• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

OH YEAH! 6 Game win streak! Watching Shake and Striek play helped.

Reduced my win loss deficit from 46-53 to 52-53.

Destroyed all the Zergs and Protoss I met today! Feels good guys.

Ketch

So apparently you can no longer be demoted during a season, only in placement matches? Not sure how I feel about this.

TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=415740
their source: http://www.blizzposts.com/blogentry/95918/starcraft-ii-ladder-league-and-season-faq

Hopefully it'll stop the people who just que and auto-leave.

Edit: Roach/Hydra/Infestor is a good combo
But what do you follow it up with? My guess is broodlords? So like roach (with a few hydras) into 3 base roach/hydra with a few infestors into 5 base Hydra/Infestor/Broodlord? Does that sound good to peoples? I need a good "Hive tech plan"

sixghost

Hopefully it'll stop the people who just que and auto-leave.

Edit: Roach/Hydra/Infestor is a good combo
But what do you follow it up with? My guess is broodlords? So like roach (with a few hydras) into 3 base roach/hydra with a few infestors into 5 base Hydra/Infestor/Broodlord? Does that sound good to peoples? I need a good "Hive tech plan"

Roach/hydra/infestor transitions nicely into ultra/hydra/infestor if you have 4 or 5 bases worth of gas. Start a 3rd evo once you decide to switch to ultras to begin melee upgrades. Your other upgrades should be 3/3 at that point, so the ultras will still be fairly cost effective once ultra armor is done. Ultras aren't like lings in that they are useless without melee ups; ultras will still do decent damage. The hydras are there to make up the DPS.

Ketch

Hmmm I do like ultras. And I guess that less upgrades to worry about. But I was thinking if they went anti-ground and anti-armor that the brood lord switch would be pretty devastating. And I think they'd be a little more a-move friendly... Not having to worry about ultras getting stuck behind roach hydra.

Is the season really ending June 10th? That's like a week from now!

Hmmm I do like ultras. And I guess that less upgrades to worry about. But I was thinking if they went anti-ground and anti-armor that the brood lord switch would be pretty devastating. And I think they'd be a little more a-move friendly... Not having to worry about ultras getting stuck behind roach hydra.

Is the season really ending June 10th? That's like a week from now!

Seasons now align w/ the WCS seasons, so yes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
*watching idra play, gf comes over*

Oh, why are you watching yourself?

*me stare of death into her eyes*
We told you so!!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
*watching idra play, gf comes over*

Oh, why are you watching yourself?

*me stare of death into her eyes*

idralol.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I knew HotS would save #esports!

pCIHJZ6.png

Son1x

Yea I think HotS is big enough. I'm perfectly fine with the current size of the community. Interesting that WCS EU is watched the most.

I used to play a HL mod called FrontLine Force, which when I started was already on life support. There were 8 servers (0 now, but we still play occasionally) and maybe 2-3 clans. Only good thing was that you basically knew everyone. Pretty funny too since the mod matched DoD in numbers a few years prior to that.

Yoshichan

Btw that picture was made by me <,< fake

Also, Panda is released this month :D EXCITEEEEED

Yoshichan

PMing a mod about idraboi

Yoshichan

Can't stand this guy who is coaching Artosis. They both have a bad attitude and this stream pretty much sums up why he (like Idra) could never be any good. Well besides the lack of skill i mean.

RayStorm

Yea I think HotS is big enough. I'm perfectly fine with the current size of the community. Interesting that WCS EU is watched the most.

I used to play a HL mod called FrontLine Force, which when I started was already on life support. There were 8 servers (0 now, but we still play occasionally) and maybe 2-3 clans. Only good thing was that you basically knew everyone. Pretty funny too since the mod matched DoD in numbers a few years prior to that.

I used to play FLF too! IIRC it was just after CS started to become huge and lose its small community flair. And also after you started to limp for a second after being hit in CS. Good times. But that small community thing is something that SC2 never had, so I think there's still plenty of room to grow without any downside.

Are those viewing numbers just from twitch I assume? So there's a chance that by combining the GOM and twitch numbers WCS Korea might be bigger.

zargle

WCS EU also benefits from airing at a time good for both EU and NA. For instance, I would have it on while I was doing data entry at work.

LoL is untouchable obviously but beside that what is above sc2 in terms of viewership? Dota2 perhaps? CoD is growing rapidly and activision is pushing it really hard so maybe that and WoT will overtake it quite soon.

Shame that'll never be said of quakelive :.(

sixghost

LoL is untouchable obviously but beside that what is above sc2 in terms of viewership? Dota2 perhaps? CoD is growing rapidly and activision is pushing it really hard so maybe that and WoT will overtake it quite soon.

Shame that'll never be said of quakelive :.(

Is it really? I can't think of a game less suited for competition than modern CoD games.

Is it really? I can't think of a game less suited for competition than modern CoD games.

There are more 'deserving' games but treyarch and acti are giving it a real go. I don't think it's that bad as an esport to be fair but it suffers from the same problem as other team based FPS' do and that's the constant viewpoint switch. As a viewing experience it can't compare to an RTS or fighting game in that regard. CoD esport is more about communication and teamwork than pure gun skill, it's not so bad really.

Official WCS portal is up!!
http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en

Here's the official schedule and times:
http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/schedule

f0rk

Very weird. Looks like they feel like US market is more important right now, EU folks are healthy and strong enough to stay up that late (LOL)

But the actual final is at 6am. That's like the worst time possible for all foreigners lol

Top Bottom