• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I played a protoss yesterday that harassed my scv that was building my first rax. He managed to kill it as I stumbled to repair and attack with two other scvs. Then he actually killed another scv with that same fucking probe.

Then I canceled my rax.

Yoshichan: [insert three really vulgar words here]
Yoshichan has left the game

Yeah, SC2 is a fucking joke when you haven't played it seriously in months.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I played a protoss yesterday that harassed my scv that was building my first rax. He managed to kill it as I stumbled to repair and attack with two other scvs. Then he actually killed another scv with that same fucking probe.

Then I canceled my rax.

Yoshichan: [insert three really vulgar words here]
Yoshichan has left the game

Yeah, SC2 is a fucking joke when you haven't played it seriously in months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpmnIr_787w&noredirect=1

Nobody cares that the JangBANG is no more. ;_;_;_;

Also, when the hell is Iron Squid III gonna be happening? After the megaton of success they had with Iron Squid II I'm really surprised news about the next event hasn't even been hinted at for 7 solid months.

It's kind of hard to with WCS being on almost constantly. I really hope they do because the last iron squid was fucking amazing.

Edit: I feel sorry for the likes of jangbi, being forced to move onto a new game where they just couldn't find success. I do kind of wonder what they plan to do after or if anyone have any intentions of remaining in esports at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watching the vod of Flash streaming now... getting goosebumps O_O

Yoshichan

Man, why is Twitch so shit? Trying to watch this vod but it's lagging like ass and I can't even change the video settings... it's set on "Best" and it's sooooooo slow ._.

Watching the vod of Flash streaming now... getting goosebumps O_O

Only watched two games during the stream but one of his against a Zerg was freaking insane. Unlike most TvZ's lately the Zerg moved on from ling/baneling/muta vs marine/mine to Infestor's and ultralisks soon after. Flash would have been fucked if he didn't keep sniping his 4th.

Yoshichan

First game from Flashs perspective... here's what I think:

If I watch Jaedong stream, I see his camera going from one place to another in an insane speed. But with Flash, it's very different. Like, every action he does really counts and he seems to know exactly what he's doing and when he's gonna do it. His building placements are spot on and he knows where to have his units at all times.

Let's hope the next game shows his multitasking capabilities!

edit: Second game.

This time against a ling/bling/muta zerg. Flash shows that he is no MKP when it comes to splitting his marines quick enough. He is godlike at placing widow mines though, he makes really solid boxes and chooses which widow mine to use in an instant. He eats banelings a lot though :( His map awareness is really good, he pretty much knew were the mutalisks were all the times.

Skipped around Flash's VOD and either he's the weakest vs Zerg or Korean ladder Zerg's are godlike. Good fucking god at the game around the 2 hour mark. Flash got worked. o_O

a3den

Nobody cares that the JangBANG is no more. ;_;_;_;

Also, when the hell is Iron Squid III gonna be happening? After the megaton of success they had with Iron Squid II I'm really surprised news about the next event hasn't even been hinted at for 7 solid months.

IS3 is probably not happening soon. Not the fault of WCS though.

They did have a biz angel for the first two IS but they don't have him anymore. So I believe making IS3 happen would probably involve crowdfunding (they did a crowdfunded LoL event that worked well), as these guys don't have a shitload of money

Right now, their priorities clearly were the new version of their website ogaming.tv and their webtv. And they've got a big list of upcoming commentators and entertainers working with them now (not only esports related).

It'd be cool if they could steal a few sponsorships from Millenium though (I'm biased).

Yoshichan

I feel that no matter how good Flash plays against Korean ladder zerg, they're just too overwhelming at times. Fuck.

They did have a biz angel for the first two IS but they don't have him anymore. So I believe making IS3 happen would probably involve crowdfunding (they did a crowdfunded LoL event that worked well), as these guys don't have a shitload of money

Right now, their priorities clearly were the new version of their website ogaming.tv and their webtv. And they've got a big list of upcoming commentators and entertainers working with them now (not only esports related).

It'd be cool if they could steal a few sponsorships from Millenium though (I'm biased).

I would like to see some sort of crowd funded event (or even something like what valve did for TI3). I think people like to get involved in that way and it encourages them to actually tune in as well.

Yoshichan

Todays zerg are so frustrating. Same shit all the time.

Yoshichan

How long are you going to play today Yoshi? Would love to get a game or so in.
At work atm! Afterwards I might go to a birthday party, but nothing is confirmed yet... feeling quite sick so I might stay home and play some SC instead. If that's the case then I'll probably be able to play 4 hours from now, for at least 3-4 hours.

profit

At work atm! Afterwards I might go to a birthday party, but nothing is confirmed yet... feeling quite sick so I might stay home and play some SC instead. If that's the case then I'll probably be able to play 4 hours from now, for at least 3-4 hours.

Great, I'll hopefully see you online then.
EU or NA?

Yoshichan

Any region is fine, really but I guess EU will be less lag? So EU then?

Yoshichan

Sure thing, just need to know where I can find you when I'm online :)
Keep checking this thread. I'll update you as soon as I get information.

Yoshichan

Watched all 11 (?) games of Flash. Basically:

His TvP is insanely good. He only got to do one TvT but he seems really solid in that match up as well. TvZ however is lacking, but I honestly don't know how he can improve his play... by the looks of it, he's doing every right move but the battles are still close as hell.

Love watching Flash. Will watch more!

edit: profit, I am attending the birthday party. I don't know quite yet how I'll be staying there but I'll keep you updated.

profit

Watched all 11 (?) games of Flash. Basically:

His TvP is insanely good. He only got to do one TvT but he seems really solid in that match up as well. TvZ however is lacking, but I honestly don't know how he can improve his play... by the looks of it, he's doing every right move but the battles are still close as hell.

Love watching Flash. Will watch more!

edit: profit, I am attending the birthday party. I don't know quite yet how I'll be staying there but I'll keep you updated.

No worries, there's a party a few steps outside of my appartment where I'll be going too. No idea when I'll be leaving though.

Yoshichan

Damn it, it's 6pm and still no response when I'm heading out on dinner... This might turn out much later than expected ._.

SamuraiX-

Wow. Can't believe the guy dropped them after the crazy amount of success both events had. That really sucks. :(

Yoshichan

I'm at the party now, profit! I can play whenever :lol Do you have Skype/Mumble?

Yoshichan

Zealots are overpowered piece of shit units

Just like every protoss unit

And every protoss player

Yoshichan

I just got home and time for me to call it a day.... You home tomorrow night? Ill PM you my skype.
Np man! I'm also tired as hell! PM me tomorrow man!

Btw, how come you are at a party, but still able to play :D
I'm Yoshi! People understand :3

Fuck how am I suppose to deal with speedling all ins? I scouted it and tried to set up a wall in time but my creep didn't spread far enough in my natural to be able to wall it off.

giri

Fuck how am I suppose to deal with speedling all ins? I scouted it and tried to set up a wall in time but my creep didn't spread far enough in my natural to be able to wall it off.

spines + queens to start with and i believe you're meant to start your own zergling speed upgrade when you scout it.

I think an alternative way is to get your own speed + banelings.

Yoshichan

There was no party.... was there?
Don't worry, we are here for you <3
Haha, no seriously, it was a birthday party at a friends house and I just took my laptop and accessories with me. Nothing special here in Sweden, we're all gamers :p

Yoshichan

Profit, you're in Eullope right? You said you could play today at night, do you know approx. what time?

Yoshichan

No, I'm in Europe :p
Think it'll be around 20.00 - 21.00, not too sure yet.
Europe = Eullope on GAF :lol

Aight, sounds good man! Just hook me up with dat PM or make a post about it in this thread. Did you do Mumble/Skype btw?

Watched AI fight on the new maps so I have a better idea of them. As zerg I don't I really like Polar Night or Yeonsu that much. On Polar Night there's not only ice between your natural and the safer 3rd, but also ice on top of the 3rd. Your other possible 3rd looks much harder to hold than on something like Akilon Wastes. On Yeonsu, same thing except for no rocks on top of the safer 3rd. On your 4th/5th base the only way in is to break the descructable rocks in front of it, something that I feel favors Terran and Protoss more.

Not like my opinion matters much but I wonder what some of the pro Zerg think of them.

Yoshichan

Zealots are overpowered piece of shit units

Just like every protoss unit

And every protoss player
Wow. I don't even remember posting this o_o Scary.

Zen

Banned
These maps man, dees maps. These are the kinds of maps we should have had from day 1. Though it has turned TvT into a proxy cheese fest. How are my protoss and zerg brothers feeling about them?

Zomg I actually beat someone. Only took me doing my highest APM ever (only 72) but still.

Keep on badassing it up brother!

Top Bottom