• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope it fixes ALL of my issues I have with Twitch... And you guys know how much that is.

Mairu

Twitch quality now shows "Low, Medium, High, Source" instead of actual resolution numbers.

lol

This is a good change when you consider that resolution doesn't really tell quality. Bitrate is a more important piece of information than resolution, so I don't really care that they decided to label the quality like that.

Paches

God, I really hope not. I enjoy Proleague's format so much more than the way GSTL runs it. A unified league with a Proleague format would be awesome though.

They should do it like the NFL/MLB etc where they would split the Proleague and GSTL teams in to separate leagues. The 2 champions of the those leagues play head to head at some big event (like a Blizzcon or Dreamhack or a stand alone event). MVP vs SKT1 anyone? Yes please.

this actually works, for those who are interested.

Why would you watch on the Wii U pad where the screen isn't even HD?

YAY about GAF night. Really missed it.

Anyways got back into SC2 after a month and man did my macro slip.

Funny part is that my micro is off the chain!

Went 4-1 on the ladder and back to Gold after starting out in Silver. Working on getting to Plat by the next 2 weeks. Hope to be Diamond by the end of the season.

Remember how I asked people to be my partner for practice? Well I'm gonna start bugging whoever is on the GAF or Friend list channel for some matches. Usually from 12 am to 5 am EST which should let me play against Euro SC2 GAF.

BTW EJ I need help dealing with DTs and whichever Terran player we have, I need to work on dealing with cloaked Banshee builds.

profit

Why would you watch on the Wii U pad where the screen isn't even HD?
Because I like to watch some streams while Im in bed, or when I want to be with my girlfriend while she wachter her tv shows which dont really interest me.
Sure it may not have a HD resolution, but the picture quality is more then enough for me. Its pretty good actually.

Aylinato

What do I do when I'm stuck in my natural trying to hold off endless handling busts?

I always wall off at my base when under too much pressure. (not when protoss, only as terran)

with zerg..I just die...not! I 10p always so I am never worried lol

What do I do when I'm stuck in my natural trying to hold off endless handling busts?

handling busts? Do you mean Baneling busts?

Usually it depends on the opening you did as well as what race you are.

Since Zerg usually does busts on Terran I'm assuming you are Terran.

If you went CC first, you need about 3 bunkers and at least 2 Barracks to pump out enough units to hold on. Learn to scout the Gas or scan. If you see the nest, all the better. 1 or 2 Marauders help as they can eat Baneling damage easily.

Roach Bane version is the hardest to hold off, especially if you go 3CC.

A replay of you playing vs the bust would help so we can tell you what you need to fix.

Widow mines are even better as you can click on a baneling pack and kill them. Most Zergs won't have an Overseer with their early Bane busting army.

Another way to make things work is to use your workers as sacrifice to the banelings. Sure he does severe economic damage to you, but its better than letting all your marines and units die and losing the game to Lings in your base.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn auto correct! Lol

yea I'm Terran. I'll upload the replay.

I had a very successful open. I did a double widow marine drop and killed 20 drones with one hit. He then went bane, ling, muta and trapped me in my base. He got 2 extremely lucky engagements and caught me as I was leaving my base completely unsieged. At one point if I had waited 5 seconds I would have crushed his army and probably won the game. Instead i was trapped, couldn't take a 3rd.

zargle

Damn auto correct! Lol

yea I'm Terran. I'll upload the replay.

I had a very successful open. I did a double widow marine drop and killed 20 drones with one hit. He then went bane, ling, muta and trapped me in my base. He got 2 extremely lucky engagements and caught me as I was leaving my base completely unsieged. At one point if I had waited 5 seconds I would have crushed his army and probably won the game. Instead i was trapped, couldn't take a 3rd.

The correct answer is load all units, base trade. banelings cant explode up! Also, they wont let you take your third? Take their third! Secret base in their base!

Aylinato

The correct answer is load all units, base trade. banelings cant explode up! Also, they wont let you take your third? Take their third! Secret base in their base!

build ghosts too and nuke the banelings, they will never expect the spanish inquisition

Tashi

http://drop.sc/355855

Here's that match against the Zerg that I lost

Just lost to a protoss because for some reason my SCV's refused to repair the bunker against a 4 gate. They just stood there and did nothing.

Paches

I tried to practice and learn Toss and gave up so it tanked my ranking a bit. I switched back to Terran and the salt has begun to flow.

salt.jpg

Tashi

I just beat a Zerg who did a tech switch from Roaches to Ultras. What an idiot, I already had Marauders for days and the infrastructure to make a ton more.

http://drop.sc/355855

Here's that match against the Zerg that I lost

Just lost to a protoss because for some reason my SCV's refused to repair the bunker against a 4 gate. They just stood there and did nothing.

I just beat a Zerg who did a tech switch from Roaches to Ultras. What an idiot, I already had Marauders for days and the infrastructure to make a ton more.

Ok I will watch the replay soon.

If you need to repair a bunker, then make sure you right click autorepair. The AI is sometimes really stupid and the SCVs repair themselves but you should be focused on killing Stalkers which lowers the chance of the bunker going down and hurts the opponent more. The Zealots are usually to focused on the Bunker which your SCVs will repair if they aren't targeted. What probably happened in your case is that the SCVs stopped repairing after repairing the Bunker once which made it go down.

LOL At the Zerg who went Roach to Ultra. That is just hilarious. You need to share that replay!

Aylinato

o my god i forgot how bad random pubbies are in SC2. they are god aawful

I take on 4 armies and not one of my allies is reinforcing anywhere.

ARGHH

::Edit:: now I had an ally base attack me...must be my lucky day

Tashi

So I'm watching a rebroadcast of QXC today to pick up on some builds and man, he's really bad. Well not really but he's fucking slow. His micro is pretty poor and he makes very questionable decisions in regards to his unit placement and control. He was failing at simple things like picking up and dropping units from Medivacs. This is all relative to top Terrans btw. Is this par for the course for North American Terrans? DeMusliM is muuuuuuuuch better.

danielcw

Will be hosting a

GAF night-Wednesday. Be there, or get nerfed.

9pm EST
NA Server
Beating up on n00bs and taking names.

Team games to start off with! If enough people we can do in-house, maybe more than one team in random 4v4s (depending on how many we get)

Is there Teamspeak server or something like that?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I had a dream that Corran switched his GAF name to something completely unrecognizable... fuck, what a nightmare...

danielcw

It looks like SC2's NeoGAF group is international, so I should appear as online, when I am on the U.S. server.
Do we meet there or on the mumble server or is there a specific chat room?

We have a mumble server. However I am near my laptop to give the info,
[...snip...]
Too slow I am. :(

Thank you, both of you :)

Zen

Banned
So these new maps area lot of fun if harder to play on. It feels a bit more like BW to me since some of the maps are actually emphasizing terrain advantages.

Finally found someone worse than me in bronze. Played a terran that was only doing 13 apm and was probably his first time playing StarCraft 2 and I feel sad now. :/

Yoshichan

Finally found someone worse than me in bronze. Played a terran that was only doing 13 apm and was probably his first time playing StarCraft 2 and I feel sad now. :/
First step to becoming a pro: don't feel sorry for others when you beat them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I'm watching a rebroadcast of QXC today to pick up on some builds and man, he's really bad. Well not really but he's fucking slow. His micro is pretty poor and he makes very questionable decisions in regards to his unit placement and control. He was failing at simple things like picking up and dropping units from Medivacs. This is all relative to top Terrans btw. Is this par for the course for North American Terrans? DeMusliM is muuuuuuuuch better.
Don't talk shit on QXC >:[
He's coo and all killed Koreans n shit. Reppin and spreadin dat game know how.

I didn't watch, but yeah foreign Terrans are usually not that good.

Yoshichan

Top Bottom