately after those lings finish and tries to get his third but my reaper denies that for a little bit. I got some siege tanks up and took my 2nd while building my 3rd. I thought I was pretty secure but I got rolled by like 50 lings and back into my main I go.

I do a drop which is pretty successful and see he has mutas out. I throw up a bunch of turrets but of course he makes a ton and starts focusing them down. From then it's a constant struggle for me to take bases while fighting these mutas off. SCV's lost, turrets focused down and such. Then the banes come. Then the Ultras. It was tough man. My APM probably has never been that high for that long. 150apm, about 128 effective apm. Slipped on my upgrades unfortunately because I was so taxed.

Turns out the guy I faced was Gold in 1v1(20 more wins than losses) but was a Diamond 2v2 player. WTF? Why would I match against that guy? His apm was reaching 300 during that match. I tried my best but I just couldn't keep up. :/

Hey EJ, do you mind posting your build? I'm not really enjoying PvT at the moment but that build looks fun. Also what do you follow it up with when your oracles don't kill them lol?

Mairu

Trying to watch the proleague but man it's so boring. 15 minute breaks or something after games where they show nothing but a result screen. No music, no commentary or ads or anything. Then after all that waiting you get to watch them go over the replay and in general just waste lots of time.

I just don't get why SC2 tournaments have to be so long and drawn out.

Might watch for a bit, that terran really couldn't handle those oracles haha.

Proleague is that way because it's broadcast on television and they don't have the rights (or something) to broadcast the Korean commercials. I do agree that they should work on more compelling content to fill time on the international stream.

Hey EJ, do you mind posting your build? I'm not really enjoying PvT at the moment but that build looks fun. Also what do you follow it up with when your oracles don't kill them lol?

9 pylon
3 chrono nexus
13 gate
14 gas
15 gas
16 pylon
18 cyber /scout
pylon
stalker/warpgate
Mothership core
stalker
2x cb on gate per stalker
Stargate

Mc's PvT build.

Also thanks everyone who is watching I appreciate it.

I played longer than I usually do today. Won 6 out of 7 games, still in Silver though :(

The game I lost was to a a plat guy, I just KNOW that if I had beat him I would've gotten promoted. ACK, I only lost due to me not paying attention while I was going to attack. :(

Ladder is locked right now, can't get promoted till the 1st.

Aylinato

9 pylon
3 chrono nexus
13 gate
14 gas
15 gas
16 pylon
18 cyber /scout
pylon
stalker/warpgate
Mothership core
stalker
2x cb on gate per stalker
Stargate

Mc's PvT build.

Also thanks everyone who is watching I appreciate it.

Ladder is locked right now, can't get promoted till the 1st.

Locked u say? Maybe it's time I do my placement matches.

Wondering if I should ladder more or wait for the season to end. Still 3 days left so I guess I might as well get #1 Plat in my division. Maybe get my MMR to Diamond level.

Wunder

I don't understand

I think adventure racing was just saying the lock is there so you can really grind your games out, because your MMR is still increasing. So when the new season starts and you have to play another your one placement match to get placed in a new league, you have the potential to go straight to your new league, rather than having to get promoted by playing 'excessive' amounts. Usually in a normal season to get promoted from say silver -> gold you'd have to be top 8 silver and you'd be placed at a mid-top gold level. But getting placed into Gold from your league could mean you're low-mid gold rather than you having to force your way up there.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think adventure racing was just saying the lock is there so you can really grind your games out, because your MMR is still increasing. So when the new season starts and you have to play another your one placement match to get placed in a new league, you have the potential to go straight to your new league, rather than having to get promoted by playing 'excessive' amounts. Usually in a normal season to get promoted from say silver -> gold you'd have to be top 8 silver and you'd be placed at a mid-top gold level. But getting placed into Gold from your league could mean you're low-mid gold rather than you having to force your way up there.

Ahh ok. so I could still become a Plat im terms of MMR but wouldn't see the promotion until the new season. Ok thanks

Ahh ok. so I could still become a Plat im terms of MMR but wouldn't see the promotion until the new season. Ok thanks

Basically it's your chance to really grind the ladder without fear of demotion. Also the turnover of seasons is probably the best time to get promoted. So get on there and kill some zerg and protoss scum :p.

Ketch

Yes, Raynor in the new SC2, and Kerrigan are playing out a love-story that Metzen had in real life with some chick he used to date.

What? I totally missed this, in what reality is any of the Raynor/kerrigan shit possible? Man, maybe the zerg is like, an alagory for STDs... WTF?

"Yea, I knew this chick once. She was pretty hot until she turned into a disgusting alien creature with tentacle hair, and then right before we kissed she floated away to another galaxy to fight ancient plant people."

"That's love bro."

What? I totally missed this, in what reality is any of the Raynor/kerrigan shit possible? Man, maybe the zerg is like, an alagory for STDs... WTF?

"Yea, I knew this chick once. She was pretty hot until she turned into a disgusting alien creature with tentacle hair, and then right before we kissed she floated away to another galaxy to fight ancient plant people."

"That's love bro."

Maybe she left him for someone else or went on drugs or who knows what. I don't even care where he got the ideas from, either way it's embarrassingly bad. In general whilst i hate the story it isn't even the biggest problem, the dialogue is. I could have put up with them ruining the story if it wasn't so cheesy and unbearable to listen to.

Aylinato

Finally got off my ass and upgraded to HOTS. Sooo do Panda and Sp1nter still play?

I see how it is. Boo you too.

"That's love bro."

Not STDs, just how he probably got rejected but metzen thinks, in his mind, that it was for the greater good. Lol. Fail.

Top Bottom