• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Ketch

damn it!

Loose all the games

It's not the loosing that's bothering me... it's more like the almost winning but not that really gets to me.

http://drop.sc/333273

I feel like I'm getting better at least... but I'm like 1 for 12 recently... really annoying.

sixghost

I just got hellbat dropped for 15 minutes straight in a ZvT. I retrospect, he was using a ton of resources to do the continued drops, but it just felt like I was impossibly behind the entire game. That's probably the only thing that's felt imbalanced in HOTS so far.

Look at the replies to that tweet...esports figures stick together man.

Yup same with Destiny. Idra literally took a shit on his fans and they still support him, will still buy shit for him (InControl said fans sent Idra a birthday basket worth $1000), and will still cheer him on.

Even Tyler has diehard, apologist fans.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yup same with Destiny. Idra literally took a shit on his fans and they still support him, will still buy shit for him (InControl said fans sent Idra a birthday basket worth $1000), and will still cheer him on.

Even Tyler has diehard, apologist fans.

YOU LEAVE TYLER OUT OF THIS! -.-'''

He at least isnt a douche.

When Idra isn't raging or just plain not being a bad rep of the community, he is actually a good player and is a decent caster.

Its sad to see him quit in matches when he is nowhere close to losing and then posting crap to his fans. Especially the latest one which led to his current situation.

I never personally was a fan of his because I don't follow Zerg players but I did respect his position as a member of EG and the views he brought.

Wish him the best.

Zen

Banned
I found myself agreeing more with Slasher than Incontrol about Idra having an easy time finding a team, even though the unfortunate reality is that I'm probably falling victim to a rational argument in favor or what will actually happen.

It was absurd when Genna (spelling) said she and TB would sign Idra if he moved to Korea. Like... really? His stream numbers have been collapsing, and that thread in TL, along with twitter is so active because people dislike him. This is the guy that people watched to see what petulant thing he'd say next, or how he'd call someone a fag (back in the day). Sure he has his fans, but they are fewer and fewer these days.

So what you're left with is a player with extremely high visibility for the wrong reasons, who has repeatedly said that he hates the game, the fans, and doesn't care about any of it and is only in it for the money. It would be one thing if he was actually showing a willingness to try or win games, but he has shown none of that, and as a hypothetical potential owner, why in gods name would I sign him even if he promised to try and improve, something that he was unable to do with the extremely lenient standards and incredible support of EG, so much so that they've released him? it's tantamount to them saying that they not longer believe in him, or that they can even stop the bleeding of his downward spiral, and why should I believe he'd be any different under my team or do anything but harm my own brand, as he did for EG.

EG has had a lot of shit heaped on them precisely because of their double standards when it came to Idra. Why would I bother hiring a player with poor results and a decreasing stream viewership that logs on to laugh at him when he loses?

Idra refusses to allow himself to win, and if having a psyciatrist for a year hasn't helped stop the deterioration, what will. Game 1 versus polt was a complete example of this as he literally could have A moved at one point, killed a base with minimal loses and remaxed, but he sat there, waiting for Polt to recover and even up the game so that he could GG the second he was under pressure. You can't sign a player with such a terrible mental state, even without accounting for the neagative effect his has on the team if there happens to be someone he feels threatens by.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Worst part is hearing from people how much it seems EG tried to help idra with counselling and constantly warning him about the talk.

But EG still supporting idra (gets a years worth of rent, and still helping him out with stuff)

edit also
lCenIRy.png

Ketch

You know this might actually be a good thing for Idra. That tweet is like the exact type of thing he needs right now.

I don't follow him because I hear enough whining in my real life, but I can imagine that his horrible attitude was compounded by seeing people talkin shit about him... but now this one tweet where he says "thanks" followed by a bunch of replies of people good feelings and well wishes, has got to make him feel good. Ff he can actually humble himself, then maybe he can turn it around.

And if he's almost beating koreans in this horrible state, how good could he do in a good mental frame of mind?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got picked up by alliance(?) naniwa's team.

Zen

Banned
You know this might actually be a good thing for Idra. That tweet is like the exact type of thing he needs right now.

I don't follow him because I hear enough whining in my real life, but I can imagine that his horrible attitude was compounded by seeing people talkin shit about him... but now this one tweet where he says "thanks" followed by a bunch of replies of people good feelings and well wishes, has got to make him feel good. Ff he can actually humble himself, then maybe he can turn it around.

And if he's almost beating koreans in this horrible state, how good could he do in a good mental frame of mind?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got picked up by alliance(?) naniwa's team.

Even at high height he was never beating top koreans, it would be weird to see him picked up by the EG B team.

Ketch

I don't think it would be that weird if EG actually did like him and were only dropping him from the team to save face.

Then they can still take care of their buddy, while also separating the Idra name from the EG name.

Won

I don't care how much you may dislike him but you're kidding yourself if you think he couldn't get himself signed up on another team in a heartbeat.

Signing up is the easy part. The question is if Idra will follow up whatever the team demands for what is probably a much smaller pay check.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Idra blowing my mind.

Zen

Banned
I don't care how much you may dislike him but you're kidding yourself if you think he couldn't get himself signed up on another team in a heartbeat.

When it would involve guarantees over EG that he seemed obviously incapable of delivering upon. The sad reality is that he will be signed, now that he should be in a merit based environment or by team owners looking for a good investment.

sixghost

No he says he'll talk about everything on a 'real' talk with JP tonight. And in this context real means JP will check what questions Idra doesn't want to be asked

Was JP internet famous before he started casting for MLG? I can't figure out why that guy is popular.

Deadman

The thread announcing idra being released on TL has over 800k views. 200k more than the thread for mlg winter championship final day.

Ketch

I actually won a game earlier today! Holy crap... but then I also lost 3 games soooo.... Pretty much doing exclusive ling/muta now... not sure how I like it.

Watching Idra's stream right now while I work on my calculus. Never actually watched him before, he's not acting like how I imagine he would.

Ketch

Trying to watch incontrol streaming a coaching lesson, it's really painful watching the guy he's coaching just like not follow the lesson and then get crushed.

Top Bottom