• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

StayDead

Maybe post a replay? I can't help you. I suck, but maybe other who do not can?

Oh I know why I lost, I couldn't stop him expanding while I was stuck on pretty much one base worth of mining the whole time due to my bad positioning decisioning. Eventually he took the highground above my fourth on Derelict Watcher with Tempests and it starved me out. I didn't play particularly well anyway, it was more wondering if he noticed me do anything awful at the time.

mbmonk

Oh I know why I lost, I couldn't stop him expanding while I was stuck on pretty much one base worth of mining the whole time due to my bad positioning decisioning. Eventually he took the highground above my fourth on Derelict Watcher with Tempests and it starved me out. I didn't play particularly well anyway, it was more wondering if he noticed me do anything awful at the time.
oh. apologies :)

Ketch

So I built 2 macro hatches and then never added them to my hatch hotkey.... having 30 larvae and no units is pretty awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welcome KrPiper!

Zen

Banned
Why is idra's stream still so popular? He's fallen so far I hardly ever recognize any of the players with which he gets matched. It's hard to imagine all those people watch to see him cuss and complain after losing.

His stream has been declining in popularity, to be fair.

Idra is auto leaving every game against Demuslim on ladder, haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We believe in you man!!

Was there any reason not mixing in a few HT's in that skytoss army of yours vs. zerg you played before getting lunch?

I had already won just by getting the ball at that point. Max airtoss/with 4-6 carriers + upgrades beats max hydra/infestor with upgrades. But yeah HT's would have been good to addon. Thanks.

If you didn't notice I scouted what the remax was a couple times.

Edit:

Also over a two hour period of tons of losses and no bonus pool I've still managed to up my points from 360 to 415.

I need 185 more before 3am tonight to even have a small chance for GM. LETS GOOOOO.

suko_32

I had already won just by getting the ball at that point. Max airtoss/with 4-6 carriers + upgrades beats max hydra/infestor with upgrades. But yeah HT's would have been good to addon. Thanks.

If you didn't notice I scouted what the remax was a couple times.

Edit:

Also over a two hour period of tons of losses and no bonus pool I've managed to up my points from 360 to 415.

I need 185 more before 3am tonight to even have a small chance for GM. LETS GOOOOO.

Ah I see.

I was catching glimpse here and there and didn't see the entire end. I figured you could do almost anything at that point and win and didn't bother with HT's because of that.

Holden

=(

pics-3-okay-okay-face-img.jpg

StayDead

Played a load of ladder games today and lost a load, but played a load of TvZ practice games and I feel much, much more confident again <3

Ya I couldn't do it, gotta up my skill over the next two months. I'll probably get it at the next season.

Still imma play alot of games over the rest of this season to improve. GG's

Also I love each and everyone of you.

Ya I couldn't do it, gotta up my skill over the next two months. I'll probably get it at the next season.

Still imma play alot of games over the rest of this season to improve. GG's

Also I love each and everyone of you.

I can say with confidence that you have one of the better streams. You and Nathanias are the head Protoss and Terran underdogs on Twitch right now. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll hit GM soon.

Ketch

Just finished Suppy vs Heart game 2.... HOLY. CRAP. What a game.

Somebody told Suppy that roach is a good unit.

krpiper

So I played a bit today and I got my first win! Granted it was Easy AI....but it counts for something right? and it was Terran vs Protoss

sixghost

Is it just me, or is the current trend of TvZ builds insanely weak to roach timings once their hellions are out?

I've been doing two base timings off maybe 33-35 drones to break the depot wall in the natural, and it seems like every single game a huge amount of damage gets done. If they go quick 3rd CC after factory it's almost a free win. Maybe low masters terrans just aren't great at scouting and reacting, but you even see these types of builds doing well in pro games.

You can even add a third gas and baneling nest which will just end the game most of the time if they are too greedy.

I guess they are supposed to use the reapers to get perfect scouting, but it's really tough to get a decent scout if zerg opens hatch gas with ultra quick ling speed. 8 or 9 times out of 10 it gets unscouted.

Yoshichan

So I played a bit today and I got my first win! Granted it was Easy AI....but it counts for something right? and it was Terran vs Protoss
Grats on both wins man! You go at'em!

Ketch

Is it just me, or is the current trend of TvZ builds insanely weak to roach timings once their hellions are out?

I've been doing two base timings off maybe 33-35 drones to break the depot wall in the natural, and it seems like every single game a huge amount of damage gets done. If they go quick 3rd CC after factory it's almost a free win. Maybe low masters terrans just aren't great at scouting and reacting, but you even see these types of builds doing well in pro games.

You can even add a third gas and baneling nest which will just end the game most of the time if they are too greedy.

I guess they are supposed to use the reapers to get perfect scouting, but it's really tough to get a decent scout if zerg opens hatch gas with ultra quick ling speed. 8 or 9 times out of 10 it gets unscouted.

So are you going speedling into roach/infestor? this is what I want to do, but I fail because I don't use my infestors well.

I tried playing a bit of the SC1 in SC2 campaign today, and I fail so hard on the terran siege tank mission. Even on easy. Terran macro is so foreign to me now that I've played so much zerg... how do you deal with more then one production building? It feels so clumsy for me.

Protoss is ridiculous with their nexus cannon.

Their one base attacks are seriously hard to deal with too. I was only successful against a gateway + VR push thanks to 4 rax and 3 bunkers.

If I don't see a protoss go for a expo, I'm just gonna go 4 rax with bunker. Forget the factory.

Had a pretty bad night. Gonna need to play more and work on my micro.

Wunder

Yup, 2 base bane busts or roach timings will wreck a Terran going 3CC, which almost all Terrans do these days. It's tough, because you don't always see the roach warren, and you need quite a bit to defend it. The only real tip-off I have is if I get to see the zerg continue to mine gas past 100 and constant scouting with my hellions at the Zerg's front. The second I see roaches or a lot of lings I start making widow mines and maybe another bunker. I still lose to this stuff, and I don't even go 3CC.

Yup, 2 base bane busts or roach timings will wreck a Terran going 3CC, which almost all Terrans do these days. It's tough, because you don't always see the roach warren, and you need quite a bit to defend it. The only real tip-off I have is if I get to see the zerg continue to mine gas past 100 and constant scouting with my hellions at the Zerg's front. The second I see roaches or a lot of lings I start making widow mines and maybe another bunker. I still lose to this stuff, and I don't even go 3CC.

I just 3 CC with tanks now. Much more safer. The 2 WM you can get can go towards a tank minus tech lab of course.

Striek

D'awww, APM is back to the old standard. From 300 to 110-120, feels bad man. From more EAPM than almost all my opponents to less.

Top Bottom