• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Well, that was a buzz kill...

And now on to the main event!

The IEM Shanghai Korea / Taiwan Open Cup Qualifier!!

dcQIT7V.png

This is gonna be better than DreamHack Valencia.

WTF Prime team? None of your Terran players are in foreign tournaments! What the hell is going on?

At least you have your other races team member are in the tournament.

Edit: Oh I check the main page and it turns out MKP was in the tourney lol.

SamuraiX-

WTF Prime team? None of your Terran players are in foreign tournaments! What the hell is going on?

At least you have your other races team member are in the tournament.

CreatorPrime FIGHTING~!!

He has to play the winner of First vs Genius. ;_;

Life was knocked out by MVPSuper! :O

Holden

brood war? casual. My brother still plays the original starcraft. [DT's are apparently op but what else is new]

i actually played some sc2 recently. was weird. >_> kinda funny how your hands remember half the hotkeys but not others.

wtf vanilla starcraft sucks dick, mutis are the most op shit cause there are no corsairs/goliath range etc

Whoa! Genius defeated First! And then Creator defeated Genius!!

w0000t! :D

I hope this means Creator is getting back into form.

Also I just watched JJakji get pwned by Violet, it was painful as a Terran player.

Didn't help that it felt like a Platinum Terran vs Master Zerg. >.>^

SamuraiX-

I hope this means Creator is getting back into form.

Also I just watched JJakji get pwned by Violet, it was painful as a Terran player.

Didn't help that it felt like a Platinum Terran vs Master Zerg. >.>^

Yeah, JJ is just not the same... his micro and multitasking definitely looked a tier below in that match. I was rooting for viOLet anyway though. :p

So MarineKing 2-0's MMA and DRG 2-0's KeeN, both advancing into Ro16. Nice to see those two making a push. :D

Edit: Actually, I'm getting mixed signals. The official bracket has MMA advancing but Liquipedia shows MarineKing. lol

Yeah, JJ is just not the same... his micro and multitasking definitely looked a tier below in that match. I was rooting for viOLet anyway though. :p

So MarineKing 2-0's MMA and DRG 2-0's KeeN, both advancing into Ro16. Nice to see those two making a push. :D

Edit: Actually, I'm getting mixed signals. The official bracket has MMA advancing but Liquipedia shows MarineKing. lol

Yeah I don't even see MKP on the main bracket! Creator just did the most awesome hold vs Jaedong. This has been a good PvZ.

SamuraiX-

Yeah I don't even see MKP on the main bracket! Creator just did the most awesome hold vs Jaedong. This has been a good PvZ.

Yeah, it looks like MarineKing is named "SinabroPrime" on ESL's bracket. lol

YoDa knocked out by SuperNova... ;_;

Awesome comeback by Creator! JD's weak ZvP is showing.

Creator 2-0's JD!! His next opponent is the winner of San vs StarTale Zero.

MKP T_T WHY WHY WHY!

You disappoint me so much! You had game 1. But you had to push too hard and lose your Marines!

Then this game 2 you didn't push when you actually had the advantage.....

Creator please save the Prime team!

SamuraiX-

Why no tanks MKP? So lazy.

Terran players assume that Widow Mines can completely replace Siege Tanks versus Zerg nowadays.

Problem is all of his Widow Mine hits either sucked or were non-existent. Great play from BBoongBBoong to target them down before they can get shots off.

Just realized that MKP was the last Terran left in this Open Cup. And Reality was the only Terran to qualify from the KeSPA Cup. lmfao

Edit: HyuN vs BBoongBBoong up next!

Terran players assume that Widow Mines can completely replace Siege Tanks versus Zerg nowadays.

Problem is all of his Widow Mine hits either sucked or were non-existent. Great play from BBoongBBoong to target them down before they can get shots off.

Just realized that MKP was the last Terran left in this Open Cup. And Reality was the only Terran to qualify from the KeSPA Cup. lmfao

Wait seriously! Supernova lost vs Hyun?

Lots of Terrans in the Stage 2 of the tournament, only 1 Protoss, 5 Terrans and 6 Zergs lol. All world class ones.

Starcraft open finals starts in 30 mins get in the neogaf group chat on the US server if you want to obs.

link to group : starcraft://group/1/4508

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Very GJ! Awesome job both players!

Ketch

Yey tourney is over! Thanks to everyone who participated. Hope you all had a good time. =) Sorry the live show for the finals didn't work out.

Update on my game: I've hit the downswing again after my latest win streak. It's really hard to get out of gold. I feel like once MMR gets boost up where I'm facing top golds everyone is just super aggro. One base terrans / 2 base gate first protoss / mass non stop lings or like 6 minute mutas. Ugh it's rough.

SamuraiX-

Thanks again to everyone involved and everyone who put the tournament together! The finals were fantastic. Great play from both shake and EscapingJail and congrats to EJ!

IEM Shanghai Korea / Taiwan Stage 2 Qualifier

HeX8Wth.png

Streams
Anybody watching? Believe it or not, this is a Round of 16 qualifier for the IEM Shanghai tournament that'll happen at the end of the month.

Pretty mind blowing. lol

What sucks is even bigger names were already eliminated in the KeSPA Cup and the Open Cup that happened earlier. :(

First match will be Mvp vs DRG... :O

SamuraiX-

So, I take back everything I've said/thought about Reality, MyuNgSiK and San. They are playing out of their minds.

MyuNgSiK just 2-1'd HyuN.

Streams

DRG is gone. 2-1'd by Solar.

SamuraiX-

Innovation last terran in the winners bracket. He really seems to be struggling with the hellbat nerf.

Not winning every game in the first 10-15 minutes isn't the same thing as "struggling" to me.

He still looks pretty much unstoppable. But at least now his opponents can stay alive into the mid-late game.

Streams

MyuNgSiK just took Game 1 against INnoVation with some absolute incrediblely play and patience. When did this guy get so good?

INno played like his usual fantastic self, but MyuNgSiK just bled him out. Denying expansions, 2-3 Stalkers behind mineral lines, Zealots under CCs, all while engaging with his army vs INno's army beautifully in the middle of the map. Man, if there's a VOD of that, you guys gotta get on it!

SamuraiX-

I was being sarcastic.

Sorry, I figured afterwards. All my detectors kinda shut off after midnight. lol

Streams

MyuNgSiK almost pulled off a double proxy 10 gate vs INnoVation to beat him 2-1 and qualify for IEM Shanghai..... and he built his Pylon one hex off that would've stopped INno from walling himself in. v_v

San showing some really cool play today. Really good micro and usage of the warp prism, would like to see more players use this style.

Edit: Dat phoenix play. They sure are entertaining to watch.

Was going to wake up in time for this but ended up sleeping past it. :(

Evo kept me up too late.

Anyways good games, hope IEM can deal with the reduced amount of Korean Terrans lol.

Top Bottom