• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It wont be true even if you keep repeating it, and you know it :p
But you will grow up once, someday :D
You shut up V! Raging intelligently is something I've evolved with years of practice, and I still haven't mastered it. It's not something I'm gonna devolve by "growing up" (I'm 23, not 12).

Son1x

Yea, I'm from Slovenia :)

edit: Damn, sorry DerZuhälter, I just remembered that Z is actualy read as c (ts) in German. >.<

He mad
yPRVcU9.jpg
http://drop.sc/337556

Deadman

Played a 2v2 with my friend. The opponents were mean people who kept bming. They killed my friend after about 15 minutes. I carried on and won a 1 hour 21 minute 1v2 lmao. They were so dumb.

Ketch

http://drop.sc/337597

Here's a game where I started out really strong. Baneling busted his natural, but he just dropped all over me and I had to GG.... I don't know if I had actually lost but it felt pretty hopeless at the time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This game...

Seriously.

The cognitive dissonance that must be involved in the loser calling the winner an awful player is INCREDIBLE.

I just never knew the human brain was capable of turning itself so thoroughly inside out before!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dat rage is salty and nice

you can pause the game online but your opponent can resume game? how does that make sense? or did i do something wrong?

Its to make sure that you don't pause and unpause to cheat. That and if you pause and go AFK to troll the other person.

The raging player I played the other day did the same thing to me.

profit

you can pause the game online but your opponent can resume game? how does that make sense? or did i do something wrong?

Nope you did not do anything wrong, it makes little sense.
Offcourse people can use it to BM, pause the game and just walk away.
But I had several games where I needed to answer the door/phone or something quickly came up; to return where my opponent unpaused and just killed me.

pompidu

Its to make sure that you don't pause and unpause to cheat. That and if you pause and go AFK to troll the other person.

The raging player I played the other day did the same thing to me.

Nope you did not do anything wrong, it makes little sense.
Offcourse people can use it to BM, pause the game and just walk away.
But I had several games where I needed to answer the door/phone or something quickly came up; to return where my opponent unpaused and just killed me.

good lord just put a countdown timer. the pause button is useless if the opponent can just unpause it. got killed cause i paused.it to pee, not knowing the pause system is broken and came back to a destroyed base.

FluxWaveZ

Now, I will always unpause the game, especially if my opponent does not give me a warning beforehand. When opponents pause now, it's usually because they are going for some kind of cheese or timing attack and want to throw me off. It's gotten too common and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

Ketch

Now, I will always unpause the game, especially if my opponent does not give me a warning beforehand. When opponents pause now, it's usually because they are going for some kind of cheese or timing attack and want to throw me off. It's gotten too common and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

That's horrible.
I hope we play each other in the tournament because I know what I'm gonna do to you

I had to pause one time because there was a BEE in my FACE! So scary, I'm surprised I didn't get stung.

sixghost

I know that other stuff happens, but don't be a jerk. Sometimes people need to pause the game for a second to go do stuff.

I always ask why my opponent is pausing if they suddenly paused. If they don't answer in 30 seconds or 1 minute I just unpause and go kill him. Especially if they have been BMing me or I'm really ahead and there is no way for the opponent to come back.

If they say why they pause though, I let them pause with little worry.

FluxWaveZ

I know that other stuff happens, but don't be a jerk. Sometimes people need to pause the game for a second to go do stuff.

I know, and I've had times where I've wanted to pause because I needed to do something, but since literally 90% of the time it's someone who wants to mess with me, I'm feeling a less enthusiastic about being generous. I'll give future opponents the benefit of the doubt, but if it starts happening over and over again to me, I won't care about unpausing anymore.

Yoshichan

I fake pauses in order to ruin other players force fields, storms, etc.

:D

sixghost

I know, and I've had times where I've wanted to pause because I needed to do something, but since literally 90% of the time it's someone who wants to mess with me, I'm feeling a less enthusiastic about being generous. I'll give future opponents the benefit of the doubt, but if it starts happening over and over again to me, I won't care about unpausing anymore.

Are you playing on a special sociopath ladder? I've literally never had this done to me.

FluxWaveZ

Are you playing on a special sociopath ladder? I've literally never had this done to me.

Haha, well, maybe I'm unlucky, because this seriously happens practically anytime someone pauses. Opponents don't often pause, but anytime they do I'm immediately wary because it might mean something like an impending hellbat drop or some shit.

giri

Eh, i'm ok with unpausing. Games only last 20minutes or so. IF you can't dedicate a solid 20 to the game then you weren't ready to be playing.

Particularly if they don't give a reason.

I don't think i've ever bothered to pause a game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh man, these Mastery achievements for the SP campaign are actually pretty dang hard. X_X

Son1x

There's an option in the menu called "Select all larvae" what exactly does that do? should I have it on or off?

I believe you can't select one larva. So if you manually click on a larva, it'll select all of them. You can still shift them out to get only one selected though.

Me and Corran finished our games. Dem JediProtoss mind tricks man. :p

Anyone want to be my Protoss partner?

This match up I really need help with. I think I have too much fear of colossus and Templars to even engage.

Ketch

Winning is so much better then loosing.

2/2 banelings work great against 0/0 roaches.

edit: Like sooooooo much better then loosing.

If I had to choose between winning and loosing, I'd choose winning everytime.

Boken

Banned
what were you expecting? they had their proposed changes up on the test server for like 2 weeks

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the tournament. PM me.
zerg felt crappy when i last played

didnt want that
Winning is so much better then loosing.

2/2 banelings work great against 0/0 roaches.

edit: Like sooooooo much better then loosing.

If I had to choose between winning and loosing, I'd choose winning everytime.

losing is so much more valuable

it teaches you about yourself

and why you suck

Trickster

Just unlocked the protoss pylon skin. And I noticed that for all the possible skin unlocks, you can see only the default skin, and 1 unlock.

I'm curious what the point of the 3 blank boxes after the first unlock is for. I figured maybe you'd be come able to see the next unlock once you got the first skin, but the 3 boxes for the pylon model, are still blank.

Also, am I missing something in pvp. A surprising amount of protoss players seem to go for an extremely fast expansion in pvp. Doesn't seem very good, I just get a few gates and maybe a robo, and bumrush them.

profit

Just unlocked the protoss pylon skin. And I noticed that for all the possible skin unlocks, you can see only the default skin, and 1 unlock.

I'm curious what the point of the 3 blank boxes after the first unlock is for. I figured maybe you'd be come able to see the next unlock once you got the first skin, but the 3 boxes for the pylon model, are still blank.

My guess its for future micro transaction skins.
I believe Blizzard at some point talked about the possibility of such a thing, but don't quote me on that because I'm not too sure anymore.

Top Bottom