• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I started DOTA last week.

Hope the coaching arrangements work out. Are they jumping to LoL or DOTA or something else?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm still here bros!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why does no one do this whenever I say "I'm about to play some SC2"?

in b4 Holden: "cuz sc2 sux"

Yoshichan

Vi sittar här i Venten och spelar lite dota
å pushar på å smeker, med motståndet vi leker
Hate his face and that song :(

Yoshichan

This thread just leveled up

Moar swedish!

SamuraiX-

Zb5sBCR.png

Today's matches:

gQl2j6X.png
Scarlett vs
SwHrrut.png
Jim (Best of 3) -- Result:
Scarlett 2 - 0 Jim
gQl2j6X.png
Life vs
gR6X0e0.png
MMA (Best of 5) -- Result:
Life 3 - 2 MMA

Stream

http://www.twitch.tv/khaldor

Playoffs Bracket:

Zqmw4Te.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Let's do this

Yoshi is dodging me. :( </3

in somewhat related news, the spilled beverage Gods have claimed my Razer blackwidow, i have commended it's soul into the earth and thanked it for its years of service. I now welcome my new steelseries 7G overlord and will break it in by 6pooling someone.

edit:
Functional.

ESnoa0Z.jpg

profit

Why does no one do this whenever I say "I'm about to play some SC2"?

in b4 Holden: "cuz sc2 sux"

Well because SC2 is not a team game. When I get on SC2 I just want to play some games, and if I can a hold of someone immediately, thats great but its not necesarry.

When you play a team game, its not necesarry to get some friends together, but it enhances the fun. For me anyways.

Yoshichan

I am NOT ignoring you Panda, I would never! I'd love to play some games but it'll have to happen next month - way too busy with shitty work this month ._.

Sometimes it feels like blizz are trying to fuck things up. I guess maybe they want to show people how a proper company runs it's esport. I'm a massive SC2 fan but the international is going to shame anything blizz could ever put on.

Mairu

I'm so goddamn busy with work+moving I haven't had time to watch any SC2 recently =(

But then I see that Blizzard keeps making mistake after mistake with WCS and I wonder why I even bother. It's like they want people to stop caring about SC2.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm so goddamn busy with work+moving I haven't had time to watch any SC2 recently =(

But then I see that Blizzard keeps making mistake after mistake with WCS and I wonder why I even bother. It's like they want people to stop caring about SC2.

Just wait for blizz dota! It will turn things around for esports!

You think with the purchase of IPL that blizz would improve on its Esports focus....but alas...nope!

Mairu

i think what theyve done so far post HOTS has been pretty good tbh

against blizz ofc

HOTS is a good game, but everything they've done this year with WCS has been mistake after mistake after mistake. Whoever has been in charge of eSports at Blizzard since Ilja Rotelli left for Riot is a fucking moron.

Boken

Banned
HOTS is a good game, but everything they've done this year with WCS has been mistake after mistake after mistake. Whoever has been in charge of eSports at Blizzard since Ilja Rotelli left for Riot is a fucking moron.
Establishing the WCS, adding esports exposure in the client

All sound pretty good at least

Aaron

Dear Blizzard, I've been watching pro Starcraft since Broodwar, and even I'm watching the International. You've dun fucked up.

i think what theyve done so far post HOTS has been pretty good tbh

All they have done is establish the WCS which has frankly been a clusterfuck. It has also negatively impacted the scene outside of the WCS. If anything there was a lot of increased hype with the release of HOTS and since the announcement of WCS things have slowly been going downhill.

I'm curious what else they have really done that is positive. Compared to riot and valve blizzard are a joke.

against blizz ofc

That definitely sounds like me.

Yoshichan

CmdBash

is it me or are blizzard trying to purposely kill the competitive scene. Why on earth would you every set your wcs regional finals all on the same weekend as the damn biggest, most prestigious dota 2 tournament of the year? Seriously, I never ever watch dota 2 and I'm still going to pick it over some lame sc2 regionals.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The value Valve has added to DOTA 2 and it's tournaments and direct financial support and promotion and prize money for teams completely eclipses Blizzard's shitty and thrown together WCS.

Spectator is stupidly amazing, all eSports stuff is right in the client, purchases for teams are visible and support them, you get fucking player cards as loot drops, this thing: http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium/

International 2:
b10IdMq.png

...and International 3 has 2.6M+ as a prizepool (vs. 1.6M) with an obvious focus on eSports.

SamuraiX-

Update from Kim Phan on reddit:

Kim Phan said:
We wanted to clarify a few points regarding the timing of the WCS Season 2 League Finals. Given the intricacies of coordinating schedules between multiple regions and partners, travel requirements for pro-gamers, availability of appropriate venues, and more, it's quite a challenge to align all these often conflicting priorities. Adding in the schedules of other events which we have no control over adds another layer of unworkable complexity.

So how did we arrive at the dates for the major WCS Season 2 events? What we knew is that we wanted to have ESL produce a world-class Finals event at gamescom in Germany in late August, which they'll be announcing more details about very soon. That meant working the schedule backward from that point. In order to give partners enough time to plan and execute for a global Season 2 Finals at gamescom, there was only a small window of opportunity for us to have the various regional finals.

Unfortunately this has resulted in overlaps with other major eSports events. These conflicts were certainly not intentional. This simple fact is that as eSports has grown with more events, more games, and more viewers; it's nearly impossible to avoid all conflicts. Many major weekend events already host multiple games, which are running simultaneous game streams in conflict with each other.

That said, we do understand the various concerns that players, teams, and viewers have with this particular conflict and as we have in the past, will continue to do our best to avoid this type of overlap in the future.

trollolololololololol

Yoshichan

Top Bottom