• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
EDIT: Read this if you want to read a salty individual who just lost a lot of games in a row.

I think I may be finally at the point where I just give up and stop playing. I've won 2 out of 15 games in games that had I not been playing mech I would have won and I really don't want to play bio. I really wish it didn't have to be like this but it feels like if the opponent isn't a complete moron it's impossible to win eugh

I really don't like complaining like this and I hate balance whiners more than anything, but this is pissing me off to the point of never wanting to touch the game again at the minute and I know if I take a break it'll only get worse.

Learn a build and abuse the shit out of it.

Ladder can be like that. Ill loose like 10 games in a row then following day go like 14-2,

edit: hmm guess I should refresh the thread before posting lulz

StayDead

Why not just open TvZ blue flame Forgg style.

I think I might do that actually.

I was trying (before my internet went down yesterday) to do proxy 2 port banshee (aka 2 port wraith from BW) but uhh, that doesn't work since zergs seemingly blindly build spores everywhere now :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I truly hope SC2GAF will keep us (me) updated when he starts streaming.

V_Arnold

My motherboard started breaking down last week, and since I kept underclocking my CPU because it failed to remain silent (hello, 4500+RPM vents) under stress, and now when we applied the new fans and replaced the thermal pasta as well, of course it had to completely give its life up.

BUT. The new MB arrived, there is a new cooler on the CPU, and tomorrow....TOMORROW I might be back at this SCII business. I might even play on higher than lowest settings. Jesus!

...and I also bought a new keyboard, since one or two buttons started failing me in my 8 year old basic Logitech keyboard. The replacement is a Microsoft keyboard, which, amazingly, already fits my hands better than my old friend :(

The best thing about the new motherboard is that I will be able to replace my Phenom II 550 with a new CPU, shall I desire to do so. (AM3+). Yeah, I am broke :p

Syf

Banned
Looks like the fears of the SC2 MLG Anaheim stage being small were unwarranted. It's definitely not the main stage, but we'll still see a good crowd:

OzpNlWb.jpg

StayDead

Hellbats are one hell of a motivator.

I've actually come to the conclusion that hellbats are actually awful when you're using them with mech. They're good for defending zergling counter attacks but that's about it.

Against toss I've found they just insta die to storm, archons and collosus (where as Hellions spread more) and against zerg they just get killed by hydras before they can even do anything.

SamuraiX-

Man, early aggression really is the key on the ladder.

When I tried to macro up and focus on economy in the past, I would always get demolished.

My TvZ and TvP are so much better after going for these 8-12 minute pressure timings in the early game.

I've actually come to the conclusion that hellbats are actually awful when you're using them with mech. They're good for defending zergling counter attacks but that's about it.

Against toss I've found they just insta die to storm, archons and collosus (where as Hellions spread more) and against zerg they just get killed by hydras before they can even do anything.

Load onto Medivacs and drop them. They suck at range but deadly with speed drops.

StayDead

Load onto Medivacs and drop them. They suck at range but deadly with speed drops.

After playing unranked all evening against pretty much just toss and terran, yeah, blue flame hellions are most certainly better for pushing.

Every mech terran seems to go hellbats which get owned by BFH and Toss seem to mass archon which destroy hellbats on their own pretty much.

EDIT: I thought I was playing unranked but it was ranked for this one, but this game is why I hate bio.
http://drop.sc/346611

I really wish it wasn't so easy to do this to a mech player. The trouble is you can't leave tanks behind as your army gets rolled over and personally I think you just don't even need to think to do what he did. Ah well, I enjoyed it and it was tense as hell slowly pushing at the end, but still, I hate bio so much. Whoever added the marauder to the game should be shot.

If I can learn to defend stuff like that and not lose the entirety of my mining, I should go back to winning so many games.

StayDead

I'm stuck in that hellhole in ladder playing unranked. I tanked down from high diamond all the way to low/mid and at that point in the leagues everyone cheeses every single damn game and it's unbearable.

I'm trying to learn my new builds and fair enough holding off cheese is a huge point of that, but I'm yet to get into a macro game in an even footing as I'm either miles ahead or miles behind.

Hopefully I can get in some more practice and work my way back out of this horrible pit.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm stuck in that hellhole in ladder playing unranked. I tanked down from high diamond all the way to low/mid and at that point in the leagues everyone cheeses every single damn game and it's unbearable.

I'm trying to learn my new builds and fair enough holding off cheese is a huge point of that, but I'm yet to get into a macro game in an even footing as I'm either miles ahead or miles behind.

Hopefully I can get in some more practice and work my way back out of this horrible pit.

I was getting cheesed more than half the time in platinum too before just giving up on playing a while ago. I don't hate cheesers, but I do find it extremely hard to practice against, and the middle ground of losing terribly to every cheese and winning easily against every non cheese was just making the game not fun. Especially when you have to fight hard for 20 minutes to get the ladder points that you later lose in less than 5.

I'm 14 pooling every game too, so it's not like I'm eco-cheesing. It's just hard to tell what you need to be doing to defend.

StayDead

I was getting cheesed more than half the time in platinum too before just giving up on playing a while ago. I don't hate cheesers, but I do find it extremely hard to practice against, and the middle ground of losing terribly to every cheese and winning easily against every non cheese was just making the game not fun. Especially when you have to fight hard for 20 minutes to get the ladder points that you later lose in less than 5.

I'm 14 pooling every game too, so it's not like I'm eco-cheesing. It's just hard to tell what you need to be doing to defend.

I'm playing unranked so it's not an entirely big deal, but once again I got so close to getting legit masters (yeah I was masters last season but it seems everyone was) and then I just went on my huge losing streak which tanked my MMR to this point.

It's really annoying, but I'll get there. It's horrible to lose against cheese but eventually you figure out how to scout all of it and how to defend it all and then you just go on a huge win streak :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holden is a Zelda pro? Damn son. That's crazy.

You'll eventually get to a point where you'll crush 99% of cheese. It just takes time and full understanding of scouting.

Also if you open with a greedy style then you should already know the counter is a cheese.

StayDead

I finally figured out why I was dying to everything early game in TvP.

I for some reason wasn't seige expanding anymore and trying to go for more modern BWish styles which just die to blink and every other all in. I've gone mega retro to a proper siege expand of gas - factory - pull guys off gas and get CC then add back in and keep making tanks. I then before bothering with hellions add my second techlab fact and get a ridiculous tank count super fast.

BREAK ME NOW aha! :D

Just completely crushed a blink all in from this guy just now.

Yoshichan

Satisfying to beat toss right? Ah, sooooo good.

StayDead

Just played a game where I was BW Flash. SOOO MANY TURRETS

this guy just massed mutas hoping to win against mech. Thors and turrets are good against that :p

StayDead

siege expand man, damn. It's protected me from pretty much every form of early agression so far since you also get an early ebay for turrets.

I just got worker rushed (zzerg) which I held off and he went to try and baneling bust me after and my 1 tank at my wall made him leave instantly :D

Q8D3vil

hellbats, hellbats, hellbats

or

marines, marines, widow mines

You are welcome!

(Joking, joking. Half-joking? Anyway, good to see you being back! :D)
The problem is i dont understand the new units right now, like does widow mine auto explode when a unit walk over it or do i need to do it manually like burrowed banelings ?

profit

The problem is i dont understand the new units right now, like does widow mine auto explode when a unit walk over it or do i need to do it manually like burrowed banelings ?

It has a "siege" radius like siege tanks and Tempest. It auto fires, but you can delay it by manually click spamming on enemy units untill you want it to fire.

Yoshichan

Top Bottom