• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Wunder

Not sure if it was posted: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416074

New maps for next season of Ladder. Good to see Blizzard throwing out Klontas and Zerus right away - I like that they always try to make maps but most of them have been quite bad so I'm happy that they at least acknowledge the fact that there are way better map makers out there. Surprised to see Korhal Floating Island there because of it's super weird spawns but I'm happy both Korhal and Newkirk (Redevelopment) Precinct are both in. Go Proleague~ <3

Son1x

I'm okay with Klontas Mire, but they should have removed Derelict Watcher instead of Zerus Prime. That map is terrible.

V_Arnold

Not sure if it was posted: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416074

New maps for next season of Ladder. Good to see Blizzard throwing out Klontas and Zerus right away - I like that they always try to make maps but most of them have been quite bad so I'm happy that they at least acknowledge the fact that there are way better map makers out there. Surprised to see Korhal Floating Island there because of it's super weird spawns but I'm happy both Korhal and Newkirk (Redevelopment) Precinct are both in. Go Proleague~ <3

It is so weird looking at these maps and remembering the times when people were salty about Blizz using horrible ladder maps. Nowadays, ladder maps are great.

StayDead

I'm okay with Klontas Mire, but they should have removed Derelict Watcher instead of Zerus Prime. That map is terrible.

Derelict Watcher is 10 times better than Zerus.

Zerus was far too big and it was horrible to play on.

I'm looking forward to finally having enough vetos (as I had atleast Zerus downvoted) so I can finally keep Bel'shir vestige that needs to go and another couple of maps so I never have to play them. Red City and Korhal are actually good mech maps so no issues from me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is the ladder reset?

Genki

Finished the HotS campaign. Did everything. Pretty disappointed. They really relented on the difficulty, which is odd because there are 4 difficulty levels so I really don't see the point. The last level was particularly anticlimactic. While it was certainly a representation of being the swarm &#8212; a good idea for the final mission as opposed to the defence of WoL &#8212; I feel it was executed quite poorly. It felt so small, so slight and easy to the point of being a foregone conclusion. Story, dialogue etc. was laughable as expected. Maybe I've grown more curmudgeonly since I played WoL, but it felt much worse.

Will try the multiplayer again which thankfully seems improved. Maybe not as much as the revelation that was RoC to TFT, but still. Played some WoL beta and close after release when it was mostly about 1 basing as protoss. Was Diamond, but I played one game in the patch they added Master league, lost, and got promoted to Master. Never played since then. Something tells me I'll have a hard time :). Think I'll switch from toss to zerg as well.

Tenks

Hit me up if you want to play some games! Masters Terran. I'll try and remember to join the GAF chat room. I have terrible TvP so if you're Diamond and Toss feel free to message me.

March#923

Tenks

I was hoping for starbros but no one was in the chat :(

Also WCS Finals is somewhat awkward with Artosis just sitting there like Spiderman

Mairu

I was hoping for starbros but no one was in the chat :(

Also WCS Finals is somewhat awkward with Artosis just sitting there like Spiderman

fHKpIPt.jpg
lol

this is on so early! I didn't make a thread (and don't plan on it- too busy with new job stuff)

Wedge7

Loving all 4 streams, got all of them open. With the way the games are going, half the time, you got all 3 streams casting the same game, so you can truly have your pick on who you prefer.

Wedge7

Yea, I prefer the gom casting, with the exception of Artosis solo casting, but thats not really a knock on him, but I just prefer dual casts so much more. I find the production on the OGN streams better.

Mairu

Yea, I prefer the gom casting, with the exception of Artosis solo casting, but thats not really a knock on him, but I just prefer dual casts so much more. I find the production on the OGN streams better.

The production better be better considering GOM just has commentators and the game view- I usually don't like solo casting but I actually like Artosis solo casting. It sucks that ogn is using default obs ui.

Ketch

Yea that's so awesome to see TLO win. Not as good as stephano maybe, but he played smarter and earned that win.

Paches

I am making an OT in the gaming side forums if no one else is currently. Getting all the stuff set up. Didn't even know this was starting so soon and with so much going on!

This is why i wanted Lucifron to go through, he can actually compete with the Korean players. I just can't see TLO doing that.

Yeah but then TLO had to banebust him to win. That and ForGG made a huge comeback. If ForGG didn't win his TvT with Lucifron then I think Lucifron would have won the whole tournament.

Lucifron was 8-0 and then 10-0 in RO8 until ForGG gave him his 3 losses to kick him out of the tournament.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They are realigning them to match WCS Seasons, so new maps and such for WCS mean new maps for the next season of ladder. Apparently 11 weeks long starting with this next season.
Ahhh, thanks man.

Top Bottom