• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

I don't even know any HotS-cheese as terran... Anyone?

There are a lot of allins with Terran but cheese not so much compared to the other races.

You can do a bunker contain at the Zerg's natural. Make sure to break down the rocks to build a Bunker there.

There is 8rax reaper. Proxy Marauder, Proxy WM, Proxy Banshee, Proxy Ghost rush vs toss BC rush, Thor rush and a couple of others I forget.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
make hellbats make dropships
No cheese ._.
proxy rax, widow mine drops, hellbats... marines

all cheesy.

edit: forgot bunkers
teh hell is going on here :lol Is this cheese nowadays? Back in my day, 6rax all in, proxy 3rax and double stargate builds were all-in cheeses - some some silly drop.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As soon as you que as terran you're already cheesing.
motherofgod

I feel like an outsider as a terran nowadays :(

ShaneB

You new guys should join the GAF scrub league too! we're all (basically just me and monk now) lower skilled who like to play practice matches against each other. JOIN US.

:( I'm sorry. I've moved on for the most part, I just don't have the patience anymore to devote the time to get better. I still like watching though, lol, so I'd probably tag along to a gaf night if they ever happen again.

Ketch

:( I'm sorry. I've moved on for the most part, I just don't have the patience anymore to devote the time to get better. I still like watching though, lol, so I'd probably tag along to a gaf night if they ever happen again.

It's okay man, I've been there. I'm on a mission to spend less money on games, so I decided to just pick one that I can get really deep into. I tried league, but the community was assholes, then I tried DOTA, but it was full of assholes too... SC2 has the best community! and the best part of 1v1 is if you play against an asshole you can just kill him.

StayDead

People don't like Terrans because although the best players in the game play Terran, outside of that not many people play Terran at all and most of the ones who do know how to play.

mbmonk

Glad to see you still lurking and posting from time to time.

My situation is similar to Ketch's. I had to cut back on the amount I spend on games, plus SC is just special to me. So putting in the practice time is actually enjoyable to me :).

What games are you playing now?

ShaneB

It's okay man, I've been there. I'm on a mission to spend less money on games, so I decided to just pick one that I can get really deep into. I tried league, but the community was assholes, then I tried DOTA, but it was full of assholes too... SC2 has the best community! and the best part of 1v1 is if you play against an asshole you can just kill him.

Heh, maybe the 1v1 is part of it too, I'm just one to prefer a team vs team game I guess.

Glad to see you still lurking and posting from time to time.

My situation is similar to Ketch's. I had to cut back on the amount I spend on games, plus SC is just special to me. So putting in the practice time is actually enjoyable to me :).

What games are you playing now?

Switching back and forth between plenty of things. Mainly just a few pop in and pop out games. Been reading a lot, and with warmer weather showing up it's nice to just relax on the balcony and read. And there's been hockey playoffs going on, so that gets my attention too. lol

StayDead

Oh man the finalists in the Teamliquid Map Contest are great!

All of them are different, look to play differently and have different concepts to bring to the game. None of them look like Daybreak! THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LORD! :D:D

Ketch

Switching back and forth between plenty of things. Mainly just a few pop in and pop out games. Been reading a lot, and with warmer weather showing up it's nice to just relax on the balcony and read. And there's been hockey playoffs going on, so that gets my attention too. lol

NERD!

Why don't you come inside, close the blinds, and play video games all day like the cool kids?

Just kidding. But stop by for GAF night sometimes, we'll play some custom games, it'll be fun! Scrub league all random FFA mono unit battles!

Ketch

Oh man the finalists in the Teamliquid Map Contest are great!

All of them are different, look to play differently and have different concepts to bring to the game. None of them look like Daybreak! THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LORD! :D:D

Can you post a link ?

Mairu

On one hand, I like that an atypical (to esports) mainstream sponsor is giving TL/EG/esports attention

On the other hand, I don't like the CEO and at 50% off, Papa Johns is probably just barely worth the cost

:|

Ketch

On one hand, I like that an atypical (to esports) mainstream sponsor is giving TL/EG/esports attention

On the other hand, I don't like the CEO and at 50% off, Papa Johns is probably just barely worth the cost

:|

I don't know how I feel about it.

I think it's gross.

But would it be better if it was McDonald's instead of Papa John's? or if it was "WCS" instead of very specific teams/personalities from the community.

I think the reason it seems so weird is because I can't imagine any of those guys actually like papa john's.... it's like finding out your friends are into twilight or something. gross.

lol The Papa John hate is surprising to me. I mainly eat Pizza from the small businesses that opened up near my place NY style Pizza. Pretty good too.

Sometimes have pizza from Pizza Hut when its a good deal.

Anyways I'm really struggling on the ladder. Losing way more than I win. Gotta work on that tomorrow.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Papa john's just had alot of Internet hate only a year ago during the election time so it's not really surprising that people dislike it.

mbmonk

Hmm my gpu is dead. Overheating within minutes of turning on. Joy.

So sorry to hear that. I hope you have an old GPU laying around. There is nothing quite like having a computer w/o video :)

So uh has there been a balance patch yet?

I think the only major change was Spore Crawlers got a buff against Bio. I could be forgetting something though.

Also, it's been disgusting since forever.
There is that fact as well. :)

Aaron

Also, it's been disgusting since forever.
I assume people who eat Papa John's have no tastebuds. Only way they could get it down. Seriously, they should just smash a tomato on a hunk of cardboard and spray cheese whiz on it. Would be a better product.

Corran Horn

So sorry to hear that. I hope you have an old GPU laying around. There is nothing quite like having a computer w/o video :)

Oh god im using my GeForce 8800 GT right now...jesus. But this card was having issues too in the past so probably wont last me long either.

Ketch

Oh god im using my GeForce 8800 GT right now...jesus. But this card was having issues too in the past so probably wont last me long either.

That's a total bummer. GPUs are expensive! Hope you can get it all fixed up before the tournament starts... which happens to be in TWO DAYS EVERYBODY!

Yoshichan

Fried GPUs are the worst, Corran! Hope it gets fixed!

lol The Papa John hate is surprising to me. I mainly eat Pizza from the small businesses that opened up near my place NY style Pizza. Pretty good too.

Sometimes have pizza from Pizza Hut when its a good deal.

Anyways I'm really struggling on the ladder. Losing way more than I win. Gotta work on that tomorrow.

Losing is the best way to improve.

Ketch

Had a game of mine casted today while helping out with the TLMC stuff on the AM server.

http://www.twitch.tv/esvision/c/2315889

Skip to 1;15:00

It's a TvZ and Ironman doesn't really get my style, but I win out!

GG man. Fun to watch considering how much trouble I've been having with meching terrans lately. I think he should have gotten muta's much earlier instead of the swarm hosts. If he was more aggressive the muta death ball could have done a serious number on your early hellion/tank comp.

It's good to know that the slow swarm host advance doesn't work nearly as well vs terran as it does vs protoss.

StayDead

That "advance" actually does, but to counter it and vipers I learnt to get an obscenly high tank count in TvZ. Someone on stream well in obs was saying how 23 tanks was too many, but I beg to differ as it's enough to mean not even a full on roach hydra viper assault is going to break you. Getting loads of tanks owns.

Ketch

so basically the only change was a z v z alteration

not even a buff

blizz pls

what were you expecting? they had their proposed changes up on the test server for like 2 weeks

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the tournament. PM me.

Ketch

I just played a straight up macro focused ZvZ that didn't go to speedling/baneline/muta.... I don't think that's ever happened before.

We were pretty dead even with each other the entire game, but he never upgraded past 1/2 and I totally crushed him with a 3/3 roach/hydra salad (the secret is just a little dash of baneling for that extra kick).

I need to work on my burrow micro. I got burrow and tunneling claws but didn't really use it at all.

Do you guys spread creep in ZvZ? at first I wasn't spreading creep at all because I thought like what's the point? but I did a little in the late game.... I was really unsure if it was worth it.

Corran Horn

Heatsink for my gpu comes in tomorrow hopefully...let's see if that fixes it. If not then probably surrender tournament spot.

Holden

Heatsink for my gpu comes in tomorrow hopefully...let's see if that fixes it. If not then probably surrender tournament spot.

white-flag.jpg

truly french

Yoshichan

Hope all is gonna turn well, Corran!

Top Bottom