• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Son1x

Because you never respond to my messages on battle.net.. In case you dont know Im Tom Vervack in your friends list

Well not like you do :D I've asked you a question or two before on the NeoGAF group chat.

Besides, more than 50% of the time I log on, theres no one online, even among those that are a part of the group but not in the chat.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Because you never respond to my messages on battle.net.. In case you dont know Im Tom Vervack in your friends list
Wait, YOU are Tom Vervack?! Fffffffffff, thought you were some random old WoW-friend ._.

profit

Well not like you do :D I've asked you a question or two before on the NeoGAF group chat.

Besides, more than 50% of the time I log on, theres no one online, even among those that are a part of the group but not in the chat.

Oh shit, my bad man :( I'll try and respond more! And if I dont respond, just shoot me a PM!
Which reminds me, Battle.net does not have an "mail" system of some sorts right? They should implement that!

Yoshichan said:
Wait, YOU are Tom Vervack?! Fffffffffff, thought you were some random old WoW-friend ._.
Nope, its me! Doesnt my SC2 name stand next to my Real ID?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nope, its me! Doesnt my SC2 name stand next to my Real ID?
I don't even frikkin' now anymore... B.net is stupid ._.

Yoshichan

Well, lets play a game tonight if you are up for it? :)
Anyone else on EU want to join?
I can't tonight ._. House renovation all week :(

fatty

With this thread being in the Community forum, I keep forgetting to check it as often.

Can someone post that pic from a Gaf game where someone requested a scan because of a DT but was sent mules? I figured it would be in the OT but didn't see it. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, found it in another thread.

StayDead

Nice job man, good to see all those wins.

Looks like you might want to veto Derelict Watcher with all the losses you have on it.

I hate that map personally. So good vs Zerg but man is it tough vs Protoss. They have so much open area with colossus and storm. The ramp is a bit too large for my liking. Which is why lots of Protoss use it in Proleague.

I got like 10 derelict watcher losses in a row when I first got back so my win/loss ratio on that map is awful.

I quite like it for my mech though so I just need to practice a bit more on it I think. ^^

profit

Why do I keep dying against Zealot, Stalker, Core pressure in the early game! Goddamn I know that its coming, I'm actively scouting his forward pylons and keep denying them, I get two bunkers down but I'm always too slow pulling SCV's to repair... I should really hotkey some SCV's every time I face a Toss.

Edit: FUCK THIS! Anyone have the same issue sometimes when they are in a game, all of a sudden your keys dont work? I'm specifically talking about the "a" button. Example: I'm macroing up, want to build marines and all of a sudden my a button doesnt work anymore, but Q does..... Just lost two games wanting to engage a Toss deathball, pressing A to move in and attack and it does nothing, my units just run in....
Its not that the keyboard is broken, I've tried three different keyboards and with all of them it happens just randomly during games.

Why do I keep dying against Zealot, Stalker, Core pressure in the early game! Goddamn I know that its coming, I'm actively scouting his forward pylons and keep denying them, I get two bunkers down but I'm always too slow pulling SCV's to repair... I should really hotkey some SCV's every time I face a Toss.

Edit: FUCK THIS! Anyone have the same issue sometimes when they are in a game, all of a sudden your keys dont work? I'm specifically talking about the "a" button. Example: I'm macroing up, want to build marines and all of a sudden my a button doesnt work anymore, but Q does..... Just lost two games wanting to engage a Toss deathball, pressing A to move in and attack and it does nothing, my units just run in....
Its not that the keyboard is broken, I've tried three different keyboards and with all of them it happens just randomly during games.

You might want to run the repair client. That or contact Blizz. It sounds serious.

profit

You might want to run the repair client. That or contact Blizz. It sounds serious.

Repaird multiple times. Guess I should contact Blizz about it.
First I figured it had to do with the alt key, because when the game is starting up, and I alt tab out; I cant put in numeric keys, but pressing the alt key again enables them again. But no dice in game.... Also, sometimes the keys just stop working in game but not all of them; I can select control groups but I just cant use alphabetic keys.... Shit suck I'm just going to bed starting to get pissed off and that means its quitting time.

Ketch

If you push enter and chat does the letter "a" work? Have you changed any hot key options in the menus? That sounds like a really shitty issue. I know I would be pissed.

profit

If you push enter and chat does the letter "a" work? Have you changed any hot key options in the menus? That sounds like a really shitty issue. I know I would be pissed.
Well, if my a function switches to q, a in chat works if my memory serves me well. If all my letter keys die out, I van press enter, but I cannot type anything. So its impossible to communicate the problem to my opponent, I have to just quit out.... I had the problem since the launch of WoL. Its also a big reason (offcourse it was not the only thing) I was stuck in bronze silver for so long because I had to quit out of so many games. Its been a while since I had the problem so Ive been increasing in rank. But tonight I think I had to quit out of 5 games in a row because I just could not build anything properly.

caesar

Banned
idra and demu just met on ladder, idra won surprisingly. but wow, the drama in chat was so tasty. i had to have both streams at the same time for maximum salty tears.

SamuraiX-

idra and demu just met on ladder, idra won surprisingly. but wow, the drama in chat was so tasty. i had to have both streams at the same time for maximum salty tears.

From the sound of people in DeMu's chat who were also watching IdrA's stream, seems like Greg really enjoyed that victory.

Stephano leaving is a big hit to the foreign scene and even sc2 in general. Sc2 esports is fragile and it needs characters like him to keep people interested. The fact that he was so good for 2011-2012 was just the perfect storm, was he possibly the best ZvP in the world at that point? With him and Idra going who's left that fits the mold? naniwa maybe? suppy's emerged a bit but it's pretty bleak otherwise.

StayDead

Stephano leaving is a big hit to the foreign scene and even sc2 in general. Sc2 esports is fragile and it needs characters like him to keep people interested. The fact that he was so good for 2011-2012 was just the perfect storm, was he possibly the best ZvP in the world at that point? With him and Idra going who's left that fits the mold? naniwa maybe? suppy's emerged a bit but it's pretty bleak otherwise.

Stephano kind of said he was going to retire like last year. He really didn't care about the game all that much, just the money.

Good luck to him in the future, but I think there's much better people to look up to in the foreign scene to do well, it's just Stephano shined first.

Scarlett for example I'd say is as good as Stephano was and Stephano has been falling off a bridge for quite a while in terms of skill/wins.

Oh for sure, I meant his character was the 'best', he was always relaxed in interviews compared to basically all the other pros who come across nervous and awkward as fuck.

Anyway, really any pro player staying full time esports beyond their 21st birthday is taking a huge risk, I mean do they not think of what career they'll have when they hit 25-28??

Well this gives EG a chance to get some new fresh talent into their pool. They have had the same players since their beginning with 3 or so additions over time in the SC2 scene.

I hope they don't just aim for Koreans like they did for Jaedong.

EG needs a good Korean Terran beside Alive and a good foreign Zerg.

SamuraiX-

Well this gives EG a chance to get some new fresh talent into their pool. They have had the same players since their beginning with 3 or so additions over time in the SC2 scene.

I hope they don't just aim for Koreans like they did for Jaedong.

EG needs a good Korean Terran beside Alive and a good foreign Zerg.

TaeJa is still very good and he's only 18. The team just needs to make him rest up his wrists for a while and he'll be back in prime form in no time.

As for Zergs, I think Suppy is definitely on the rise and he'll be a huge fan favorite foreigner in no time.

TaeJa is still very good and he's only 18. The team just needs to make him rest up his wrists for a while and he'll be back in prime form in no time.

As for Zergs, I think Suppy is definitely on the rise and he'll be a huge fan favorite foreigner in no time.

Taeja is team liquid bro.

Suppy doesn't play much that I forgot he was even a EG member lol.

SamuraiX-

Heart of the Swarm Balance Update – May 13, 2013

Blizzard Entertainment said:
A little over a week ago, we requested your help in testing a few proposed balance tweaks for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm by playing with each change on our new Balance Test Map. After reviewing your thoughts, gathering pro player feedback, examining ladder stats, and watching lots of tournament matches, we're ready to move forward with a balance update.

Today, we’ll be implementing the following balance change for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm multiplayer:

Zerg

• Spore Crawler damage increased from 15 + 15 vs. biological to 15 + 30 vs. biological
If you'd like to read more on the reasoning behind this change, feel free to check out David Kim's recent forum post, in which he provided his team's thoughts on StarCraft II balance after reviewing test map results and feedback.

As always, thank you for play testing the changes we proposed with the most recent Balance Test Map. The extensive testing and quality of feedback you've provided have allowed us to make this call, and we look forward to sharing more of our thoughts on StarCraft II balance with you in the future.

Glad they didn't go through with the Oracle buff.

So Spores now do 45 damage at a rate of 52 dps to Overlords/Overseers, Mutas, Corruptors, Vipers and Brood Lords.

lawd

FluxWaveZ

Not having read David Kim's reasoning yet, this might reduce Muta wars in ZvZ, but they were already being detracted when Spore Crawlers were present to defend a base, so I'm not sure if it will actually impact all that much.

sixghost

So mutas die in 3 hits from a spore? lol

Time to work on some zvz sim city.
Not having read David Kim's reasoning yet, this might reduce Muta wars in ZvZ, but they were already being detracted when Spore Crawlers were present to defend a base, so I'm not sure if it will actually impact all that much.

I think the difference is now spores will still be effective against mutas once they get higher in number. You won't just be able to fly in and focus the queen without losing a couple mutas.

If they went through with the Oracle buff I would just all in vs toss or build 2 rax and then expand.

5min Oracle is still ridiculous enough to deal with.

Spore crawlers are kinda OP now lol. 45 damage vs air bio, only the Thor does more damage on the ground and thats with 2 shots of 30 each.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think the difference is now spores will still be effective against mutas once they get higher in number. You won't just be able to fly in and focus the queen without losing a couple mutas.

That sounds like it just turns things into an even less exciting muta v muta with the reduced hit and run capabilities and risk taking, but I guess we'll find out over time.

Top Bottom