• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Deadman

Should be fun to see SC in a tournament again.

Idra is smiling, gging, winning and has 13k viewers. He should switch to terran full time.

Should be fun to see SC in a tournament again.

Idra is smiling, gging, winning and has 12k viewers. He should just full time switch to terran.
I cannot see that lasting, not once he hits similar mmr players. I'd love to see him try protoss as some stage too. oh boy.

wow nearly 14k viewers. last time an sc2 streamer had that amount was stephano more than a year ago.

Wunder

IdrA already starting to pander to get more viewers. It's good though, it's what everyone wanted to see for the past 3 years. Can't wait till he starts yelling about Zerg roach/bane busting him while he 3CCs or whining about how broken Protoss is.

edit: @MLG - I'm actually surprised how crappy that lineup is. Partially due to the Kespa qualifiers, some really good players narrowly lost and we got stuck with Dear, SoO and Stats but also a surprisingly low number of eSF koreans coming over. Interesting.

Just noticed that WCS S2 has started...why? Blizzard has stated that their goal is to create a narrative with the games, to make them matter, etc...but how can you do that if you're constantly having new tournaments. WCS S1 ended less than a month ago.

Aaron

It's either that or Tastosis switch over to World of Tanks full time. I watched Artosis's stream once when the two were actually playing WoT. I was like walking in on your parents having sex with other people.

Ketch

Just noticed that WCS S2 has started...why? Blizzard has stated that their goal is to create a narrative with the games, to make them matter, etc...but how can you do that if you're constantly having new tournaments. WCS S1 ended less than a month ago.

I don't know, I kind of like.

Seems like whenever I go to the portal (which isn't too bad) wcs.battle.net there's always a game being played.

They've got to get 3 more season done before blizzcon anyway right?

Lots of starcraft everywhere, I like it.

teamliquid down for anyone else?

edit: Ok, maybe not everytime I go there.... but it's still cool.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

WCS is just basically GSL on a global regional scale. They copy-paste in every region with exclusive partners. Also gave OSL a opportunity to host it as well.

Blizzard didnt even have a staff to support WCS until just recently with purchase of IPL...and still thats just video content. Its all a rush job

Blizz basically just wanted direct control and got it even further than they had before.

StayDead

Idra playing and commentating as Terran http://www.twitch.tv/idrajit

I have no idea why Idra switched to zerg in the first place, I still never understood at the beginning of WoL and I think if anything it's the reason he sucked so hard. Zerg doesn't suit his greedy style as you early game can get punished for going up to 3 hatches and 100 drones (well atleast at the time you could, not near the end of WoL).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IdrA should toss it up

fanboi

Banned

Marie Serneholt is so god damn hot:

marie_serneholt3.jpg

StayDead

Me and Streik will be TvT'ing on the AM server in an hour if anyone wants to watch.

My connection is still a little sketchy though so hopefully it'll be fine.

SamuraiX-

Bomber vs CatZ in the winners match for RSL Season 5 Group E about to start!

Bomber already beat VortiX 2-1.

TitaN and CatZ literally just played the most ridiculous three matches I've ever seen from proplayers. lol

It was absolutely cheese galore and CatZ was the better cheeser. hah it sucks they don't release the VODs, only the replays. Nathanias was awesome throughout both games.

Edit: Bomber takes it! Advances to the Round of 16! BOMBER FIGHTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGG!!

VCsbkBh.png

LOL

Wait, so the Hellbat patch is officially official?

StayDead

Thank god, the hellbat isn't getting nerfed.

I mean I don't use it for early game harass anyway, but it's a pretty big nerf to mech overall since pros won't use it as much.

Warp Prism is buffed and as a meching Terran that scares me but I guess I'll just add more turrets, it's like an arbiter but worse :p

Ketch

What if instead of nerfing hellbats, they just nerf the medivac so it can't heal hellbats? problem solved. I'm so smart.

Also, seeing Idra stream terran really makes we wish Artosis would stream Zerg... that would be awesome.

edit: and FUCK having stay late at work.... still better then being unemployed... barely

Son1x

What if instead of nerfing hellbats, they just nerf the medivac so it can't heal hellbats? problem solved. I'm so smart.

Also, seeing Idra stream terran really makes we wish Artosis would stream Zerg... that would be awesome.

edit: and FUCK having stay late at work.... still better then being unemployed... barely

Well technically you would do that by removing the biological attribute, so it would be a hellbat nerf. But its not all that bad, Archons wouldn't do extra damage to them. And Spore Crawlers, if you do get that lift on them :D

Ketch

Well technically you would do that by removing the biological attribute, so it would be a hellbat nerf. But its not all that bad, Archons wouldn't do extra damage to them. And Spore Crawlers, if you do get that lift on them :D

ok ok ok...

So 2v2,

Zerg & Protss VS Terran & whatever.

Terran goes hellbat.

You power to lair, nydus into his main, plant spores, and then you're partner comes in and lifts all the hellbats with phoenix's. GG. Unstoppable.

Aaron

New Homestory Cup starts in less than four hours? What's with all this Starcraft? I haven't even caught the matches of Dreamhack I missed.

StayDead

Sonyx all I'm going to say is that would be a huge buff to remove biological.

Archons freakin' destroy hellbats right now and it's horrible.

Wedge7

Anyone watching OSL at the moment?

Effort just got worked in the first set, cant believe that SoS always manages to successfully pull off these cannon rushes.

Wedge7

lol, it was actually sad how for a moment, it actually seemed close with his mini push of 2 maraders, like 5 hellbats and 6 medivacs.

Too aggressive by Maru. Should have just went for the 3CC and 3 bunkers with 1 tank and then hellbats.

Edit: WOO MARU PASSED at the expense of sOs lol.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Does tasteless do anything in the community outside of just casting? Does he even play much?
He doesn't. But he doesn't need to. He makes tons of money just casting tournaments. Although I have no idea how much now since he mostly just does gsl as all other tournaments seem to spend a lot less on casters .

Can't blame him. Got to be a good life.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So no hellbat nerf? High five!

SamuraiX-

Red Bull Training Grounds starts in about an hour and a half.

Hzkuv4J.jpg

Schedule

All times PDT.

Friday
2:00pm Stream starts
2:15pm Sound vs. Grubby
3:15pm DeMusliM vs. Golden
4:15pm Kane vs. ViBE
5:15pm puCK vs. SeleCT
6:15pm Sound vs. ViBE
7:15pm puCK vs. Golden

Saturday
2:00pm Stream starts
2:15pm Grubby vs. ViBE
3:15pm DeMusliM vs. SeleCT
4:15pm Sound vs. Kane
5:15pm DeMusliM vs. puCK
6:15pm Kane vs. Grubby
7:15pm Golden vs. SeleCT

Grand Finals on Sunday.

Wunder

Bizarre selection of players - has there been a post about what they're trying to achieve? If I remember from before they had a training grounds it was mainly about trying out different/specific builds and reactions towards it? Seems interesting but none of these players stand out to me as super creative or build order oriented.

SamuraiX-

Bizarre selection of players - has there been a post about what they're trying to achieve? If I remember from before they had a training grounds it was mainly about trying out different/specific builds and reactions towards it? Seems interesting but none of these players stand out to me as super creative or build order oriented.

Here's a little blurb from TeamLiquid.net:

Eight participating players will scrimmage in a series of round-robin matches over the course of the first two days, giving each player the opportunity to experience one another's signature tactics and evasive rebuttals. At the completion of each match, players head to the analysis booth to discuss and critique their performance, giving the audience at home a bleacher seat to the training regimes and techniques of top players, gaining strategic insight right alongside the pros. All matches in this group-play section are best of three and all three games of each will be played in full. To increase the stakes, the winner of each game in this segment of the tournament will take home an additional $100.

Day three of Red Bull Training Grounds culminates in a tournament consisting of the top four players still standing (two from each group). Reconvening for a final day of competitive play, the winner will walk away with the top prize and an invitation to a future high stakes tournament.

Top Bottom