• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Aylinato

It is a lot of effort to become a pro these days, I think he should focus on promoting and fostering community(he can if he wanted to)

Dosia

Lttp, but I just purchased sc2 and the expansion. Hopefully I can get into this game like I did the original 10+ years ago. I am expecting to get owned for a while, but I don't get too frustrated.

Lttp, but I just purchased sc2 and the expansion. Hopefully I can get into this game like I did the original 10+ years ago. I am expecting to get owned for a while, but I don't get too frustrated.

I recommend going thru the single players just to get accustomed to the game engine first.

Then once you finish that you should do all the training mode stages for each race.

Hit up a few vs AI and then you're ready for ladder.

Dosia

I recommend going thru the single players just to get accustomed to the game engine first.

Then once you finish that you should do all the training mode stages for each race.

Hit up a few vs AI and then you're ready for ladder.

Thanks. Yeah I was definitely not planning on jumping into ladder right away. I was at least going to play against the AI to learn the units etc.

Aylinato

That one and the splits with the Zealots vs Banelings pretty much drove me into another dimension of insane.

You don't get through all those damn challenges without developing at least an extra one or two personalities.

The zealot one is easy once you past splitting the first 3 zealots off. You just gotta watch the last two when u get towards the end.

sixghost

Is there any way to play the challenge maps in Faster rather than Fast? Some of those sound fun, but I cannot stand playing the game at that slow a speed.

Ketch

Despite my rediculous amount of losses this season, I'm definitely getting better at the game. I've been going back and beating all the campaign on brutal now, no sweat.

Also I won 2 games back to back, movin up to 15/21

Zen

Banned
Alright I'm going to start posting replays soon, I think the main thing holding me back is how sloppy I am and my bad memory means that I don't have a very deep playbook in terms of builds.

But before that this hotkey trick (that using the in game hotkey functions) has me terrified. Its uses for T seem marginal, but it's going to be a nice treat for my Toss and Zerg brothers.

http://youtu.be/V72ax34cxBY

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Despite my rediculous amount of losses this season, I'm definitely getting better at the game. I've been going back and beating all the campaign on brutal now, no sweat.

Also I won 2 games back to back, movin up to 15/21

keep it up!

SamuraiX-

Hey, has there been any news for MLG Anaheim (Spring Championship) 2013??

I really wanted to go this year but I can't find passes on MLG's website and they haven't even announced qualifiers for the tournament... :(

f0rk

It means MLG and ESL have to think about how to structure their season as previously they could link them by whatever point/qualifying structure they want but now they have to devote several events to WCS finals which aren't necessarily at the times they normally hold events (I think?).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So IdrAs not gonna play in competetitive settings anymore?

SamuraiX-

I think WCS makes MLG championships impossible for SC:2
No it doesn't.

People are still able to run events outside of WCS times which is weekends :p
It means MLG and ESL have to think about how to structure their season as previously they could link them by whatever point/qualifying structure they want but now they have to devote several events to WCS finals which aren't necessarily at the times they normally hold events (I think?).
Wasn't Wcs regional finals in their studio?

I'm gonna be so sad if they cancelled it. :(

On another note, is anything having trouble getting the StarCraft II launcher to start? When I try to open the game, I just get stuck on the "Checking for updates..." screen. :-/

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So IdrAs not gonna play in competetitive settings anymore?

He's an outstanding analytical commentator, and he always seems much more positive and generous toward other players in his casting, so maybe not a bad idea?

Maybe he'll just end up relying on stream viewers, like Destiny or something. I hope not, because frankly him streaming is him at his worst..

It was not like he was winning GSL sometimes soon anyway, But I have always liked him, and been fascinated by his personea dramatica in the sc2 esport community, so hope he'll stick around!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
He is a good caster so he will get jobs that way easily, even more since he is in the sc2 esports circle and friendly with most other casters.

Ketch

record%20so%20far.png

Finally getting out of my slump. Seriously went like 0/13. I almost just got the 5 in a row achievement, but I lost a ZvZ to a roach all in... which I don't know how to stop. I guess you make roaches of your own?

At 247 total life time games. I should easily get to 300 this season. I think I've already played way more then last season, so that's a good sign. Finals coming up in like two weeks though so.... guess I'm just gonna have to settle with low C's in all my classes =)

Edit:

Roach/baneling destroys terran bio. It's so good. I don't think it's an all in, but I don't really know what I would follow it up with, muta or infestor I guess. My attack normally hits at 1/1/2 for upgrades... not sure if that's right either.

xmShake

Neo Member
record%20so%20far.png

Finally getting out of my slump. Seriously went like 0/13. I almost just got the 5 in a row achievement, but I lost a ZvZ to a roach all in... which I don't know how to stop. I guess you make roaches of your own?

At 247 total life time games. I should easily get to 300 this season. I think I've already played way more then last season, so that's a good sign. Finals coming up in like two weeks though so.... guess I'm just gonna have to settle with low C's in all my classes =)

Edit:

Roach/baneling destroys terran bio. It's so good. I don't think it's an all in, but I don't really know what I would follow it up with, muta or infestor I guess. My attack normally hits at 1/1/2 for upgrades... not sure if that's right either.

For ZvZ roach allin you need to scout it before he moves out and make a bunch of spines. Then you can tank with lings and heal with queens until your mutas come out.

Zen

Banned
He's an outstanding analytical commentator, and he always seems much more positive and generous toward other players in his casting, so maybe not a bad idea?

Maybe he'll just end up relying on stream viewers, like Destiny or something. I hope not, because frankly him streaming is him at his worst..

It was not like he was winning GSL sometimes soon anyway, But I have always liked him, and been fascinated by his personea dramatica in the sc2 esport community, so hope he'll stick around!

He's going to go the Day[9] Route minus daily's being his main thing, subscription membership, putting up educational videos, playing games with fans, and doing casting/commentary.

His mini real talk is pretty funny in how oblivious he is to his own problems (talking about how his insults are just him joking, yeah no, you say this shit because you're furious at yourself and you take it out on other people because you're a shit head, I know I've been there - or how he dropped the sports psychologist after their first meeting), but this is a much better space for him to be in and he'll probably be much happier going forward even though it doesn't seem like he's be acknowledging his issues anytime soon.

Bonus points for: 'well who didn't like me just decided to latch onto that comment to get me in trouble and it's not my fault really because everyone misunderstood'. People didn't just wake up one day and decide not to like Greg because his face looks funny. He's responsible for the monster he has actively courted and fostered.

"I was just trolling the forums - not trolling - I mean browsing"

Or getting caught up on 'well I still mean it to people who aren't real esports fans (who don't like me), those fucks-' to the point where he realized he had to drop it.

His analysis of game 1 completely glossing over rhow he could have won it easily earlier by just attacking the middle base and crushing Polt, and then easily re-maxed on his huge bank and pushed his advantage to deny the bottom 4th and center bases continuously.

profit

Posted yet? StarCrafts (Season 2) Episode 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbW-BtfZAnc

Dont think so, thanks for sharing!

Also I've been laddering the entire day yesterday. Lots of bad games, but ever since I've tried to take lost games as a positive, I've been really "enjoying" losing and going into the replays, discovering where I did wrong and fixing it in the next games.
Been promoted back into gold a few days ago and overall I've been doing pretty well there, even got faced against diamond players lately, although my losing streak yesterday most likely pushed my MMR down.

Was facing a lot of Terrans yesterday and I've been dying a lot too early contains, I really should produce a defensive tank in the future, that would shut down that contain so easily since mostly I'm ahead in supply against all of my opponents.

I also had a pretty proud moment in a TvP, where I adjusted my composition to what I saw (zealot, stalker, collosi), and I just crushed his deathball. I made the mistake of pulling back for a few minutes after doing that and letting him catch up with mass Archon because I didnt identify the templar tech.

I think my biggest problem at this moment is TvZ, where the Zerg goes ling, bling, muta. I'm so affraid of fighting against his banelings. I've actually done some nice splits where I get all of his banelings (mixed with mines offc), but I just dont follow it up.

Next few days I'm really going to try and be more agressive, since my macro mostly is tons better (I'm mostly 50 - 60 supply ahead of my opponent), I still lose most of my games because I'm too passive.

Played a Diamond player today. :)

Lost but wow it was fun knowing my MMR is increasing to that level.

Hellbat drops are good too I found out.

BTW Its been a while, you guys wanna do a GAF night this Wednesday? I'll host!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
profit, I just frikkin' love these updates from you (and other dedicated players). Keep this up, this is 100x more entertaining than the usual crap that goes on here :lol

air toss imba, nerf dat shit. also viper/hosts needs massive tuning asap. blizzard fix my game now

profit

Played a Diamond player today. :)

Lost but wow it was fun knowing my MMR is increasing to that level.

Hellbat drops are good too I found out.

BTW Its been a while, you guys wanna do a GAF night this Wednesday? I'll host!

NA or EU? I'd love to join, but if its NA, you guys most likely will play on a time when I cant :(

Yoshichan

NA or EU? I'd love to join, but if its NA, you guys most likely will play on a time when I cant :(
Speaking of that, why have we never played each other/with each other and trolled 2v2s or something?

:( Yeah its NA. Maybe we can manage it. I believe there is a 6 hour difference between EST and where you live right?

Wednesday is Gran Turismo day so I dunno about holding it early.

Top Bottom