• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Won

I expected shit times for the finals, but that's a special kind of shit.
I guess that happens when you have to push through more than 4 players in one day in the korean time zone.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dreamhack sooooooon!

jersoc

started playign after a week's break. god damn i'm so awful at zvz. I think i'm just going to 10 pool every damn game now.

It's unfortunate that the timezone sucks but each region gets a chance to host the finals. Kinda sucks that there couldn't be more of a compromise though.

That graph showing WCS viewership numbers, does that include Koreans? I wonder if they just grabbed numbers from twitch.

In the thread about those numbers he specifically mentions that is the case and that he doesn't know the numbers from GOM themselves.

Ketch

Damn, I just keep on losing. I thought I had a good start this time, but the Zerg enemy was still faster than me.

If anyone could have a quick look at the replay and tell me what I did wrong, it would be greatly appreciated :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8988672/TvZ rush.SC2Replay

(I'm Terran)

I honestly just think you're trying to do waaay to much, you don't need to do all that stuff to win in bronze. It's like trying to play an instrument, when you start learning how to play you have to pick an easy song or it's gonna be shitty. You're hands and your brain just simply won't be able to cooperate enough to do the things you're trying to do here. You're trying to play like a pro when all you need to do is play better then other bronze leaguers.

You've got gas, and tech labs, and factories, and reapers, and scanning, and oh shit depots. By 10 minutes you have 15 marines and 6 marauders... You and you're opponent were at 65ish supply or something. You need to stop trying to do so many different things and just do one thing really really well.

What if instead of 20 something army units and 65ish supply you had 50 army units and 100 supply? You would have had twice the force of your opponent and even if he killed half of your units with those banelings, you would have had a bigger army left over then the one you pushed out with in your replay, and he would have nothing.

This is what you need to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SES1IAGlwDU#t=760s

You will win way more games, and even when you loose playing this way you will still be improving an order of magnitude faster then what you're doing now, because it's solid fundamentals. You will be practicing skills that you'll use in every single game you play.

Wedge7

Really looking forward to the world finals in a few days. Funny to think of just how many good players are sitting this one out, like Flash/Life etc. Still, should be a fun tournament. Something I'm curious about is if the same huge disparity between the GOM twitch channel and OGN twitch channel is as drastic as last time. I remember at one point it being like 30k for gom, and like 250 viewers on the OGN one with Doa/Montecristo. Part of me thinks it could be slightly more even this time considering that the OGN team will actually be on set, and I'm assuming Tastosis/Wolf/Khaldor will be on some blue screen.

Zen

Banned
On the latest episode of Meta everyone got together and made this happen.

Idra promises to stream for at least 4 hours being over-the-top mannered if Zerg wins the next GSL

They changed it to if a zerg wins the WCS Season 1 Finals this weekend instead of next season's WCS Korea

Rules of Steam:

He must smile through out the stream

He must not mumble angrily about anything

Stream Sniping is allowed

He must read the twitch chat and acknowledge their advice

After losing to a player he must congratulate his opponent and genuinely ask them for advice on that game

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1fp8sq/idra_promises_to_stream_for_at_least_4_hours/

I would watch all 4 hours, I can't imagine the mental state of Idra after hour 4 is done with. It almost seems like torture. XD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

profit

Idra promises to stream for at least 4 hours being over-the-top mannered if Zerg wins the next GSL
Hm, you would think he'd promise something like that when he knows it cant happen. With Zerg being the OP race that it is, we already know it'll happen.

Yoshichan

Saw the latest Starcrafts video and in the end, they mentioned an achievable portrait...

wD59jbA.png

Can't click the link right now, but anyone know what you need to do in order to get the portrait?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVetFTb600

ExReey

I honestly just think you're trying to do waaay to much, you don't need to do all that stuff to win in bronze. It's like trying to play an instrument, when you start learning how to play you have to pick an easy song or it's gonna be shitty. You're hands and your brain just simply won't be able to cooperate enough to do the things you're trying to do here. You're trying to play like a pro when all you need to do is play better then other bronze leaguers.

You've got gas, and tech labs, and factories, and reapers, and scanning, and oh shit depots. By 10 minutes you have 15 marines and 6 marauders... You and you're opponent were at 65ish supply or something. You need to stop trying to do so many different things and just do one thing really really well.

What if instead of 20 something army units and 65ish supply you had 50 army units and 100 supply? You would have had twice the force of your opponent and even if he killed half of your units with those banelings, you would have had a bigger army left over then the one you pushed out with in your replay, and he would have nothing.

This is what you need to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SES1IAGlwDU#t=760s

You will win way more games, and even when you loose playing this way you will still be improving an order of magnitude faster then what you're doing now, because it's solid fundamentals. You will be practicing skills that you'll use in every single game you play.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the replay!
Yeah I watched some youtube movies and this was how most of them did it, so I copied that :)
That tutorial video you recommended seems great, gonna watch it tonight. Thanks!

Zen

Banned
So does anyone else feel like Meta is the best SCII show at the moment? The new State of the Game is still good (I feel like having all the drama magnet super star personalities as regulars was getting seriously played out near the end), mind.

Acidote

Can you just make a guest account and login with a normal SC2 client for that portrait? My friends already have HotS :-/

Wunder

So does anyone else feel like Meta is the best SCII show at the moment? The new Inside the Game is still good (I feel like having all the drama magnet super star personalities as regulars was getting seriously played out near the end), mind.

Any time I tune in I find it pretty awkward. Artosis isn't a great host when it comes to switching between topics, although he is good at coming up with questions and moving the discussion forward. When the discussion hits a block it kind of just ends with an awkward laugh and they move on.

The two zerg players, IdrA and Catz (I think those were the two staples that I saw when I tuned in last) are probably the two worst ones to bring on for 'balance' discussion. Neither of them have a very fair few of what's good/bad and they almost always skew the conclusion/verdict to their favor.

The fact that Artosis is the host and has to balance facilitating and moderation between participating makes the fact that there is a lack of Protoss knowledge in the discussions. I kinda liked TheOgnis when he appeared on SOTG and at the start of Meta but I feel he isn't aggressive enough or accomplished enough to assert himself, especially against IdrA or Catz. I don't know, I haven't really watched it a lot so this is just my extrapolation and assumption but that's how it feels to me.

Yoshichan

mah birthdayyyyyyy :D

Yoshichan

I want my birthday gift - Pandaman! When is he getting released? I know it's in June but when exactly?!

Yoshichan

Well, that was random! I'm on the bus on my way home from work and I see Haypro chilling outside of a bus stop... Terrible picture but I had to be subtle!

2xPnk2g

Wonder what he was doing in my shitty city :lol

Wunder

Well, that was random! I'm on the bus on my way home from work and I see Haypro chilling outside of a bus stop... Terrible picture but I had to be subtle!

2xPnk2g

Wonder what he was doing in my shitty city :lol

he was looking for you to wish you a happy birthday

Yoshichan

I just got my Spawning Pool Party (asked my bro to download the game, drone-rushed him lol). The weird thing is, he could choose between all three races. I thought they capped it to terran only?

J2d

Ok I just made a trial account myself to get the portrait, so if anybody wants we can both get it.

You log in with the new account I just created and I get the portrait, and viceversa right afterwards.
I'm down with this as soon as I get off work.

J2d

Ok I'm online now in the US with the starter edition, anyone who want's the avatar let me know and I'll add you.

or add me: mehmehmeh 232

Zen

Banned
Any time I tune in I find it pretty awkward. Artosis isn't a great host when it comes to switching between topics, although he is good at coming up with questions and moving the discussion forward. When the discussion hits a block it kind of just ends with an awkward laugh and they move on.

The two zerg players, IdrA and Catz (I think those were the two staples that I saw when I tuned in last) are probably the two worst ones to bring on for 'balance' discussion. Neither of them have a very fair few of what's good/bad and they almost always skew the conclusion/verdict to their favor.

The fact that Artosis is the host and has to balance facilitating and moderation between participating makes the fact that there is a lack of Protoss knowledge in the discussions. I kinda liked TheOgnis when he appeared on SOTG and at the start of Meta but I feel he isn't aggressive enough or accomplished enough to assert himself, especially against IdrA or Catz. I don't know, I haven't really watched it a lot so this is just my extrapolation and assumption but that's how it feels to me.
Hey fair enough. I feel like Artosis is a better host than JP, who was often to afraid, or too busy chasing stream numbers, to challenge anyone on their BS or to moderate the discussion. Catz and Idra are mostly game talk guys, and Artosis isn't afraid to disagree with them. I also feel like Artosis has a wider berth on this show (considering it's his) and the he functions better in that capacity than just being one of the guests. It's good to see Idra, Incontrol, etc being deferential to him and respecting that it's his show, and unlike JP, Artosis actually uses that to help moderate the quality. It also doesn't hurt that his repore with everyone is very natural and familiar.

Hey fair enough. I feel like Artosis is a better host than JP, who was often to afraid, or too busy chasing stream numbers, to challenge anyone on their BS or to moderate the discussion. Catz and Idra are mostly game talk guys, and Artosis isn't afraid to disagree with them. I also feel like Artosis has a wider berth on this show (considering it's his) and the he functions better in that capacity than just being one of the guests. It's good to see Idra, Incontrol, etc being deferential to him and respecting that it's his show, and unlike JP, Artosis actually uses that to help moderate the quality. It also doesn't hurt that his repore with everyone is very natural and familiar.

I want some Terrans in his Meta show. That is the biggest criticism I can give to the show right now besides not having a few EU players as well to bring more perspective to the show away from a NA only viewpoint.

I would actually bother to schedule time to watch it live.

I want some Terrans in his Meta show. That is the biggest criticism I can give to the show right now besides not having a few EU players as well to bring more perspective to the show away from a NA only viewpoint.

I would actually bother to schedule time to watch it live.

Theoginis is a pretty level headed terran voice. he certainly balances out the inanity of catz' inevitable zerg whine.

Top Bottom