• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Chris R

Are reaper openings more common in Gold and higher?

Just came across my first T opponent, only lost a single probe too and it got my APM to jump and stay higher than my average for the rest of the game (stupid me didn't get HTs out quickly enough :( )

Much nicer than the typical Turtle Terran.

Chris R

Yea... They're more fun than turtle terrans. But watch out for the early +1 pushes.

It isn't the early +1 that gets me, it's the fact that I often don't drop a second forge until my +1 is almost done and end up losing to +2/+2 when I'm 85% of the way to +2/+1 :| At least I'm getting better at keeping my unspent resources under control and getting my APM up. I just need to play more :p

SamuraiX-

Wow, it looks like mOOnGLaDe got beat 2-1 TWICE by this Terran player named iaguz in the SEA qualifiers for IEM Shanghai. Only one of them could make it, so it looks like mOONGLaDe is staying home for this one.

Honestly never heard of this guy before. It'll be interesting to see how he performs at the tournament.

Ketch

Wow, it looks like mOOnGLaDe got beat 2-1 TWICE by this Terran player named iaguz in the SEA qualifiers for IEM Shanghai. Only one of them could make it, so it looks like mOONGLaDe is staying home for this one.

Honestly never heard of this guy before. It'll be interesting to see how he performs at the tournament.

Iaguz was on ep10 of Meta

I watched all of the matches today and I agree, the WCS America content is looking much better now that MLG isn't involved. The MLG production felt cheap, and I was never a fan of Axeltoss/Axslav.

Agreed. For what is supposed to be the premier tournament in NA it was kind of embarrassing having such amateur production values and casters. If blizzard are serious about making WCS a big thing they need to make sure the tournament is run better than that. They shouldn't give it back to MLG imo.

SamuraiX-

Hey, guys. The RSL V Playoffs start today!

6xnmen4.png

Two matches today:
  • Match 1 - HyuN vs Symbol
  • Match 2 - Life vs SuperNova
Stream

Starting right now!

SamuraiX-

dat balance patch

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/9423503358#1

Blizzard said:
As always, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the balance of things, and have decided to address the issues concerning Terran and the Hellbat.

Here are our thoughts:

1. Hellbat drops are mainly an issue for TvT.

2. Terran isn't over performing so while nerfing Hellbats, we’d like to simultaneously push a buff to the Banshee.

3. We think seeing less Hellbat play in the early mid game is not a bad thing, as other Terran harass options are a lot more interesting to watch.

4. This change will also address any other lingering concerns we may have with Hellbats outside of TvT when it comes to early mid game.

So overall, we believe the changes we've been testing in the balance test map are solid for Hellbats:
  • Attack damage decreased from 18 +12 vs. light to 18.
  • The Infernal Pre-Igniter upgrade increases attack damage from 18 to 18 +12 vs. light.
Banshee changes on the other hand, we're planning on going ahead with just the cost reduction change only:
  • Cloaking Field research cost decreased from 200/200 to 100/100
Let us know if you have any feedback. We are looking to implement these changes sometime this week.

Deadman

It will be interesting to see how this affects zvt, since hellbats were really strong and even though banshees are buffed I dont think they will make up the difference. Now that spores come before evo chambers who cares if they have cloak.

Syf

Banned
As a Terran player, I think the changes make sense. Hellbats were ruining TvT. Gonna have to experiment a bit with the halved cost of cloaking..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hate banshees... Now I'm gonna hate them even more...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Has this patch gone live? I'm about to hop on and start playing. I want to make sure I'm ready for the Banshees coming my way lol

Ketch

banshees are so easy to deal with though, I'm pretty sure they're made out of paper maaaah shhhhey

When spelling doesn't work, use fo net ix

SamuraiX-

banshees are so easy to deal with though, I'm pretty sure they're made out of paper maaaah shhhhey

Not when you get double Starport proxied and there's like 10 of them ripping apart your main and natural simultaneously...

/bitterbecauseithappenedtome

:-(

Hoping this patch doesn't change too much, i actually like all the hellbat play. I don't think the banshee change will have any impact at all, the cost of cloak isn't why you see so little banshee play.

I'm glad blizzard aren't making any real big changes (even though some units really need it and not because of balance).

Edit: If they are worried about matchups being ruined i think they ought to cast their eye at PvZ than TvT. Even with hellbat drops TvT was in a much better spot.

profit

When spelling doesn't work, use fo net ix

For Zerg players sure, you guys can get spores without an issue and when the T invests so much for that cloak banshee attack, he wont have too much marines to deny scouting his opening.

Ketch

#3 in my division, keeping my bonus pool at 0, gone 42 for 79............. dare I get my hopes up???????

The answer is no, here comes the train to loser town.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will change name to Yoshibro

Syf

Banned
New SC2 team league starting up tonight, just announced by incontrol. Great caster lineup. I'm looking forward to this.

http://www.sc2l.gg/

Teams: Acer, Axiom, CoL-Dignitas, Evil Geniuses, Mousesports, Na'Vi, ROOT, Team Liquid.

Casters: incontrol, day9, djwheat, artosis.

SamuraiX-

New SC2 team league starting up tonight, just announced by incontrol. Great caster lineup. I'm looking forward to this.

http://www.sc2l.gg/

Teams: Acer, Axiom, CoL-Dignitas, Evil Geniuses, Mousesports, Na'Vi, ROOT, Team Liquid.

Casters: incontrol, day9, djwheat, artosis.

I hope we actually see some of the ace players from EG, TL and Mousesports. I feel like they may not take this seriously enough...

So I'm "Elite" in vs. A.I. mode lol I'm practicing an opening for TvT and it's worked pretty damn well in every matchup.

On that subject, is it really not possible to select which race the A.I. is? That's so stupid.

Son1x

I'm still stuck on lvl 29 as Protoss. Both Zerg and Terran have been maxed for some time now. The last 15 or so games I played, I always got Zerg or Terran. Random really is random

Yoshichan

What is TL's new streaming policy?

SamuraiX-

Puzzle just took game one off Flash in Shanghai qualifier. Pretty standard tvp though.

...and then Mini defeats Flash 2-0. Mini of all people. COME ON, this feels like the MLG Spring Championship qualifiers all over again. No way these players aren't throwing games.

Then Dear got 2-0'd by MyuNgSiK. Jangbi 2-0'd by Solar. Stats 2-0'd by eMotion (who the FUCK?)

Wunder

What is TL's new streaming policy?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=420347

Basically if you're in the WCS system you get a pass. If you also have a core fanbase from existing tournaments and/or you're an entertainer, you also get a pass. It's kind of what they did anyway, but now it's official and more concrete. Nony didn't like being dictated by the fact that you have to have x viewers when you stream because he said it could be manipulated by the broadcaster or something.

Wunder

lol awesome

Also, does TL have that much pull in terms of stream viewers that come from their site?

extremely anecdotal but when TL was down for an abnormally long maintenance I couldn't find any good SC2 streams to watch and ended up not watching anything. It's weird but Twitch's directory is pretty clunky and TL definitely helps in regards to events and smaller streamers that aren't on the front page of Twitch or the first few in the SC2 page.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lol awesome

Also, does TL have that much pull in terms of stream viewers that come from their site?

In the past, when Destiny(or maybe it was idra) was banned from TL, his stream was too, and he said he lost alot of money due to it.

MLG's first PPV only tournament was not listed on TL, they had to negotiate something after to get listed.

Top Bottom