• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Ketch

[*]I would cut the Roaches out of your early Ling/Bane/Roach/Infestor composition. You'll never have enough gas on three bases to properly balance Baneling, Roach, and Infestor production to use them to their full effectiveness.

=( This makes me sad because it was supposed to be a roach/bling/infestor army all along. You think that's too much gas? Watching the replay when I attacked his front I had 37 lings and only 9 banelings, do you think it would have gone better if I had 37 banelings instead of 37 lings.

I also think I gave up on infestor play way to early. I only had like 2 battles with them in it, and in both the fungals did a really good job of shutting him down.

Ketch

I think Blizzard really cracked down on the leagues this season. A lot of people were demoted.

This is what I thought too, maybe it has to do with the number of people playing now. If a lot of newbies who picked up hots have quit then everyone is going to shift down some..... If the bottom 8% quit then the bottom 9%-16% drop down to become the new bottom 8.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Got some new builds from DeMusliM. I think I'm going to hop on and nail them down. They're a TvZ CC first and then a TvT Banshee build. Pretty cool. He also does a 1-1-1 build that drops marines and mines against all races I believe. Really cool build. Seems pretty advanced though due to the micro intensity. Definitely have to expand my repertoire though.

mbmonk

Man... My weekend trip has just started and I'm already having SC withdrawals.

Maybe watch some tournaments? Dreamhack or WCS? That helps me get through my current withdraw.

Also SC2 shows help ( state of the game, Meta , and Inside the game ).

My extended SC2 vacation should be over in less than a week. I am almost done with same major projects. ...... Can't Wait :)

EDIT: Doh! You are probably on mobile.. nevermind.

Soul Sacrifice has been really distracting me from SC2. Can't seem to put it down. I end up playing bits of it while waiting for the next match lol.

One time I was so into it that I was behind on timing. Ended up winning the match anyways.

StayDead

Maybe watch some tournaments? Dreamhack or WCS? That helps me get through my current withdraw.

Also SC2 shows help ( state of the game, Meta , and Inside the game ).

My extended SC2 vacation should be over in less than a week. I am almost done with same major projects. ...... Can't Wait :)

EDIT: Doh! You are probably on mobile.. nevermind.

Twitch works on mobiles. ^^

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got some new builds from DeMusliM. I think I'm going to hop on and nail them down. They're a TvZ CC first and then a TvT Banshee build. Pretty cool. He also does a 1-1-1 build that drops marines and mines against all races I believe. Really cool build. Seems pretty advanced though due to the micro intensity. Definitely have to expand my repertoire though.

XlCDfkV.png

Can somebody explain to me, why I got placed Bronze #100, when I won all 5 placement matches? I feel betrayed, because I could have just quitted all games and have the exact same result. Why did I even bother?

I had pretty much the same issue. I finished top 8 in gold, In my placement match I got cannon rushed by a protoss, just as I was about to beat it, he surrendered and I got placed in silver. It is a little frustrating.

Ketch

Any body know where I can find the VODs for the gsl "group of death" with life, flash, innovation and parting? I would like to watch them this weekend. No spoilers please, I am totally unaware of the outcomes.

FluxWaveZ

Went 12-13 yesterday. I'm gonna stop playing ranked for a while and watch more videos or read guides relating to the problems I'm facing. Also gotta rethink why I'm playing ranked, 'cause right now I'm not having that much fun.

Zen

Banned
Balance is temporarily out of whack, so I guess it depends. When I was placed in diamond, I had a large win streak that ended up getting me promoted back to master league pretty quickly.

Haha yeah, it was uber weird having to go the distance with a few players that were marked silver. Things seem to have settled down and I've beaten the last 6/7 masters I've faced. I was starting to worry about demotion alley.

StayDead

One thing that surprises me the most is somehow Blizzard managed to (after the beta) end up with a pretty much already perfectly balanced game. All three races have been winning/doing well in tournaments and now people are figuring stuff out, nothing seems on it's own to be too imba to deal with on it's own.

I'm so glad they did that Broodwar style rebalance patch in the beta when they made most things really strong since it seems to have evened everything out. Tempests seem broken at the moment to deal with with mech, but I can live with that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's good... for now...

One thing that surprises me the most is somehow Blizzard managed to (after the beta) end up with a pretty much already perfectly balanced game. All three races have been winning/doing well in tournaments and now people are figuring stuff out, nothing seems on it's own to be too imba to deal with on it's own.

I'm so glad they did that Broodwar style rebalance patch in the beta when they made most things really strong since it seems to have evened everything out. Tempests seem broken at the moment to deal with with mech, but I can live with that.

PDD's make tempest useless.

Chris R

How do I get the game to work offline? The play button in the launcher never becomes clickable and I didn't see a real exe hidden anywhere in the folders.

I think the reason Ladder has gotten harder is because of the possibility of a second Shoutcraft. People want to get to Top 16 GM and are likely going up the ranks from the bottom for fun.

Is there a way to modify the ini to get a decent V-sync? I want it capped at 60, not random shit like 40. Currently playing without it since it feels way better.

StayDead

Point Defense Drone.

In other news today has been the worst I've ever played. It doesn't help that I feel like I'm playing Broodwar as every single TvP I've played has been some whacky cheese that due to me playing badly I've been dying to. This guy literally broke down my wall with 3 DTs because I completely forgot they existed and I lost the previous game to pretty much probe harass. No matter what I did I could not stop that asshole killing my SCVs, even if I repaired them he just kept coming back and back and back and oh my god it felt worse than broodwar. He also double gas stole me which threw me totally off as I open siege expand every game.

Uuuuugh! I hate when days go this badly. I went 0-5.

FluxWaveZ

I lost to cheese several times today as well. Despite telling myself I was gonna read strategies and watch replays more than actually play, I'm at 10-22 (I'm always around a 50% rate).

So far, I think Klontas Mire TE is a crappy map.

Point Defense Drone.

In other news today has been the worst I've ever played. It doesn't help that I feel like I'm playing Broodwar as every single TvP I've played has been some whacky cheese that due to me playing badly I've been dying to. This guy literally broke down my wall with 3 DTs because I completely forgot they existed and I lost the previous game to pretty much probe harass. No matter what I did I could not stop that asshole killing my SCVs, even if I repaired them he just kept coming back and back and back and oh my god it felt worse than broodwar. He also double gas stole me which threw me totally off as I open siege expand every game.

Uuuuugh! I hate when days go this badly. I went 0-5.

Telling you bro, GMs and High Master are really aiming for top 16 GM.

f0rk

Telling you bro, GMs and High Master are really aiming for top 16 GM.

You're crazy bro, that shit isn't going to affect anything except GMs will play more in the last couple of weeks of a season. If things are getting harder it's because bad players are quitting so everyone gets shifted down.

Top Bottom