• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Deadman

This part

This is why it was never really an issue for us that Greg can be rude to his opponents in games, or that he usually speaks his mind very bluntly and directly. But, to us, there's a very big difference between a player being disrespectful to an opponent in a ladder match, and a player being disrespectful to the entire community of people who, via their own enthusiasm and passion for the entertainment product he creates, actually make his profession possible.

Makes it sound like his comment on TL yesterday is the direct reason for this

FgezXgU.jpg

He posted that in his own fanclub thread

Won

And I just wanted to say that EG really needs to consider kicking him, now that his attitude became poisonous for the team itself.

f0rk

Slasher is such a dick lol, they just basically said there was a very good chance Idra would just quit the game now then Slasher comes in like 'AIGHT LETS PLAY THE TEAM GUESSING GAME'

ghst

thanks for the laugh
he'll just take some time without his team to recuperate and remember why he loved starcraft in the first place, ascending to greater heights than he ever dreamed possible.

y'know, like nony.

RayStorm

Slasher is such a dick lol, they just basically said there was a very good chance Idra would just quit the game now then Slasher comes in like 'AIGHT LETS PLAY THE TEAM GUESSING GAME'

Perhaps I live in a fantasy world, but it's just a job. Not like anyone was hurt or killed.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
:O

Holy shit. This is fucking nuts. Can't say he didn't deserve it though.

edit: This kiinnda deserves its own thread.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
jp has vods for subscribers only...meh guess Ill have to wait to see reaction.

Are all of JPs subscribers mods? Watching the chat circle jerk is ridiculous
His only source of money is from twitch/youtube now. Got to keep those subs

This part

Makes it sound like his comment on TL yesterday is the direct reason for this

FgezXgU.jpg

He posted that in his own fanclub thread

Probably was. Heck that entire comment not only means he has no respect for his fans and anyone that plays this game, but also thinks EG is a cash cow to be milked. I mean sure, we all go to work every day for money but I bet if you went to work and told your boss/co-workers and customers that they are all fucks you just use so you can make you a living you are not going to have a job.

I can't believe Machine lasted longer on EG than Idra lol. It's a crying shame Panda isn't here to discuss this with us :(

I'd imagine Idra is done with SC2. He'll probably stream for money but that's about it. He clearly doesn't like the game and isn't interested in getting better. I still don't understand why he's all butthurt at DeMuslim either.

I stopped being an Idra fan at that MLG a couple years ago when he completely gave up against MC. That was such a craven, childish move that I couldn't support him anymore; before that I watched his VODs all the time, cheered for him, etc.

2012 was basically dominated by Zergs with heavy Infestor play, yet Idra has spent the entire time failing and blaming it all on cheese or race imbalance. As I said a few days ago, it's clear he feels entitled to success due to the hard work he put in during BW, and and players who didn't bust their ass in Korea back then earn no respect in his eyes. I remember when he used to dismiss Stephano as a cheesy player who just so happened to find a cool build, and "any day now" Koreans would figure him out. That was early 2011 iirc lmao. He didn't adapt to the new styles Stephano ushered in while other players (Nestea and Leenock come to mind) fiddled around with it to success.

He's done. He's probably too proud to accept the low amount of money another team would offer him.

f0rk

As I said a few days ago, it's clear he feels entitled to success due to the hard work he put in during BW, and and players who didn't bust their ass in Korea back then earn no respect in his eyes.

I think this sums up why he has a problem with Demuslim as he is now better than Idra while not being in Korea which I can see Idra previously using as self justification for getting no results.

Ketch

Guys it's clearly not Idra's fault he got fired.... that game is just stupid anyway. Protoss is just so OP that they a-moved over his whole career.

f0rk

I wonder if EG will look to replace him at all. Not even from a tournament perspective, they need people to go rep sponsors at PAX or whatever

Ketch

So it's all artosis's fault for getting Idra to play zerg...

Yea, I don't know... whatever. It's just definitely not Idra's fault. Clearly. I mean he hasn't lost a legit game in years.

UGH I am SO bad at this game. Loosing to silvers and unranked.... =(

What I choose to do with my army is always wrong. I always try to go after his base when I should be going after his army.

Zen

Banned
I can't believe Machine lasted longer on EG than Idra lol. It's a crying shame Panda isn't here to discuss this with us :(

I'd imagine Idra is done with SC2. He'll probably stream for money but that's about it. He clearly doesn't like the game and isn't interested in getting better. I still don't understand why he's all butthurt at DeMuslim either.

The truth hurts.

Will for sure be checking out all the SCII EG streams in the near future to see anyone commenting.

Also, idra being allowed to be Idra was one of the things that really rubbed me the wrong way about EG, this move has actually helped my perception of their organization.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It was only a matter of time.

Go find something new IdrA, you're done here.

Mr Swine

Banned
Guys, I want your opinion on a idea to "fix" widow mines! Going to post this on Battles.net but I want to hear if its good or not ;O

Problem Widow Mines face are:

1: Long cool down: it's 40 second cool down is a bit ridiculous even if it one hits several units with its high burst damage. It's overall dps is very low (think its 3-4dps)

2. Short range: several units can with help of detection wipe out a whole army of widow mines like nothing. Even if you unborrow them and burrow right in front of them you will still lose all your widow mines.

3: too good in low league ranks and to bad in high league ranks. It does to much damage, kills a lot of units and its very cheap when used in low league rankings. People have a hard time facing them. But at the same time they are worthless in high leagues since people know how to kill them with ease

So to fix this I think it would be good with a long range mode (Siege mode)

1. Reduce its cool down to 25 from 40: Will help the unit be more of a harass unit and in positional play where placing widow mines are important. Research Drill Claws to reduce CD to 20 from 25

2. Starts with range 7: Widow mines start with range 4 in normal mode while range 7 with reduced damage output. Can be upgraded with the +1 range upgrade for Turrets and PF. So it becomes Range 5 and range 8.

3. Does low damage in Siege mode: Siege mode it deals 70 damage + 35 (or 15) shield damage and 20 splash damage from normal modes 125 damage + 35 shield damage and 40 splash. So now 1 Siege Mode Widow Mine cannot kill 1 unit with more health than 70 + 30 for shield damage. It also means that you need 2 Widow Mines to kill a whole army of Zerglings/Banelings. Mutas will also survive from 1 hit and you need plenty more to deal with them. It also makes you choose if you want long range/low damage or short range/high damage.

4. Changing modes will take 10 seconds: you cannot abuse changing from a 40s CD to a 20s CD without having the missile CD stopped until the mode change has been completed

So guys, what's your take on this?

My take is widow mines are one of my favorite units right now and don't need to be touched. How about we focus on so many other units that actually need a change instead of making hasty changes to a unit people are still learning to use.

Draft

Widow mines seem like pretty good units that have a clear purpose and are useful through most phases of the game without being too powerful. Making any sort of big change to them would be premature.

Aylinato

My take is widow mines are one of my favorite units right now and don't need to be touched. How about we focus on so many other units that actually need a change instead of making hasty changes to a unit people are still learning to use.

K, colosi removed and revears put back in. DTs turn into red archons

Ketch

Just set your player color to red.... Then you have all the red archons.

I'm getting a lot better at creep spread. Too bad creep doesn't fucking kill anything.

Top Bottom