• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Boken

Banned
Kespa going open structure: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=427174
-all south korean teams can join kespa free of charge
-broadcasting rights still paid

in korean: http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...36&article_id=0000091303&date=20130828&page=1

Chances are, this move is motivated by LoL's popularity in Korea. Kespa is intending to create a proleague for LoL next year, but many powerful LoL teams in Korea are independant (najin, MVP, IM, MiG). This move allows these teams to participate in the proleague while allowing Kespa to still charge over broadcasting rights.

SamuraiX-

Red Bull Battle Grounds New York City

Eight elite StarCraft® II programers hit NYC in November to compete for $50 said:
Thanksgiving will come a bit early for StarCraft eSports fans this year. That’s because a brand new competition, Red Bull Battle Grounds New York, is coming to the historic Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan November 23-24.

Eight progamers will converge in the Big Apple to vie for $50,000 in prizes and the title of champion. Four of the contenders have already been named, earned by their performance at past Red Bull eSports events. The top two players from the inaugural Red Bull Battlegrounds tournament in 2012 – Jang Min ‘MC’ Chul and reigning WCS Season 2 champion Ji Sung ‘Bomber’ Choi – have already earned their spot in the lineup. They will be joined by Myeong Hwan ‘Golden’ Jo, the winner of this year’s Red Bull Training Grounds Santa Monica and Jens ‘Snute’ Aasgaard, winner of Red Bull Training Grounds Orlando.

Red Bull eSports ringmaster, Sean ‘Day[9]’ Plott, will reprise his role as Master of Ceremonies, caster and commentator extraordinaire, joined by other prominent names from the professional gaming scene. Red Bull Battle Grounds will also unfold in front of a live audience at the Hammerstein Ballroom – as well as a livestream audience, tuning in from around the globe.

Stay tuned for news of upcoming qualifiers to select the final four competitors, details of the schedule and format for the weekend and how to attend the Red Bull Battle Grounds New York StarCraft II eSports showdown. The two-day tournament will also be broadcast live at Redbull.com/eSports, which uses the Twitch TV player for all LIVE eSports coverage.

Here's 4/8 competitors:
GmpegIQl.jpg
ETaP0gdl.jpg

28er3Mtl.jpg
5b1pKUNl.jpg

GET HYPED

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MC so godlike in that pic

Will be hosting a

GAF night-Wednesday. Be there, or get nerfed.

9pm EST
NA Server
Beating up on n00bs and taking names.

Team games to start off with! If enough people we can do in-house, maybe more than one team in random 4v4s (depending on how many we get)

Reminder to the new page in case anyone missed it! Thats tonight BTW!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Someone please translate to Europppeee time!

Chris R

Started again to see if I can't get to Gold one more time. I'm so rusty they placed me in Bronze :(

Almost out of it though, already top 10 so I should be Silver before the end of the month and Gold before the end of the Ladder season (easily I hope). I even made a few sentries today :eek:

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Starting to play a lot more but I can't make it to the GAF night tonight because I'm making my way to Seattle for PAX. Any StarCraft events that I should be aware of?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Starting to play a lot more but I can't make it to the GAF night tonight because I'm making my way to Seattle for PAX. Any StarCraft events that I should be aware of?
Sometimes evil geniuses sends people to pax. No idea if they are this year though.

Chris R

I think I played that guy. 15 apm though so he might be regressing.

My APM is ~0 for the first two minutes. Then it slowly climbs to 80ish as the game picks up.

Also, I've learned my lesson enough to prevent any in base cheese play :) Denied it a few times today. Feels great not losing to cannon rushers any more.

giri

can someone confirm, has the team liquid site been an absolute shitfest for anyone else recently?

Like, due to the terrible ad's they're using, or the buggy flash that they're using, it only works 1 in 4 goes for me. The rest of the time it just locks up and i have to close/reload.

Aylinato

can someone confirm, has the team liquid site been an absolute shitfest for anyone else recently?

Like, due to the terrible ad's they're using, or the buggy flash that they're using, it only works 1 in 4 goes for me. The rest of the time it just locks up and i have to close/reload.

I only go there to see what streams are on. I find their discussions are....well...not helpful

giri

I only go there to see what streams are on. I find their discussions are....well...not helpful

Yeah, i like to read their previews for the groups, and for general news about the e-sports teams.

Dont' really know of a better website for sc2 news. Are there any?

Wunder

Yeah, i like to read their previews for the groups, and for general news about the e-sports teams.

Dont' really know of a better website for sc2 news. Are there any?

Teamliquid previews are the bestest of the best! #1 Premier source for the best insight into the Korean scene.

Boken

Banned
Teamliquid previews are the bestest of the best! #1 Premier source for the best insight into the Korean scene.

i agree. TL artciles have great attention to detail and one of the few english sites with a finger on the pulse of the korean scene.

the community is derp though

SamuraiX-

Yoshichan

How is Flash stream?

SamuraiX-

Nobody cares that the JangBANG is no more. ;_;_;_;

Also, when the hell is Iron Squid III gonna be happening? After the megaton of success they had with Iron Squid II I'm really surprised news about the next event hasn't even been hinted at for 7 solid months.

New players are coming in while the old retire.

Mvp should retire soon since Nestea pretty much has done so already. Mvp has become the legend of SC2 like Flash is for BW and has won more tournaments than any other player as of now.

Yoshichan

JangBi was a BW legend and I respect him 100% for that. I didn't even know he played SC2 though... That must say something about his performance today though.

It's a pity nonetheless.

Edit: no, MVP is not the Flash of SC2. It's not all about winning tournaments.

Ugh so fucking pissed right now. Faced a protoss on ladder that opened 3 gate and came at me with 6 zealots. I was able to spot it and hold it, but right before it I had no idea what I did and whenever I targeted one unit of mine it targeted every one of mine and I couldn't get it to stop, so I just left mid match. -_-'

Top Bottom