• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
❤❤❤

ibdfkMMR6LC3w.gif

a3den

Hmm, I'm curious how much upheaval there will be once the esf/kespa no-trade thing runs out. I originally would've expected kespa to poach a lot of players, with the kespa teams paying more on average, but with their core domestic audience cratering (and lol proleague now on the way), I'm not so sure. Maybe some teams will dump their poor players and try to pick up some esf players cheaply to replace them? But I have a feeling not many players will move if the money isn't that good.

I am going to make the wild prediction that Green Wings gets their pick from all of STX Soul's players, when the latter team folds.

Talk of STX folding is overrated imo, chaebol always find a way.

The end of the no-trade agreement is gonna be a non-event if the esf teams did their work right (secure their ace players with contracts). I sure hope Startale got Life and Bomber on lock.

fanboi

Banned
Oh God, I'm sitting next to a elderly man on the train with some dissorder... And he is having the largest hard-on I have ever witness.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, still in sto? Sitting @ t centralen... Alone... Please come.
My man, sorry - would've gone there instantly if I was in Stockholm still. Now I'm back in shitty Örebro... Why don't you visit one day?

fanboi

Banned
My man, sorry - would've gone there instantly if I was in Stockholm still. Now I'm back in shitty Örebro... Why don't you visit one day?

I will, sometime, somehow, arrange a meeting with you... Trying to plan to attend a DH soon. Trying to get Knives to come aswell.

profit

Yoshichan

I will, sometime, somehow, arrange a meeting with you... Trying to plan to attend a DH soon. Trying to get Knives to come aswell.
Nowadays I'm attending every Dreamhack Sweden (Summer, Winter, Open) so just hook me up with a PM and let's get shit rolling whenever it's time!

SamuraiX-

New Maps for Season 5 2013

David Kim said:
We heard and agree with feedback from many of you that a complete alignment on the 1v1 map pool across all 3 regions as well as ladder would be cool to try at least for 1 season to check if this direction is better.

We've been discussing with all of our partners on what exact maps to have next season and here's the current list we're thinking on.

3 New maps:
  • Yeonsu - new TL map contest map
  • Frost - new TL map contest map
  • Polar Night - new gsl map
4 returning maps:
  • Akilion Wastes
  • Belshir Vestige
  • Derelict Watcher
  • Whirlwind

Just wanted to let you guys know asap also in order to hear more feedback. Thanks~

1v1 Additions

Yeonsu said:
Frost said:
Polar Night said:

1v1 Removals
  • (2) Neo Planet S
  • (2) Newkirk Precinct TE
  • (4) Red City LE
  • (4) Star Station
  • (4) Korhal Sky Island LE

I'm already madly in love with Yeonsu. Beautiful map. Loving the overall winter theme of the new additions.

SamuraiX-

StarCraft II Patch 2.0.10 is being distributed to all regions this week, and may not be live in your region yet. Please read on to check out the full patch notes, and enjoy our patch highlights video:

Blizzard said:
STARCRAFT II PATCH 2.0.10

GENERAL

A new Color Blind Mode has been added and can be enabled in the Gameplay options menu. When enabled, the following changes take effect:
  • Alternate colors are used to show the build grid when “Display Build Grid” is enabled.
  • Alternate colors are used to designate player colors when playing in teams.
  • Placement grid textures indicating unbuildable locations have been updated to display an “X” rather than changing from green to red.
  • Minimap terrain is darkened to provide more visual contrast between units and terrain.
A notification message is now broadcast to every player in the game when a player, spectator, or referee changes the game speed.

Destructible rocks now appear on the minimap.

Icon art for all three Protoss Ground Weapon upgrade levels have been updated to make them more visually distinct.

Friendly fire information is now stored in the PlayerStats events for replay tracker events.

BATTLE.NET

A “Ladder Maps” option has been added to the Browse dropdown menu in Custom Games. Selecting this option will filter the map list to display only the melee maps that are being used in the current season of the ladder. The map pool from each matchmaking queue can be displayed by selecting 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 from the “Category” dropdown menu.

A Technology column has been added to the Score Summary tab on the Score Screen.

USER INTERFACE

Two new custom observer UIs called “Split 1v1” and “Streamlined” have been added to StarCraft II and can be accessed by default from the Observer Interface dropdown in the Gameplay options menu:
  • Split 1v1: A slightly more graphic-intensive interface that reorganizes player names, supply counts, and resources across the top portion of the screen.
  • Streamlined: A lightweight interface that only displays resource counts in the top-right corner of the UI. This UI (or community variations of it) is commonly used for WCS broadcasts.
  • A “Units Lost” overlay has been added to both UIs. This can be toggled by pressing Shift + L and is currently only available in the Split 1v1 and Streamlined UIs, but modders can add this overlay to their own custom UIs.
  • Both UIs are .SC2Interface files that reside in the StarCraft II\Mods folder.
  • The game now reads .SC2Interface files from both the StarCraft II\Mods folder as well as the original My Documents\StarCraft II\Interfaces folder. It is recommended that modders continue to use the “My Documents” location.
Improved Replay Scrubbing
  • When watching a replay, it is now possible to drag the slider to any point in the replay timeline. When dragging the slider to a point beyond what has been watched, the screen will black out, pop out the minimap, and quickly fast forward to the specified time.
  • Clicking the Play button cancels fast forwarding and resumes replay playback.
  • Dragging the replay slider backward now begins playback at the exact time specified.
Two new zoom levels have been added to the observer camera which let observers zoom out much further than what was allowed prior to Patch 2.0.10:
  • Zoom Level 1 Hotkey: Z
  • Zoom Level 2 Hotkey: Shift + Z
  • While zoomed out at either of these levels, the mouse wheel will not change the zoom level. Only pressing the hotkey again will zoom the camera back in.

Cool stuff all around. Loving that we can fast forward and rewind in replays now.

Also, thank goodness for this:
Icon art for all three Protoss Ground Weapon upgrade levels have been updated to make them more visually distinct.
It's about damn time. lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Zoom levels sounds pretty useful for GSL and other tournaments.

A new Color Blind Mode has been added and can be enabled in the Gameplay options menu. When enabled, the following changes take effect:
Alternate colors are used to show the build grid when “Display Build Grid” is enabled.
Alternate colors are used to designate player colors when playing in teams.
Placement grid textures indicating unbuildable locations have been updated to display an “X” rather than changing from green to red.
Minimap terrain is darkened to provide more visual contrast between units and terrain.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ugh just had an hour long game (2vs2 vs hard AI) before finally losing. I got fucked by running out of gas and never getting a 4th base. Started off using roach/hydra before being stupid and realizing we were against 2 terran. Then went mostly baneling for defending and mutalisk/brood lord for harass. Eventually I ran out of gas for banelings and my brood lords and mutalisks got wrecked by HSM's. X_x

1vs1 I got up to harder AI but I haven't tried it yet.

Side note: Kiting HSM's into enemies is so satisfying.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

corran y u mad at terran now tho :(

Yoshichan

Wow, watching the 2.0.10 video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcOXnr12dk&feature=youtu.be) and drooling. No need to fast forward replays, just click wherever and poof!

Hypeeeeeeee!

edit: Also:

8K0x9Vl.png

'toss upgrades have always been hard to understand... they even changed it once before but it was still hard to see. Wtf were they thinking?

Playing against AI it seems that mass roach/hydra (with a few zerglings) counters anything Protoss does early. Beat them on harder without too much trouble. Getting happier with my build order. Need to work a ton on my ZvsT though before I start trying ladder.

Yoshichan

No, it's not just a poof.
Your PC still has to fast forward, it's just automated and with less stress for the GPU now, but you still have to wait, as far as I understand it.
Awwww :(

(._.)

Banned
I hate the current selection of streamers these days. JD and like a couple others are the only people I try to tune into. Seems like nobody who plays on twitch has APM over 150. Makes the game boring to watch.

SamuraiX-

I hate the current selection of streamers these days. JD and like a couple others are the only people I try to tune into. Seems like nobody who plays on twitch has APM over 150. Makes the game boring to watch.

DeMusliM streams a lot. He's always great to watch.

Yoshichan

Still on dat Swedish :D? Happy birthday man! How you gonna celebrate?
"These days"? People don't stream anymore or what?

Tacitus_

Do any of you guys have any sweet SCGaf art on the ready? ASUS ROG upped the production and the finals are actually on the main stage this year. Might be some crowd shots as well that I could shove into (not really since I'm finnish and drinking isn't allowed there).

SamuraiX-

Do any of you guys have any sweet SCGaf art on the ready? ASUS ROG upped the production and the finals are actually on the main stage this year. Might be some crowd shots as well that I could shove into (not really since I'm finnish and drinking isn't allowed there).

I was really looking forward to this tournament until everyone and their momma dropped out.

MaNa, Kas, Jaedong, Suppy, ForGG, NaNiwa, NightEnD all out... ;_;

Instead we get viPro, SortOf, TargA, BabyKnight, RunA, Naama and Bischu replacing them. Ugh

Well, at least we still got guys like MC, TaeJa, DRG, HyuN, VortiX, TLO, Dayshi, LucifroN, etc. playing. Should still be great to watch. :)

ksan

Still on dat Swedish :D? Happy birthday man! How you gonna celebrate?

#poolparty #everymassivehafficomealong #summertimeinkungenssommarhuspårivieran
party start from the parking lot, rum we a rave and drink all night

thats what i think he'll do

Top Bottom