• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

So apparently I'm guilty of "marin cheese".

dlKAVhP.jpg

I've heard it all now. lol

Mind you, my composition this game was something like 50 Marines, 10 Medivacs, 10 Tanks.

Demu was just streaming @ Red Bull. He put the camera on to select who was playing Idra and he started to cast it. Idra was raging during the game and eventually quit when he was about to lose and signed off. Then Demu started 'playing' pingpong for the 3rd place match for Red Bull lol.

Guys I seem to have a hit a low in SC2. Games I should have won I'm losing even with advantages. :(

Time to practice before laddering. I can't let this bring me down!

Going over new builds and getting dem ladder points afterwards.

Ketch

damnit, that feeling.

after you throw away the longest match ever, the ultimate FUCK.

http://drop.sc/346033

should have won, suicided my whole fucking army for no reason, and then still came back and did it again!

I feel like there's this razor's edge with zerg macro.

flying high, remaxing instantly vs ALL MY UNITS ARE WET NOODLES!

I think I have this issue where I don't know if I should attack his army or attack his base.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys I seem to have a hit a low in SC2. Games I should have won I'm losing even with advantages. :(

Time to practice before laddering. I can't let this bring me down!

Going over new builds and getting dem ladder points afterwards.
I can only agree. I feel worse than my mid-WoL period, which was like platinum league.

Is there a way to ignore people who message you while you're in a game, but they're not your current opponent? I won a game and then my opponent from the previous game starts shit talking me in the middle of the new game I'm in. It's just so tilting.

Son1x

Is there a way to ignore people who message you while you're in a game, but they're not your current opponent? I won a game and then my opponent from the previous game starts shit talking me in the middle of the new game I'm in. It's just so tilting.

If you set your status to busy, you won't get messages ingame. There is also an option that sets it automatically every time you enter a game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wait so your saying you were higher then platinum league at some point in time?

only thanks to terran
Bro, i've achieved master with all races and my toss, zerg AND terran could beat yo ass any time of the day

Bring it on, WoL, let's go

Flash just announced that KT Rolster will start streaming on Twitch.

Also that KT Rolster and Razor have announced a partnership so KT Rolster will be able to afford to go more international tournaments.

Ooooh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :OOOOOOO

This is the greatest news. Hopefully he mechs and I can learn! :D

He said in response to "Kespa is usually very secret about letting stuff go, how will you deal with this": "Well I'm not that worried about people watching me more, and anyway, if people watch me more I can just use that to my advantage".

LOL

Ketch

Still played a lot of games today, but man my win/loss has caught back up to even.... That's what I get for thinking I was close to promotion.

Still played a lot of games today, but man my win/loss has caught back up to even.... That's what I get for thinking I was close to promotion.

Gold is supposed to be the biggest league, so it's problably the hardest to get out of if you only have a 60ish% winrate.

Slow and steady wins the race bro. Also if you wanna grab my attention in sc2 direct message me, cause I rarely look at gaf chat.

So im tuning into OGN for the first time and is it just me or are DOA and that other guy still on green screen? That's pretty shitty production values. Add the BO1 tournament and this thing really sucks. Bring back GSL plz.

Aaron

So im tuning into OGN for the first time and is it just me or are DOA and that other guy still on green screen? That's pretty shitty production values. Add the BO1 tournament and this thing really sucks. Bring back GSL plz.
You can still watch the GSL version of the cast. Tastosis are on an empty stage instead of a lame green screen.

You can still watch the GSL version of the cast. Tastosis are on an empty stage instead of a lame green screen.

I am watching the tastosis stream. Regardless it kinda sucks that we don't get any casters at the stadium. I'm just still annoyed that i miss out on GSL for ages for this.

SamuraiX-

It looks like KeSPA will be broadcasting the Korean qualifiers what happened earlier this month for the MLG Spring Championship.

Starcraft2 ProLeague (Facebook) said:
Watch MLG 2013 Spring Championship KeSPA Starcraft2 Qualifier on EsportsTV

MLG 2013 Spring Championship KeSPA Starcraft2 Qualifier was held on 5th June.

As a result, Stats(KT) from group A, SoO(SKT1) from group B, Dear(STX) from group C has chosen to be the representative players of each group.

International E-sports Group(aka IEG) will broadcast the main event of MLG 2013 Spring Championship KeSPA Starcraft2 Qualifier on Youtube and TwitchTV on 3pm 27th June(PST).

You can watch this broadcast in the link as below.

Youtube Live : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEaYiHepD8
TwitchTV Live : http://twitch.tv/sc2proleague

Broadcasting time by the timezone.
- 7am 28th June(KST)
- 6pm 27th June(New York)
- 12am 28th June(CET)

Thanks for watching.
Enjoy Starcraft2 with IEG.

Pretty cool because I've been really interested in why so many upsets happened.

StayDead

EDIT: Read this if you want to read a salty individual who just lost a lot of games in a row.

I think I may be finally at the point where I just give up and stop playing. I've won 2 out of 15 games in games that had I not been playing mech I would have won and I really don't want to play bio. I really wish it didn't have to be like this but it feels like if the opponent isn't a complete moron it's impossible to win eugh

I really don't like complaining like this and I hate balance whiners more than anything, but this is pissing me off to the point of never wanting to touch the game again at the minute and I know if I take a break it'll only get worse.

profit

I think I may be finally at the point where I just give up and stop playing. I've won 2 out of 15 games in games that had I not been playing mech I would have won and I really don't want to play bio. I really wish it didn't have to be like this but it feels like if the opponent isn't a complete moron it's impossible to win eugh

I really don't like complaining like this and I hate balance whiners more than anything, but this is pissing me off to the point of never wanting to touch the game again at the minute and I know if I take a break it'll only get worse.

Take the break, play something else, go outside and dont touch the game for a couple of days. Sure the games after your break wont be great, but there is no point in forcing yourself. The number one reason you should play is because you enjoy it.

StayDead

Ignore what I said before. I'm back in business. Against toss it seems I was completely forgetting ghosts. I just won a game against an opponent who wasn't a moron, so much I just hard countered his mass immortal archon with EMP, landed vikings and nukes at his fifth.

TvZ is still a mystery to me, but I enjoy TvP and TvT and that's all that matters. TvZ I'll get there with some more practice.

Looking back at my TvZs I usually die to late game zerg when I put no pressure on, so I think I need to work on my agression early on in the game and how quickly I'm taking bases. :D

I'll do some gardening then jump in and hopefully find some practice partners. If not I'll just play some unranked.

Yoshichan

How's your teeth fanboi?

EDIT: Read this if you want to read a salty individual who just lost a lot of games in a row.

Well, if you want to play to win you can't just shoehorn in a style. Do mech on maps where it works the best for you. But if you want to keep winning you have to use everything your race offers. No real way around that.

Also can't you mech every TvT? Why not just mech there and play standard the other two matchups.

Ignore what I said before. I'm back in business. Against toss it seems I was completely forgetting ghosts. I just won a game against an opponent who wasn't a moron, so much I just hard countered his mass immortal archon with EMP, landed vikings and nukes at his fifth.

TvZ is still a mystery to me, but I enjoy TvP and TvT and that's all that matters. TvZ I'll get there with some more practice.

Looking back at my TvZs I usually die to late game zerg when I put no pressure on, so I think I need to work on my agression early on in the game and how quickly I'm taking bases. :D

I'll do some gardening then jump in and hopefully find some practice partners. If not I'll just play some unranked.
Why not just open TvZ blue flame Forgg style.

Feel much better after picking myself up and having some intense ladder matches. Some were close.

I find that my mood drifts constantly. I am either in a defensive mood or an attacking mood. More defensive as of late which is why my games have been lackluster. Getting back into the groove of things with a plus in win vs losses! :D

BTW screw you Protoss and proxy Twiligh/Stargate. Its really hard to figure out which one the protoss is going for because they take both gas and have the 3rd pylon out of the base. I need to work on scouting the Stalker and gates is the only counter I can really think of except with the possibility of finding the proxy.

Chris R

Dear Terrans,

Please keep 1Aing me with 100 supply of marines at the 20 minute mark. I love using psy storm and colossi and seeing your supply disappear in seconds.

Thanks for making me feel better about myself.

Signed, a terribad Protoss player :p

Top Bottom