• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Hey, I vote for a merger of next season's and future seasons Proleague and GSTL threads.

Who says no? :)

I just figure it would be the best way to go considering it would be the focal point of KeSPA and eSF team leagues as well as fantasy team discussion. The traffic in both threads seem to be relatively low and it would help to trim down on the number of StarCraft threads.

SamuraiX-

E4yge9D.jpg

South Korea National Finals

After a series of 15 single-elimination open qualifiers,16 of the best players in the country will compete for a qualifying spot at the World Cyber Games 2013.

Stream

http://www.twitch.tv/khaldor

Bracket

Wy3JMWE.png

Boken

Banned
Those brackets prove that intelligent design is a fraud

Oh it's pandas birthday....? Happy... Birthday I guess. It's not like I even care baka!

Why is your apm so high for an old person?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hey, I vote for a merger of next season's and future seasons Proleague and GSTL threads.

I just figure it would be the best way to go considering it would be the focal point of KeSPA and eSF team leagues as well as fantasy team discussion. The traffic in both threads seem to be relatively low and it would help to trim down on the number of StarCraft threads.

Probably any tourny thread that isnt a weekend/short event should probably be combined into one by now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I might end it with my gf today so I'll need your support later when I'm gonna be depressed

Mairu

At this point you might as well just have one ongoing SC2eSports thread - and then MAYBE every once in awhile for a big finals/event have that separate (though I don't know how active the tournament threads are now considering I haven't had time to watch/post myself)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah a general SC II eSports thread would be good, problem is finding all the info usually in OPs since it'll be scattered.

Thread OP would have to be updated for each event, but at least people could sub and know where it was every time.

Mairu

Yeah a general SC II eSports thread would be good, problem is finding all the info usually in OPs since it'll be scattered.

Thread OP would have to be updated for each event, but at least people could sub and know where it was every time.

you mean the problem is you would avoid it completely because every post is a spoiler.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why breaking up? Found someone else @ grönan?
No man, we just seem to be arguing about everything nowadays, even the smallest shit that we seem to forget about the day after... She has major issues with me browsing GAF from time to time, despite telling/convincing her multiple times that this isn't a fucking dating-site and me getting constant PMs on this site is making her rage for some reason. She also "breaks up" with me once every 3-4 days and it usually lasts like 12 hours before she comes to me and seduces me back. She also won't allow me to continue my gaming-hobby as much as I'd love to. And considering the fact that she has no hobbies whatsoever AND clings on me 24/7, there's little to no time spent alone - and I love me some privacy time from time to time (don't we all?!).

Sigh.

fanboi

Banned
No man, we just seem to be arguing about everything nowadays, even the smallest shit that we seem to forget about the day after... She has major issues with me browsing GAF from time to time, despite telling/convincing her multiple times that this isn't a fucking dating-site and me getting constant PMs on this site is making her rage for some reason. She also "breaks up" with me once every 3-4 days and it usually lasts like 12 hours before she comes to me and seduces me back. She also won't allow me to continue my gaming-hobby as much as I'd love to. And considering the fact that she has no hobbies whatsoever AND clings on me 24/7, there's little to no time spent alone - and I love me some privacy time from time to time (don't we all?!).

Sigh.

Bailout.gif

Yoshichan

Banned site, just a bunch of ****'s :(

Edit: now it's working... And yeah, bailout indeed ._.

Yoshichan

Well, that's that.

Yoshichan

I dunno, I just feel lonely as fuck right now. We're still in Stockholm, waiting for the train back home...

profit

Anyone else's Chrome acting up with Flash stuff lately? I have to refresh Twitch streams like 10 times before video finally shows up.

SamuraiX-

HuK actually looks like a decent player when he's not Gateway all-in'ing every damn game.

Anyone else's Chrome acting up with Flash stuff lately? I have to refresh Twitch streams like 10 times before video finally shows up.

This happens to me every now and then. If it gets too annoying, I just open up Task Manager and close all the chrome.exes and restart it.

Revival broke the curse. Can Huk reestablish the curse?

EG CURSE GONE FOREVER :O

NbiBdKM.png

profit

This happens to me every now and then. If it gets too annoying, I just open up Task Manager and close all the chrome.exes and restart it.
Thanks, tried it but did not help. I'm starting to expect its Twitch or just Flash in general, cause I'm having the same issue on Firefox....

Yoshichan

Shit... Fuck... Wow...

Edit: heh, browsed through all my phone pictures and saw this (from Dreamhack Open)... I got a laugh at least...

T4vPb3W.jpg

Watching so much HotS lately I think I'm gonna try to at least somewhat get into it competitively. Finally beat hard AI 1 on 1 for the first time. Kept picking random and getting Terran before finally realizing I suck as Terran. Gonna probably stick with Zerg.

Zynx

Hmm, I'm curious how much upheaval there will be once the esf/kespa no-trade thing runs out. I originally would've expected kespa to poach a lot of players, with the kespa teams paying more on average, but with their core domestic audience cratering (and lol proleague now on the way), I'm not so sure. Maybe some teams will dump their poor players and try to pick up some esf players cheaply to replace them? But I have a feeling not many players will move if the money isn't that good.

I am going to make the wild prediction that Green Wings gets their pick from all of STX Soul's players, when the latter team folds.

Wunder

Watching so much HotS lately I think I'm gonna try to at least somewhat get into it competitively. Finally beat hard AI 1 on 1 for the first time. Kept picking random and getting Terran before finally realizing I suck as Terran. Gonna probably stick with Zerg.

Awesome, welcome to Starcraft! It's definitely daunting at first but if you're already into eSports it should be a lot more motivating than just playing the game. Watching your favorite pro streamer helps an absolute ton (especially if they have a learning environment to their stream and it's not just a ladder session). You pick things up a lot faster and also get motivated to try and recreate some of the build orders or micro tricks that that player does.

Hopefully you'll play some Unranked soon and get a taste of what a match vs a player is like. If you're on NA you can join the channel NeoGAF and post in this thread when you're playing and maybe one of us can hop on and spar with you a bit!

Awesome, welcome to Starcraft! It's definitely daunting at first but if you're already into eSports it should be a lot more motivating than just playing the game. Watching your favorite pro streamer helps an absolute ton (especially if they have a learning environment to their stream and it's not just a ladder session). You pick things up a lot faster and also get motivated to try and recreate some of the build orders or micro tricks that that player does.

Hopefully you'll play some Unranked soon and get a taste of what a match vs a player is like. If you're on NA you can join the channel NeoGAF and post in this thread when you're playing and maybe one of us can hop on and spar with you a bit!

Ok. I've always been into Starcraft, just not competitively. I got the first Starcraft for like my 10th birthday and then they put it on every computer at my towns Boys and Girls club.

Yoshichan

Wait, did I miss this for some reason?

<3 Yoshi!
:3 You missed the chance of seeing me holding that sign live during the Dreamhack Open finals!

Yoshichan

:lol Wtf! I had to confirm my sanity and check the original image... damn you Corran!

Yoshichan

gif for everythiiiiiiiiing!

Top Bottom