• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Next season 1st May?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, nice. Season 2 hype!!! Also fuck them for removing Daybreak :(...

Ketch

Yea Daybreak and newkirk were my two favorite maps, and the new ones don't look like suitable replacements to me =(

Yoshichan

What's the point of switching maps every season anyway? Is it for the purpose of variation or is it because they're trying to find the perfect balanced maps?

Ketch

I think they're just trying to mix it up. I like the map rotation idea, just wish they weren't removing the maps that I like. But it's alright, hopefully I'll like the new ones.

Yoshichan

What's wrong with a base within your base? I thought it was pretty cool, adds some variation.

Ketch

I think I'm going to start going 3 hatch before gas vs protoss. Anyone have any suggestions for a ZvT build that should be easy to pull off in gold league?

I think really my main issue is just not playing enough.

sixghost

I think I'm going to start going 3 hatch before gas vs protoss. Anyone have any suggestions for a ZvT build that should be easy to pull off in gold league?

I think really my main issue is just not playing enough.
Tips for that style of ZvP:
You need need need to use your first two overlords properly. One near the natural, looking for his gas timings, the second near the main. Send them both into the base looking for gateways or tech at 6:30.

If you see 3 or more gateways warping in and +1 spinning, it's probably going to be some sort of gateway timing. Get ling speed with your first 100 gas, lair with your second 100 gas, then make roach/ling until the attack stops. He'll probably have expanded behind the attack unless it was a 6+ gate all in.

If you see a robo, it's likely to be immortal sentry. I don't actually know the best way to stop this, I just use my first 100 gas for lair (before 7:20), second 100 gas for ling speed, then make swarmhost/speedling to fight it off.

If it's Stargate, first 100 gas to lair, make two spores at each base, get hydra den as soon as lair finished, then make 10 hydras, more if he keeps pumping units out of the stargate.

You should really consider learning Blade's swarmhost/hydra into Viper style. I was god awful at ZvP until I started doing that, now it's my favorite matchup. It's extremely easy to execute too.

Striek

Pro-tip; don't try and kill widow mines with probes before they burrow..
nebMU0a.jpg

Kinda upset right now. Lost 2 games thanks to lag on my end and SC2 crashed while surrendering to the 2nd opponent. Had the perfect engage but lost the battle because I couldn't even control my units. :(

Pretty annoying when you try to join match making and it says downloading 8 or 8 and it says HTTP blah error. Like shouldn't the game patch and have all the files I need? Sad how Blizzard gets a pass on stuff like this while EA gets a kicking.

Pretty annoying when you try to join match making and it says downloading 8 or 8 and it says HTTP blah error. Like shouldn't the game patch and have all the files I need? Sad how Blizzard gets a pass on stuff like this while EA gets a kicking.

Ive never heard of anyone with the error you're having. It's most likely something on your end.

Yoshichan

An oracle kills 5 marines but not 6 right?

Yoshichan

I think its 4 but not 5.
If the toss does a proxy stargate against a terran that FE and then goes for factory based builds, how are you supposed to deal with Oracles and Voids?

Striek

If the toss does a proxy stargate against a terran that FE and then goes for factory based builds, how are you supposed to deal with Oracles and Voids?

Turrets I guess. But gasless expands are kinda useless now since toss has like fifty gazillion potent all-ins now.

Yoshichan

Turrets I guess. But gasless expands are kinda useless now since toss has like fifty gazillion potent all-ins now.
Ah so rax + gas and then CC are the most common builds against toss now? Is it worth going double reaper before transitioning into something else?

Striek

I don't like reapers vs. toss. Unless you proxy you can't really get there well enough before a stalker to do damage, and its really rare that the toss skips the stalker. Although building one off a reactor purely to scout is pretty good.

I've been going reactor, factory, in-base expo, starport all on one gas, then dropping mines or hellions and going from there.

Although I think nexus cannon is ruining the fun of the matchup, since it hard counters like 90% of the potential early-mid game aggression from terran. Necessary to counter medivac boost, but the opposite of interesting from a player and spectator PoV.

Ketch

I heard it takes 9 marines to kill a mothership core

Season ends tomorrow? Does anyone know exactly what time? I have an exam tomorrow, and I want to know if I have to secure my spot in top 8 tonight or if I can wait until tomorrow night to grind a bunch of games.

Edit: Think I found it, season locked on 24 April at 12am PDT, so I assume it'll end on 30 April at 12am PDT...

sixghost

The final missions of the WoL campaign are so damn good. There's a real lack of urgency in the first 20 or so missions, but all the missions on Char are fantastic.

mbmonk

The final missions of the WoL campaign are so damn good. There's a real lack of urgency in the first 20 or so missions, but all the missions on Char are fantastic.

Agreed. I didn't feel like any of the HotS missions matched the Char experience. I really enjoyed the end of WoL.

Is anyone having trouble closing SC2? Each time I try it goes unresponsive which is alright since I'm not playing but it is annoying that it won't close properly.

BTW Whats a good number of Marauders to take out an Ultralisk heavy army?

I usually get around 20, is that overkill?

Also GAF FFA 8PM. Join me for some GAF FFAs. Not GAF night so you don't need to join Mumble but I'll be on Mumble if you guys want to voice chat. You are required to join the NeoGAF chat in game though.

Top Bottom