• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Ketch

Sweet! Hyun just used the same early roach aggression build that I use! Like down to the supply count! So awesome.

SamuraiX-

qxc just qualified for IEM Shanghai. He's been on an incredible roll lately. Only 2 players qualified from the Americas: Polt and qxc

qxc just qualified for IEM Shanghai. He's been on an incredible roll lately. Only 2 players qualified from the Americas: Polt and qxc

Wow can you link the brackets? I watched the Polt vs qxc match and it was actually pretty close until the late late game.

Glad for qxc and Polt has been on a streak since MLG, not dropping a single map in both tournaments.

SamuraiX-

KtoJ48V.jpg

Yay, Smix! Hope this means the other translator guy won't be there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
For his 100th victory, they let MKP jump out of a cake, in a bikini. No VOD's.
Ufflgaökfftkbvgyuuyerwwtyyefklihvcfhkö

:(

Won

LOL, no :)

I mean the role shown on the dreamhack poster above my post, "Adebisi, in-game observer". What does he do?

It's his point of view of the match you see on the stream instead of one of the casters. Basically the in-game cameraman/director of the event.

Apollo and artosis back together! Dreamhack looking much better than MLG already.

That's not true at all. They still mean a lot. Just because you have to wait until tomorrow to get another game doesn't mean there's no hype. Are you Khaldor? You're pretty much just recycling his opinion and it's ridiculous.

First of all i never watched the stream and have no idea what Khaldor said about it so don't make assumptions about my opinion, thanks. If you can't post a legitimate argument you don't have to respond at all.

I never said there was no hype because you have to wait a day to see another game. I said there is no hype because you have to wait a week to see any actual results. Sure in reality the matches still have the same meaning but the victories feel hollow when you have to wait to find out what they actually mean. So innovation beat flash, yay, they're both still in code S and the group is still going. For all we knew they may well just end up facing again soon.

I haven't seen the viewer count but i can pretty much guess that the flash v innovation didn't even come close to the viewer count that the group of death got last season despite that group being just as good (is there a bigger matchup than those 2 right now?).

Considering you didn't even bother to respond to anything else in my post i'm not sure why i'm doing you the courtesy of actually responding. There's no need to be a dick because someone disagrees with you.

danielcw

It's his point of view of the match you see on the stream instead of one of the casters. Basically the in-game cameraman/director of the event.

Ah, I always thought it was one of the casters.

Can the casters influence him?
Do casters usually also look at their own camera, or only look at the ingame observers point of view?

Aaron

Ah, I always thought it was one of the casters.

Can the casters influence him?
Do casters usually also look at their own camera, or only look at the ingame observers point of view?
Normally at least one caster is logged into the game and can view how they want. The casters will also say that they should see such and such, and usually the observer will check that out, but normally the observer is catching the stuff before they do.

Normally at least one caster is logged into the game and can view how they want. The casters will also say that they should see such and such, and usually the observer will check that out, but normally the observer is catching the stuff before they do.

A lot of the time they'll sit there clicking on something and circling it and the casters still don't notice.

Ketch

is it a problem that I hate innovation?

he just seems like such a smug little prick who relies way too much on hellbats. I'm surely wrong, but I feel like if it wasn't for the hellbat there's no way he'd be doing aswell as he is.

(for context: just got done watch flash v innovation from wcs korea group b)

SamuraiX-

he just seems like such a smug little prick who relies way too much on hellbats. I'm surely wrong, but I feel like if it wasn't for the hellbat there's no way he'd be doing aswell as he is.

INnoVation stepped his game into a completely different tier when HotS came out. His macro, micro, instincts, starsense, etc. improved by several folds.

The Hellbat drops are just a product of the TvT match up right now. It's way too easy to do economic damage with them and if you're caught with your opponent using them while you choose another composition, it's generally pretty difficult to win.

I think you need to go back and actually watch the play that saw him rise to the top. If anything most of it was against zerg and he was extremely widow mine heavy in his play.

Sure he is using a lot of hellbats right now because that is where the meta game has headed but he isn't reliant on them. It's a little unfair to level that complaint at him when every other terran at the top is basically trying the same thing.

Just have to wait for this obsession with hellbats to settle down (that or the inevitable balance patch if it doesn't).

Ketch

I think you need to go back and actually watch the play that saw him rise to the top. If anything most of it was against zerg and he was extremely widow mine heavy in his play.

Sure he is using a lot of hellbats right now because that is where the meta game has headed but he isn't reliant on them. It's a little unfair to level that complaint at him when every other terran at the top is basically trying the same thing.

Just have to wait for this obsession with hellbats to settle down (that or the inevitable balance patch if it doesn't).

Oh, I would levy that complaint against every T who relies too much on hellbats, but I don't want to complain about balance.

It's mostly just inno's stupid smug smile when he wins, and specifically when it comes after the heavy hellbat drops.

Maybe he knows it's cheesy as fuck and can do nothing but laugh at the situation.

Oh, I would levy that complaint against every T who relies too much on hellbats, but I don't want to complain about balance.

It's mostly just inno's stupid smug smile when he wins, and specifically when it comes after the heavy hellbat drops.

Maybe he knows it's cheesy as fuck and can do nothing but laugh at the situation.

Would be kind of funny if true. I still think people will learn to deal with it a little bit better as time goes on,

tunning in now, I really like both MMA and Hyun! getting hyped.

I like them both but i would love to see MMA return to form, definitely rooting for him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

J2d

Single match, could be from a set, I'm guessing a tvz is the way to go but I can't think of any at the moment.

SamuraiX-

So HuK defeated Goswser 2-1 in the Losers Match... just defeated MMA to go up 1-0 in the last match to decide who advances from Group F with HyuN....

C'mon, MMA. plz ;_;

Top Bottom